The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by hm360
So I take it they've started processing decisions, looking at the buzz in this thread.

I was interviewed back in November, not heard back yet. Though looking at the stalking thread, only one other applicant on TSR who was interviewed the same day as me hasn't received an offer. My chances aren't looking too good.

Same ! Btw, wats ur UKCAT score ... ? ? I just cant bear the wait !
Reply 1521
Good luck rob! Hope you get it xx
Original post by Quackers93
*high-5- for 632.5* lol but look at it this way, if they're getting rid of low ukcat scores now, and you've not got anything, that can only be a good thing :smile: also you might've done better with your PS or in interview. Are you a scottish student? because if you've already got the grades that might help too :smile: hopefully if they're sending out rejections first you won't hear too soon! :smile:

yeah im scottish...gonna be bracing myself for tomorrow though regardless!
adgkjnbveuhnsfdc i hate all this waiting.
Reply 1523
Original post by SRK.
Same ! Btw, wats ur UKCAT score ... ? ? I just cant bear the wait !

I got 637.5 :s-smilie:
Original post by atomos

u think its gonna be tomorrow that most of us hear?
Original post by georgie91
u think its gonna be tomorrow that most of us hear?

nope but it looks like thats them starting to process them so think it'll be on a rolling basis from now on.

but if they're doing it in ukcat order maybe then if im rejected i could hear tomorrow
Original post by atomos
nope but it looks like thats them starting to process them so think it'll be on a rolling basis from now on.

but if they're doing it in ukcat order maybe then if im rejected i could hear tomorrow

oh its so scaryyyy...i'm going on holiday tomorro, if its an offer i'm happy to hear anytime but a rejection will just make me want to come home lol!
Reply 1527
people are putting way too much emphasis on the UKCAT, its only worth 15%!!!! Academics and interview are worth a lot more ... so people need to stop worrying about the UKCAT!
Original post by atomos

Just think, by the end of the month, it'll all be over, if not sooner :smile:
Reply 1529
Original post by ryan118244
people are putting way too much emphasis on the UKCAT, its only worth 15%!!!! Academics and interview are worth a lot more ... so people need to stop worrying about the UKCAT!

haha . yeah i guess so :redface: Do you think there gonna be giving rejections 1st then offers or are they gonna mix it up ??
Not really...interview is just 20% marginally more than the UKCAT at 15% and the joint personal statement/reference at also 15%

The way I see it generally speaking everyone will have similar academics so it will come down to the small things that differentiate them. So to me that is UKCAT score is a big deal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1531
Just think, by the end of the month, it'll all be over, if not sooner :smile:

Can I ask when you were interviewed ?

I wonder if it was our ukcats that lost us it cause i guess ours seem relatively low compared to quite a few I've seen :/ ah wells :smile:

Well I know my reference was really good and my academics are also more or less good. My personal statement is more of a subjective thing and then we just have the interview and the ukcat so I guess it was just those things combined.

are you going to write asking for feedback?
Hey guys, feeling very guilty for stalking this thread for months but never really posting on here. Genuine commiserations for those of you that have received rejections. Had my interview on the 9th of Feb, UKCAT 715 but I'm english and fluffed interview!
I check track and emails about 50 times a day no exaggeration, even like 2 am just in case!
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! It's in their hands now... :s-smilie:
Original post by McClareDNA
Hey guys, feeling very guilty for stalking this thread for months but never really posting on here. Genuine commiserations for those of you that have received rejections. Had my interview on the 9th of Feb, UKCAT 715 but I'm english and fluffed interview!
I check track and emails about 50 times a day no exaggeration, even like 2 am just in case!
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! It's in their hands now... :s-smilie:

Ha those were my words exactly when I came out the interview "I fluffed it!"

But I am trying to stay positive, as should you, being that it is only 20% of the ranking!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 1535
Original post by SRK.
haha . yeah i guess so :redface: Do you think there gonna be giving rejections 1st then offers or are they gonna mix it up ??

Looking at last year they gave out rejections and a few offers and then towards the end of march the majority of offers were made ... so im guessing mixed really :/

Original post by kellystewart
Not really...interview is just 20% marginally more than the UKCAT at 15% and the joint personal statement/reference at also 15%

The way I see it generally speaking everyone will have similar academics so it will come down to the small things that differentiate them. So to me that is UKCAT score is a big deal.

At the end of the day if you have great academics then you will have a much better chance (even though your UKCAT is lower) than someone like me ... i think everyones academics vary hugely, and tbh I think for you the UKCAT will be the smallest area.
The interview is going to be the biggest decider in some ways because everyone will perforim soo differently on it.
And from what i have seen on here the UKCAT scores vary from 630 to 690 for the majority ... theres not that much of a variance?!
Original post by SRK.
Can I ask when you were interviewed ?

Yes you can ask :smile: lol was interviewed on 3rd of March... so they turned that around pretty quickly only 11 days ago

Original post by areyousure?
Well I know my reference was really good and my academics are also more or less good. My personal statement is more of a subjective thing and then we just have the interview and the ukcat so I guess it was just those things combined.

are you going to write asking for feedback?

I'm exactly the same really. Yeh I am. Definatly want to know where I went wrong for next time I applied. On my ucas it just says generic there were strong applicants in a few more words but I want to know more :smile: are you?
Original post by ryan118244
Looking at last year they gave out rejections and a few offers and then towards the end of march the majority of offers were made ... so im guessing mixed really :/

At the end of the day if you have great academics then you will have a much better chance (even though your UKCAT is lower) than someone like me ... i think everyones academics vary hugely, and tbh I think for you the UKCAT will be the smallest area.
The interview is going to be the biggest decider in some ways because everyone will perforim soo differently on it.
And from what i have seen on here the UKCAT scores vary from 630 to 690 for the majority ... theres not that much of a variance?!

Hmm fair point BUT I don't see how academics can vary that much...but I am a mature student applying from an access course so the requirements are Distinctions in all modules, unless of course they take individual percentages into account too?

Who knows? lol we could sit here all night debating how they choose but really no one but the admissions team know....just nerve wracking huh?
I just want to thank god. My wait is over. Now i'll bust my ass to keep 3A's and work even harder! St. Andrews has given me a chance once more :")
Original post by dramaboyz2007
I just want to thank god. My wait is over. Now i'll bust my ass to keep 3A's and work even harder! St. Andrews has given me a chance once more :")

Well done :biggrin:

When were you interviewed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending