The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by comrade_jon
The bartering doesn't really happen, because they get your results and decide before you even see yours. Hence why on results day people tend to log into UCAS to see if their place has been confirmed or not.

The case for most, if not all, colleges is that if you miss out on your offer (which even if you got A*s in everything else is still missing out) you need to photocopy your module results to them, but largely I think it's safe to say you'd still get in with an A* elsewhere

OOh thanks there's hope. I did better in maths than psychology (missed out A* by 5 UMS in psych) which is strange so i guess i should keep trying for the A* in both.
Original post by Shortduct
Hey - does your freshers pack have anything special for engineering?

I got one for my college, but there isn't really much about engineering (the subject I have an offer for) in mine, just a mention about some problems that I presume we receive after results.

It's particularly for engineers - it has preparatory problems for engineers to work through during summer and also info on industrial placements (including email details on the guy responsible for them at Cambridge) and also info and preparation for the mindstorms week at the beginning of the first year.
Reply 1182
Hey guys :smile: I'm somewhat new to this entire thing :smile:
Congrats to all of you with offers!
I got an offer from Churchill College doing med so i can't wait till October! Just thought id get used to the meeting new ppl aspect of the experience :P
Original post by Kandrewz

Original post by Kandrewz
Hey guys :smile: I'm somewhat new to this entire thing :smile:
Congrats to all of you with offers!
I got an offer from Churchill College doing med so i can't wait till October! Just thought id get used to the meeting new ppl aspect of the experience :P

Hello :biggrin:
I've got an offer to do medicine too (at murray ewards)!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1184
I'm really excited :biggrin: I can't wait!!
Original post by l4ith

I just want to leave home now!
Original post by l4ith

Original post by l4ith
i'm really excited :d i can't wait!!

same!!! :d :d :d
Original post by Got the tshirt
It's particularly for engineers - it has preparatory problems for engineers to work through during summer and also info on industrial placements (including email details on the guy responsible for them at Cambridge) and also info and preparation for the mindstorms week at the beginning of the first year.

Hey - thanks for the reply! I got just got the same documents as you (by post).

I love some of the suggestions: "Watch some YouTube videos" ... got that sorted:biggrin:
Original post by l4ith

me too!!! :biggrin:

btw, congrats on your Jan results!
Original post by Shortduct
Hey - thanks for the reply! I got just got the same documents as you (by post).

I love some of the suggestions: "Watch some YouTube videos" ... got that sorted:biggrin:

lol, yeah i liked the youtube thing :biggrin: also how they basically said 'play with lego'!
Original post by Mc^3
Why not? It's not like we have our own one, called "Cambridge offer holders 2011"... :colondollar:

well, look where this post is :tongue:

or are you telling me that one thread is not enough?
Reply 1191
Original post by Hermione17
well, look where this post is :tongue:

or are you telling me that one thread is not enough?

:tongue: My mind is boggled
Original post by Kobie
x

Original post by Gooner231
x

Original post by jonnyboy1993
x

Original post by cpdavis
x

Original post by Mc^3
x

Original post by TimmonaPortella
x

We have our own thread here to chat

Original post by Zoedotdot
x

I am trying to make them move to here
Reply 1193

Ta! Would rep you but I already repped your post above :smile: Should just reiterate though, DO keep posting in the other thread because it's nice to have lots of people available, just maybe less focused on Newnham jokes and more on applicant jokes :p:
Reply 1194

Goody two-shoes :rolleyes:
Ta! Would rep you but I already repped your post above :smile: Should just reiterate though, DO keep posting in the other thread because it's nice to have lots of people available, just maybe less focused on Newnham jokes and more on applicant jokes :p:

But this thread is rubbish. :puppyeyes:

Meh, we still have Skype...

lmao.
Assertive. I like it.
Aha, i cant wait till next year...... :tongue: hehe you guys have great conversations :biggrin:

I will visit the 2012 thread frequently. I just wish there were some engineering applicants for 2012 there!
Reply 1199
Original post by Doughnuts!!
But this thread is rubbish. :puppyeyes:

Meh, we still have Skype...

You have the one in society chat as well don't you? That's the one I was thinking of :smile:

Right, officially quitting bossing people around for the evening :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending