The Student Room Group

Mixed race relationships aren't a good idea....

Firstly I would like to make it clear that I am of a mixed ethnicity Asian and Caucasian and I think that this mix in particular is not good for the children produced out of relationships between orientals and Caucasians relationships. This is why:

1. I have experienced alot of problems growing up, including intense continuous physical and mental bullying throughout school years. As you might of guessed they were focused on racial attacks particularly focused on the Chinese side of my mixed heritage.

2. As well as this the physical appearance is usually not attractive, and this is why I am looking at the oriental / white combination in particular. I have pale white skin but with eyes that are are asian slanted shape.

3. Another problem is that if anything goes wrong your more likely screwed as a mixed person the rarer the mixture the worst it is. Like when it comes to the scarcity of bone marrow surgery for example.

Scroll to see replies

great.

Edit: this was meant to be sarcastic.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
okay sorry didn't realise.
Thanks for letting us know, the BNP will surely like to use this in future propoganda.
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly I would like to make it clear that I am of a mixed ethnicity Asian and Caucasian and I think that this mix in particular is not good for the children produced out of relationships between orientals and Caucasians relationships. This is why:

1. I have experienced alot of problems growing up, including intense continuous physical and mental bullying throughout school years. As you might of guessed they were focused on racial attacks particularly focused on the Chinese side of my mixed heritage.

2. As well as this the physical appearance is usually not attractive, and this is why I am looking at the oriental / white combination in particular. I have pale white skin but with eyes that are are asian slanted shape.

3. Another problem is that if anything goes wrong your more likely screwed as a mixed person the rarer the mixture the worst it is. Like when it comes to the scarcity of bone marrow surgery for example.

what does caucasian mean?
and when you say asian, does that mean chinese? japanses? indian?
Original post by Anonymous

Speak for yourself.
There was actually a study I thought that showed that mixed race people were actually more successful, it looked at some footballers, singers and so on including people like Leona Lewis.
Thought I would add that to try and cheer you up.
Reply 7
If the same race continued to produce same race children you would eventually get mutations or over bred qualities that might not be favoured. An example would be in dogs, mixed dogs are usually far healthy then pedigree. Suppose it could go either way?
Reply 8
Well done for making a sweeping statement based on your own personal experiences. I suggest you man up and put your bitterness at life down to your own woe-is-me personality and not the choice of your parents to procreate.
1. Problems growing up doesn't mean mixed race relationships are a bad idea, they mean that those ignorant people causing the problem should change. Not you.

2. There are many mixed race people in the world who are absolutely stunning. Just because of the texture of the skin, the eyes, the colour, everything. If you think you're not good looking, that's probably either you having a low self esteem, or you're one of the few people in the world who aren't good looking, despite being mixed race.

3. Yes it's difficult to find similar bone marrow or whatever it is, when it comes to the NHS. But being mixed race means that you have a wide gene pool anyway, and that you are less likely to get ill in the first place.
Reply 10
Original post by SummerSofas

Caucasian generally = white.
Considering the fact that China, Japan and India are all in Asia... anyway, japanses?
Whereas we have much greater chance at not developing disease (genetic or infection) due to our heterozygosity.

http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_political/4503249.html?thread=265162449

And genetics arent about "mixtures", they're a complex set of variables which are unique and individually differ anyway, regardless of race or whatnot. Im cookies and cream and its not as if i were to accept chocolate fudge brownie i'd be screwed.

Its more complex than that.

And about the racial attacks? Live through them. You're bound to get them somewhere you go if you're a minority. And you always will be. Im the chinese minority here, when i go east i look like a white bloke to them. But laugh them off. Turn the would be racial slur into a bit of banter. Cope with being who you are. This is what i've learned to live with over the last 18 (19 next week) years.

And dont ever tell me Chinese/White isnt attractive, I could model for CK if i wasnt so busy :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12

Seriously?????
'Caucasian' means 'white-skinned'. It's a euphemism.
Reply 13
You might be ugly, but there are a lot of stunning mixed race girls out there!

The only logical point is 3. Number 1 you might as well change to ethnic minorities are a bad idea, which is obviously bull****.

Original post by Superlogon
If the same race continued to produce same race children you would eventually get mutations or over bred qualities that might not be favoured. An example would be in dogs, mixed dogs are usually far healthy then pedigree. Suppose it could go either way?

This is only because many dog pedigrees come from a very small genetic pool. When the genetic pool of a given race is over 1 billion people you're not going to have much of an issue! Unless you start to breed within a small closed population within that.

(EDIT: there are some conditions more common in certain areas, of course, and more common in certain races. But there are also plenty of autosomal dominant conditions present in different amounts in different places that you could end up getting no matter what the other parent, and similarly different races are more prone to different common conditions i.e. diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers. You could end up being more prone to several conditions through mixed parentage. Essentially - not as simple as dog pedigrees...)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Uh.. he's right about bone marrow transplants and organs being harder to match for mixed-race people. I thought this was a well-known fact. I'm not saying people of different races shouldn't have children, of course.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15

Obviously he's not indian if he has slanted eyes..
Reply 16
1. People always pick on who stands out as different, in order to boost their status and can even encourage others to avoid what is different. So the mixed race child doesn't stand a chance because he has already entered school with a disadvantage in this respect.

2. In the same way as my above point they will often look physically unique in some way usually the eyes. Look how this person was treated : http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/2009/11/091118_outlook_chinese_singer.shtml

3. It makes sense there are less mixed races people population wise 1.4% in the uk i think. you think people barely donate as it is, now think of mixed race donors... (I will refuse to respond to your comment on no3 if you call me a troll again)
Totally disagree. I am mixed raced and I love it. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. Never been bullied for who I am because that is just it... I am who I am. accept it.
I also like my appearance. I am black Caribbean and white Caucasian.
You are who you are.
Reply 18
Great, so what you are saying if that my parents relationship is wrong. Some people are ignorant and pick on trival issues such as race. Being mixed race, our gene pool is more varied. Beauty is subjective I guess. Have a high self esteem or yourself and let haters hate.
Reply 19
A disguised self-esteem thread?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending