The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6960
Original post by antonfigo

A lot of those are from ages ago. I don't really see what's quite so funny...
Original post by Abiraleft
A lot of those are from ages ago. I don't really see what's quite so funny...

I reckon it's probably the fact that they're all from latter stages of seasons.

Some of the fans/fansites are so fickle. :colonhash:
Reply 6962
Original post by marcusmerehay
I reckon it's probably the fact that they're all from latter stages of seasons.

Some of the fans/fansites are so fickle. :colonhash:

Indeed. And who goes around searching 'Wenger has lost the plot' on Google? :s-smilie:
DjouroU, Song, Vermaelen, Walcott, Szcheney. All out for indefinite periods of time, sigh
Reply 6964
Emmanuel Petit: Arsenal’s Key Players Are Cracking Up And There Is A Curse Around The Club:

Spoiler

I can't see Barca paying a lot of money just to get Fabregas to sit on the bench most of the time tbh. Just like Spain in the world cup he'll rarely start imo
Reply 6966
JK.
OP
Original post by GlennyBoy
I can't see Barca paying a lot of money just to get Fabregas to sit on the bench most of the time tbh. Just like Spain in the world cup he'll rarely start imo

Xavi's only got a few more years max left in him, he'd be bought as his replacement.
Original post by JK.
Xavi's only got a few more years max left in him, he'd be bought as his replacement.

aah yeah never took that into consideration! oops haha.
Fabregas will replace Xavi over the next few years while Iniesta takes full control of the midfield.
Cesc would start at least half the games for Barca, if he were to move there. Pep could rest either Iniesta or Xavi - look at how they utilise Mascherano, a world class DM. I think you should try and get him as part of a swap deal, tbh. Masch plus £30m would be a good deal.
Original post by Kevmeister
Cesc would start at least half the games for Barca, if he were to move there. Pep could rest either Iniesta or Xavi - look at how they utilise Mascherano, a world class DM. I think you should try and get him as part of a swap deal, tbh. Masch plus £30m would be a good deal.

That deal looks quite interesting. While they like Mascherano, they obviously like Cesc more. It would also solve the financial problems. However, Song/Mascherano/Wilshere might be a bit too defensive..
Reply 6971
I expect our midfield to be Song/Wilshere/Ramsey if Cesc leaves. Mascherano could sit on the bench.
Original post by T.Adams VI
That deal looks quite interesting. While they like Mascherano, they obviously like Cesc more. It would also solve the financial problems. However, Song/Mascherano/Wilshere might be a bit too defensive..

If that were to happen Wilshere would be pushed up the pitch where Fabregas would have been. I believe he would be better there. Especially because of his dribbling.
Don't know if anyone else has heard, but Sky Sports report that we're close to signing none other than the mad Jens Lehmann on a contract to the end of the season.

Could just be the fact that he's currently at the club getting his coaching badges, but he's a guy with plenty to offer - perhaps it's him that's given Manuel the kick up the arse?
Original post by Abiraleft
Indeed. And who goes around searching 'Wenger has lost the plot' on Google? :s-smilie:

I saw a bunch of headlines with the same title.....I searched for it and it seems that its a norm when we turn to the final quarter of the season :colonhash: :colonhash:
lehman to return :facepalm2:
jermaindefoe
lehman to return

Tbf, Lehmann or Gomes? :beard:
Original post by marcusmerehay
Tbf, Lehmann or Gomes? :beard:

what would you have said after last seaons 2-1 at WHL?
Reply 6978
Lehmann. Be class. :toofunny:
Original post by jermaindefoe
what would you have said after last seaons 2-1 at WHL?

Haha, don't let me start drawing on our results. It would be a long afternoon. :thumbsup:

Latest