The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by India13
LSE L101 offer :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

May I ask what grades you achieved at AS and in which subjects? :smile:
Original post by balloon92
Predicted: A*AAA Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
AS: AAAB Econ, Physics, Poltics and Maths (respectively)
GCSE: 12A*s 1A

Good luck!

Ahh balls, similar to me me but i got rejected last night! Lucky fella...
Reply 2102
Hi, i've got a letter from UCL from L100 Economics saying that they intend to give me an offer, but i need to go to an open day before they do. Has anyone been to one of these this year and if so what should i expect, any interviewing etc?
Reply 2103
Hey, I just wanted some of your opinions. Based on the university as a whole, which university would you firm between Queen Mary University of London or City University London?

Thanks.
Reply 2104
was just wondering... if i've got rejected from LSE last year due to the absence of A* for maths in my forecast under the L101 course, but then my teacher recently updated my forecast after the AS results came out. do you think i have a chance if i email the uni? my forecast is now A*A*AA for phy, math, econs and further math respectively...
Reply 2105
Original post by Sheng
was just wondering... if i've got rejected from LSE last year due to the absence of A* for maths in my forecast under the L101 course, but then my teacher recently updated my forecast after the AS results came out. do you think i have a chance if i email the uni? my forecast is now A*A*AA for phy, math, econs and further math respectively...

If I were you I'd send it right away
Reply 2106
Original post by suki92
Hi, i've got a letter from UCL from L100 Economics saying that they intend to give me an offer, but i need to go to an open day before they do. Has anyone been to one of these this year and if so what should i expect, any interviewing etc?

There's no interview (or at least there wasn't)

You get a talk, drinks break where you can ask questions then a tour of UCL, it's over pretty quickly.
Reply 2107
Bath A*AA
Exeter AAA
Nottingham AAB

Out of those 3 which one is the most prestigious one internationally and if I later want to go into finance?
Original post by Sheng

I think that they have probably already given out all of their offers.. But still, you don't loose anything by trying. They just MIGHT change their mind. I personally (also being rejected from LSE) am not going to bother.

Original post by gashh
Bath A*AA
Exeter AAA
Nottingham AAB

Out of those 3 which one is the most prestigious one internationally and if I later want to go into finance?

Bath no brainer. Its a really good uni and clearly because the offer is higher than notts and exeter, they only want the top people.
Original post by angelic03
lol, well good luck hearing from them! I called warwick up to tell them my results because I haven't heard from them either, but they already know!

Also, it might be worth emailing/calling the unis that have rejected you if your jan exams changed any of your grades...

Once you've been rejected, it's final.
Reply 2110
Original post by gashh
Bath A*AA
Exeter AAA
Nottingham AAB

Mind me asking what your GCSEs and A-level scores are like? :smile:
Original post by LethalResistant
Once you've been rejected, it's final.

not necessarily. You might have changed your AS and A2 (if retaking an A2 from doing it early) grades, so they still might be able to consider you.

I called up some unis that rejected me and they said they were willing to reconsider.
Anybody going to the Birmingham economics Applicants day on wednesday???

I completely forgot about it till today! Now i have to go by myself :frown: haha
Original post by i.love.heroes
Anybody going to the Birmingham economics Applicants day on wednesday???

I completely forgot about it till today! Now i have to go by myself :frown: haha

Ha, that's funny, haven't been on this thread for ages, and just clicked on it to see if anyone was going to the Application Open Day on Wednesday! Are you planning on firming Birmingham Uni? It was my only offer, so I already have.. Ha. Also, have you applied for accommodation yet?
Yes i firmed it the other day :biggrin:
couldn't decide between nottingham and birmingham but birmingham is a better city (in my opinion) :smile: haha well birminghams the best one to get an offer from anyway! :biggrin:
yeh i have, i put mainly vale ensuite. mason, elgar etc. then the duplex. you?
Original post by ellie_velvet
Ha, that's funny, haven't been on this thread for ages, and just clicked on it to see if anyone was going to the Application Open Day on Wednesday! Are you planning on firming Birmingham Uni? It was my only offer, so I already have.. Ha. Also, have you applied for accommodation yet?

^forgot to quote you :biggrin:
Which one should I choose, Exeter or York?
Original post by angelic03
not necessarily. You might have changed your AS and A2 (if retaking an A2 from doing it early) grades, so they still might be able to consider you.

I called up some unis that rejected me and they said they were willing to reconsider.

Unless you have cashed in your grades last year, I don't think universities would have known about your UMS/grades last year. So they may have rejected you based on other factors, eg. GCSEs/personal statement/reference. It's not like they do not believe you would meet their grade requirements, because at the end, you need to GET those grades to get in. Maybe they've found stronger applicants that deserve the place more than you do. If they give out offers to everyone, there would just be too many people admitted than they can possibly take in.
But I maybe wrong, and good luck in your appeal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by i.love.heroes
Yes i firmed it the other day :biggrin:
couldn't decide between nottingham and birmingham but birmingham is a better city (in my opinion) :smile: haha well birminghams the best one to get an offer from anyway! :biggrin:
yeh i have, i put mainly vale ensuite. mason, elgar etc. then the duplex. you?

I applied for accommodation about 5 weeks ago, but I've had no reply! Do you think that's okay?! Really scared I'm going to end up somewhere rubbish cos they keep on saying 'Apply as soon as you get an offer because accommodation goes quickly', etc.. I actually can't remember where I applied though.. All on The Vale though. See you tomorrow then! Although obviously we won't know each other, haha.
Original post by ellie_velvet
I applied for accommodation about 5 weeks ago, but I've had no reply! Do you think that's okay?! Really scared I'm going to end up somewhere rubbish cos they keep on saying 'Apply as soon as you get an offer because accommodation goes quickly', etc.. I actually can't remember where I applied though.. All on The Vale though. See you tomorrow then! Although obviously we won't know each other, haha.

You should email them and check they've had it just in case! I couldn't decide between all girls or mixed but went for mixed in the end. I was thinking our course is mainly guys but then people we share accomodation with do different courses anyway!
haha see you tomorrow! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending