The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by kellystewart
I was interviewed on the 9th March also so I am waiting with baited breath on the dreaded/revered email!!

Not sure if they are rejecting/making offers in any particular order though....any ideas?

i think rejections are easier to update than offers (offers involve more writing to do or something like that... plus there is the system relating offers with confirmation from the applicant's side... not sure if that made any sense :biggrin: ) ANYWAYS :biggrin: my guess is that the stuff uploads things according to their moods... they must be a bit lazy on mondays, after weekends, so they just thought to start with the easier job... OR i might be completely wrong...

PS: never mind me... i'm just getting a bit lonely and bored :smile:
lol bless you...we all feel the same I think
oh no the rejections are coming :frown:
please dont make my week any worse st andrews! :frown:
(i am aware the week has only just started...but its still been rubbish!)
Reply 1503
Original post by teafil
i think rejections are easier to update than offers (offers involve more writing to do or something like that... plus there is the system relating offers with confirmation from the applicant's side... not sure if that made any sense :biggrin: ) ANYWAYS :biggrin: my guess is that the stuff uploads things according to their moods... they must be a bit lazy on mondays, after weekends, so they just thought to start with the easier job... OR i might be completely wrong...

PS: never mind me... i'm just getting a bit lonely and bored :smile:

^^^ It because you cant ask everyone their UKCAT now :wink:
Reply 1504
Original post by ryan118244
^^^ It because you cant ask everyone their UKCAT now :wink:

:smile:)) who says i can't ? technically yeah i can! ... But i'm not sure who has NOT been asked yet... :biggrin:

Totally unrelated... do you guys have a sort of picture album at the end of the high school?
Original post by atomos
oh no the rejections are coming :frown:
please dont make my week any worse st andrews! :frown:
(i am aware the week has only just started...but its still been rubbish!)

I'm with you on that! The only thing that could make this week any worse for me would be an Aberdeen rejection which would make a full set (can i get extra points on my ukcat for that? lol)

If you get a rejection (hopefully you won't though) at least things can only improve :smile: thats how I'm trying to look at things :smile: good luck :smile:

Thinggggggggggs can only get bettttttterrrrrr :smile: (in song :tongue:)
Original post by Quackers93
I'm with you on that! The only thing that could make this week any worse for me would be an Aberdeen rejection which would make a full set (can i get extra points on my ukcat for that? lol)

If you get a rejection (hopefully you won't though) at least things can only improve :smile: thats how I'm trying to look at things :smile: good luck :smile:

Thinggggggggggs can only get bettttttterrrrrr :smile: (in song :tongue:)

thank you, and ill keep my fingers crossed for you that aberdeen decide they actually want to give you a last minute interview :redface: but if not, good luck on your gap year/reapplying...might be joining you with that :redface:
Reply 1507
Original post by rp32
Had my interview back in December, so I've been stalking these threads for months. Fair to say I'm bricking it now. Anyone else from the December batch had anything at all?

I'm exactly the same :P interview was 15th of December i think? It's been such a long horrible wait :P
Original post by atomos
thank you, and ill keep my fingers crossed for you that aberdeen decide they actually want to give you a last minute interview :redface: but if not, good luck on your gap year/reapplying...might be joining you with that :redface:

feel free to join the club!... thought don't if you have a choice lol hope you get in! never know, might see everyone next year :biggrin: lol
Reply 1509
Original post by teafil
:smile:)) who says i can't ? technically yeah i can! ... But i'm not sure who has NOT been asked yet... :biggrin:

Totally unrelated... do you guys have a sort of picture album at the end of the high school?

Haha very true indeed!

Not an album, only a year and class photo.
Reply 1510
Original post by ryan118244
Haha very true indeed!

Not an album, only a year and class photo.

Ah that's reasonable :d :smile:

Going back to the topic :biggrin: i have a feeling that most people will hear back this week... i think the university has a pretty clear ranking of the applicants so they probably have doubts regarding just a hand full of them and therefore waiting for the last interview days...

I can't wait for this month to be over!
I think you might be right. There is no real reason to hold off till the last week if there is only maybe 20/30 more interviews to be conducted. So in reality they can send out at least 250 offers safely. Eeeeep
Reply 1512
Original post by areyousure?
heyy guys,
i got my rejection today.
i had my interview on wed 9th march .
good luck to you all :biggrin:

:puppyeyes:I'm am actually going to cry.

Got an email saying my UCAS has been updated.

St. Andrews: unsuccessful.

Guess I'm not going to uni this year :frown:

Ohhhh ... So sorry to hear this ... Kepp your head held up high, as :

Failure is not when you fall down... its when you dont get back up" - If not this year, then next year ... ( applies more to Quackers93 )

Can I ask what your UKCAT scores were ?
really sorry to those of you who received rejections today....keep smiling though, one year out can only strengthen your application, theres no going backwards :smile:!!!

Anyone have any offers today?
was interviewed on the 9th of march... 'areyousure?' was interviewed on the same day and got an unsuccessful today... do you think no news is good news, or are they just being slow at giving the rejections out?
aaaah, i just want to know :frown:
Original post by SRK.

Failure is not when you fall down... its when you dont get back up" - If not this year, then next year ... ( applies more to Quackers93 )

Original post by georgie91
really sorry to those of you who received rejections today....keep smiling though, one year out can only strengthen your application, theres no going backwards :smile:!!!

Anyone have any offers today?

thanks guys, hopefully i will get the grades for birmingham :biggrin:
my ukcat was 627.5
Original post by SRK.

Thanks, after talking to people I do feel a lot better about it, forming a plan now :smile: everything happens for a reason :smile: bring on 2012 applicants! :tongue: I got 632.5 for my ukcat

Original post by areyousure?
thanks guys, hopefully i will get the grades for birmingham :biggrin:
my ukcat was 627.5

I wonder if it was our ukcats that lost us it cause i guess ours seem relatively low compared to quite a few I've seen :/ ah wells :smile:
Thanks, after talking to people I do feel a lot better about it, forming a plan now :smile: everything happens for a reason :smile: bring on 2012 applicants! :tongue: I got 632.5 for my ukcat

I wonder if it was our ukcats that lost us it cause i guess ours seem relatively low compared to quite a few I've seen :/ ah wells :smile:

D: thats what i got too:redface:
Reply 1518
So I take it they've started processing decisions, looking at the buzz in this thread.

I was interviewed back in November, not heard back yet. Though looking at the stalking thread, only one other applicant on TSR who was interviewed the same day as me hasn't received an offer. My chances aren't looking too good.
Original post by atomos
D: thats what i got too:redface:

*high-5- for 632.5* lol but look at it this way, if they're getting rid of low ukcat scores now, and you've not got anything, that can only be a good thing :smile: also you might've done better with your PS or in interview. Are you a scottish student? because if you've already got the grades that might help too :smile: hopefully if they're sending out rejections first you won't hear too soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending