The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
just phoned and i asked when it is likely we will be hearing and the guy said that it is most likely to be the end of march :frown:
Reply 1561
Sorry no joy. Asked to speak to the admissions secretary and was told that she won't be available to answer calls today.
Reply 1562
2 weeks to go!
Dmz have you rang up yet, why would they say to you that they were giving out decisions and now just pretend otherwise!
arghh, all this contradicting info!

a)In my interview I was told that I would be likely to hear in mid-march.
b)Recently someone got an e-mail saying that they were starting to give out offers on Monday (today), which is roughly mid-march , I guess.
c)Yet when I called admissions a few days ago they said end of march. (but they guy said he didn't know for sure)

Conclusion: Definitely March :P

* sighs* it's been exactly 3 months since my interview. 3 slowest months of my life =/

EDIT: although doesn't UCAS update only at midnight, so any offers/rejections wouldn't show until later on? Idk, i'm just clutching at straws here! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by danman14
arghh, all this contradicting info!

a)In my interview I was told that I would be likely to hear in mid-march.
b)Recently someone got an e-mail saying that they were starting to give out offers on Monday (today), which is roughly mid-march , I guess.
c)Yet when I called admissions a few days ago they said end of march. (but they guy said he didn't know for sure)

Conclusion: Definitely March :P

* sighs* it's been exactly 3 months since my interview. 3 slowest months of my life =/

I feel for you. I have been waiting a month and it's hellish - can't imagine 3 months! I was also told mid-March by my interviewers.
Original post by sweetchilli
I feel for you. I have been waiting a month and it's hellish - can't imagine 3 months! I was also told mid-March by my interviewers.

lol, thanks :smile:.

it must have been a nice feeling to have misread your interview invite for February instead of December and to suddenly discover that you have an extra 2 months before the interview! Wish the same happened to me :rolleyes:
lol, thanks :smile:.

it must have been a nice feeling to have misread your interview invite for February instead of December and to suddenly discover that you have an extra 2 months before the interview! Wish the same happened to me :rolleyes:

Yes, it was although I was all geared up for December and had prepared for that but just gave me some breathing space. :rolleyes:
Reply 1568
Original post by dmz

dmz i hope youre not one of these people who make up facts to give us all false hope :hmmm:

did you ring today? :colondollar:
give me good news! :h:
Reply 1569
oh..my..WORD.

so ive already checked my emails a number of times a day. checked them about 15 mins ago but checked them again there now... (:h:)

and there was an email from "University of Glasgow"
i actually almost peed my pants.

clicked it and it was about a webchat with Biological and Life Science students.

biggest
anti-
climax
EVER.
Original post by cuhlowey
oh..my..WORD.

so ive already checked my emails a number of times a day. checked them about 15 mins ago but checked them again there now... (:h:)

clicked it and it was about a webchat with Biological and Life Science students.

biggest
anti-
climax
EVER.

my heart rate just shot through the roof as I was reading this..until I got to the bit about the web-chat.
Reply 1571
my heart rate just shot through the roof as I was reading this..until I got to the bit about the web-chat.

yes, you can imagine how i felt!!!! :eek:
yes, you can imagine how i felt!!!! :eek:

lol..I know, its a horrible feeling :frown: (go on the Aberdeen thread and half of all the posts will be about people whose hearts exploded after getting e-mails from the university only to find out that they are stupid newsletters :angry: )
Reply 1573

EDIT: although doesn't UCAS update only at midnight, so any offers/rejections wouldn't show until later on? Idk, i'm just clutching at straws here! :smile:

Nope,

Dundee offers last week were sent out in two batches. One at lunchtime and one at dinnertime (as the dundee admissions uploaded the decisions to UCAS at those times). I've read other unis do the same.

The emails from UCAS came an hour or so after the status had updated though.
Original post by AuldYin
Nope,

Dundee offers last week were sent out in two batches. One at lunchtime and one at dinnertime (as the dundee admissions uploaded the decisions to UCAS at those times). I've read other unis do the same.

The emails from UCAS came an hour or so after the status had updated though.

ah ok, my bad :rolleyes:
Reply 1575
Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh
Original post by trungo
Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh

That would make sense. Annoyed at the 29th as IF I get an offer then I'm on a course that day for my MRes - are there any others?
Reply 1577
oh..my..WORD.

biggest
anti-
climax
EVER.

Haha, I know what you mean :smile: I've had a ton of emails telling me how wonderful engineering is at Glasgow (have an unconditional for Biomedical engineering), and today came home to a big brown envelope (gasp!).
It was more engineering stuff.
I think they're dropping hints :biggrin:

Where are youuuu?

What did they say when you phoned?
Reply 1579
Original post by sweetchilli
That would make sense. Annoyed at the 29th as IF I get an offer then I'm on a course that day for my MRes - are there any others?

After having a nosy around the Glasgow website I think thats the only applicant open day..but I'm sure you can ring and arrange a private tour prehaps?

the wait is agonising!

Quick Reply