The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wheezing is sound on expiration, stridor is noise on inspiration, because of the ways the pressures change in your thoracic cavity.
Reply 1921
Original post by Wangers
Do you think Membership exams are changing too, I heard the FRCA is no longer negatively marked, I hestitate to say easier because obviously I haven't sat any....
I wouldn't really know. I imagine that the old guard will tell you that they are easier.
Original post by digitalis
Or could just be a kid with viral croup.

Here is a good example of stridor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPCDB17ErA&feature=related

Damn :|

Wow, that's truly awful :frown:
Reply 1924
This **** really ****s me off. :evil:
Reply 1925

Brown trousers!
Original post by Renal

The further comments by that user piss me off more :p:
Original post by Renal

I think they've been told by this point.
Reply 1928
First time in theatre today :biggrin:
Original post by Lu-x
First time in theatre today :biggrin:

You have to wait until third year!?

What did you see? :biggrin:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Technically we have to wait til 4th year...
Reply 1931
The forum's getting it's windows licked tonight, I wonder what attracts these cretins to the internet.
heard a diastolic murmer right the other day, indecently exciting! In other news, I have tummy pain :frown:
Original post by Wangers
heard a diastolic murmer right the other day, indecently exciting! In other news, I have tummy pain :frown:

Lol I heard plenty, apparently, but I think I need to listen to a normal and then a diastolic murmur right after to be able to actually recognise what I was hearing. And boo about the tummy pain, but ooh, ooh, I'm about to start a gastro case unit, ask me in a week :biggrin:
Original post by Renal
The forum's getting it's windows licked tonight, I wonder what attracts these cretins to the internet.

Very nearly embedded my favourite music video in response to this, but on second thoughts it would probably get me banned.:cool:
Original post by Wangers

:console:

My foot is swollen. Lantana tripped over it an hour ago. I'm hoping it will go down with the ice on it. And then I rang my mummy up XD
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Very nearly embedded my favourite music video in response to this, but on second thoughts it would probably get me banned.:cool:

I listened to parkway drive for a bit after you posted. Not bad, but not as much win as Coheed and Cambria :p:

Then I listened to Florence and the Machine, followed by Jason Derulo, the Eurhythmics and finally Einaudi. My music taste is strange.
Reply 1937
Original post by Fission_Mailed
PM me?

Aphex twin?

Reply 1938
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

I'm sure if I really wanted to see surgery I could have done before, but yeah this is my first clinical placement :smile: Saw an ulnar nerve decompression, and then a hip replacement! Hopefully get to see some trauma surgery this week too!
The only surgery I've seen was the final hour or so of a CABG (no idea how long they actually are, I was scheduled to be with the anaesthetist, and he was in surgery so I was chivvied in). I was more interested in the enoximone and looking at the blood gas results :p:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending