The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, quick question here!

I got an offer for IT (at Medway, which i'm thankful for!) but would like to change it to Web Computing (Canterbury). Entry requirements seems to be similar, anyone know if this is possible from first hand experience?

perhaps someone specific i should e-mail?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 661
Original post by HayThereMardyBum
Hey guys, quick question here!

I got an offer for IT (at Medway, which i'm thankful for!) but would like to change it to Web Computing (Canterbury). Entry requirements seems to be similar, anyone know if this is possible from first hand experience?

perhaps someone specific i should e-mail?

try to email the admission: admissionsug@kent(dot)ac(dot)uk. I sent an email to the admission because i wanted to change to a course with a similar entry requirements, and they already replied asking for my confirmation. Now still waiting.
I've been thinking about getting a shared bathroom instead on an en-suite and i was just wondering if someone could tell me a little more about it?

How many people is it to a bathroom?
Do we clean them, or does someone else? And if someone else is cleaning them, how often do they do so?
Has anyone had problems sharing a bathroom?

Thanks!
Reply 663
Finally bit the bullet and firmed Kent today for Drama & Theatre Studies.
Original post by alfaromeo

Woo hoo, well done - applied for accommodation yet?
Original post by agnezmo
try to email the admission: admissionsug@kent(dot)ac(dot)uk. I sent an email to the admission because i wanted to change to a course with a similar entry requirements, and they already replied asking for my confirmation. Now still waiting.

Thanks for the info. I did what you said and hopefully they'll get back to me asap.. I heard accomodation is open already.. need to get this asap!
has everyone had a reply for law form kent!! coz i havent :frown: they r takinggg so longgg :frown::coma:
Reply 667
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Woo hoo, well done - applied for accommodation yet?

Yep. Parkwood flats.
Original post by ceejaycoco
has everyone had a reply for law form kent!! coz i havent :frown: they r takinggg so longgg :frown::coma:

Yeah, I had my interview in January - what are your grades if you dont mind me asking?
Just got a unconditional offer through from Kent for "Politics and International Relations".
Original post by asha_patel
I've been thinking about getting a shared bathroom instead on an en-suite and i was just wondering if someone could tell me a little more about it?

Do we clean them, or does someone else? And if someone else is cleaning them, how often do they do so?

Thanks!

Normally you share with five other people and I believe that the cleaners clean them, every week or so. I'm not entirely sure on this point though, I had an en suite and it got cleaned by the cleaners every week and the shower heads replaced every couple of months or so.
Original post by asha_patel

Thanks!

Where you applying for?

Colleges: You have 2 showers and a toilet between 7 or 8, and basins in your room.
Parkwood houses: 5 to a bathroom.
Darwin houses: not 100% sure but likely to be 2 bathrooms.

All are cleaned at least once or twice a week in shared areas. Students can clean them as and when they want too but there are cleaners :smile:
hey guys i applied to kent for law and on the ucas site it said they only need AAB but they gave me a conditional offer and on the letter it said they need me to get AAA for September.. you can see why am a bit baffled because i wanted to keep kent as my insurance because i was going to firm Leicester Uni for the same course but now i dont know wat to do since Kent raised their course grade requirements....Do you think its worth giving kent a call and asking them why they did it and ask if the could stick to what they had originally put on the ucas website:confused:
hey guys i applied to kent for law and on the ucas site it said they only need AAB but they gave me a conditional offer and on the letter it said they need me to get AAA for September.. you can see why am a bit baffled because i wanted to keep kent as my insurance because i was going to firm Leicester Uni for the same course but now i dont know wat to do since Kent raised their course grade requirements....Do you think its worth giving kent a call and asking them why they did it and ask if the could stick to what they had originally put on the ucas website:confused:

No, sorry. There's no point, they're highly unlikely to change your offer just because you were hoping to get what it said on UCAS, especially since I've found a lot of the entry requirements quoted on the UCAS website aren't in line with the universities actual requirements. And besides, even if that is what was advertised on the website/prospectus, they probably put the grades up because competition is so high this year (and every year for law courses actually) due to the fee hike next year. Don't you have any other offers you could choose as your insurance?
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Yeah, I had my interview in January - what are your grades if you dont mind me asking?

Predicted AAB.....but i got my reply 2day:biggrin: a conditional but they raised their grade requirements 4 the course :eek:
Original post by StefanieLouise
No, sorry. There's no point, they're highly unlikely to change your offer just because you were hoping to get what it said on UCAS, especially since I've found a lot of the entry requirements quoted on the UCAS website aren't in line with the universities actual requirements. And besides, even if that is what was advertised on the website/prospectus, they probably put the grades up because competition is so high this year (and every year for law courses actually) due to the fee hike next year. Don't you have any other offers you could choose as your insurance?

well i think i will probably choose Essex as my Insurance but am going to try and give Kent a call first just to see if they might change their mind :colone: . if not then probably i need to consider what i'm going to choose as my firm

The UCAS webpage is often wrong! For Psychology at Kent the grades were completely wrong. You could try calling the university and double checking, but to be honest i doubt that they've gotten it wrong!
Reply 677
Original post by alfaromeo

i'm gonna make it my firm for dram&theatre too. if i get the grades. (ha! good luck...)
Reply 678
Original post by krazyamy
i'm gonna make it my firm for dram&theatre too. if i get the grades. (ha! good luck...)

Good luck with the grades. Hopefully see you in September.
Predicted AAB.....but i got my reply 2day:biggrin: a conditional but they raised their grade requirements 4 the course :eek:

Nice nice :smile: you should be fine - raised their grade requirements? What law course did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending