The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

I got rejected from Leeds this morning! Lol!
It's no biggie since I was just waiting to hear from them so that I could firm Exeter, but it's still funny that I would get into York and Exeter with A*AB (now A*AA) but be rejected from Leeds. Maybe they value personal statement/GCSEs more?

Congrats to everyone-else/good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 761
Original post by ollypocket
I got rejected from Leeds this morning! Lol!
It's no biggie since I was just waiting to hear from them so that I could firm Exeter, but it's still funny that I would get into York and Exeter with A*AB (now A*AA) but be rejected from Leeds. Maybe they value personal statement/GCSEs better?

Congrats to everyone-else!

That sucks! It's quite funny though how we got different responses from York and Leeds despite both having A*AB. I'm sure you'll be really happy at Exeter though :h: Are you officially firming it? Can I update you on the reapplicants thread? :biggrin:
Original post by Muffinz
That sucks! It's quite funny though how we got different responses from York and Leeds despite both having A*AB. I'm sure you'll be really happy at Exeter though :h: Are you officially firming it? Can I update you on the reapplicants thread? :biggrin:

I know right! It's very odd. I guess it shows that both our applications were strong, and that the different universities picked up on different things. I'm 95.1333% sure! See I emailed Leeds to be like "sooo now I have A*AA" just to see if anything changes, purely out of interest. Once they reply to that, I'll cancel the choice and firm Exeter.
Reply 763
i got two offers from leeds today! SO HAPPY! :biggrin:
Reply 764
Anyone going to the accommodation open day on the 26th?

I might go to it :biggrin:
Reply 765
Original post by Bella Occhi
Pretty unusual degree choice you have there! You might have a hard time finding anyone who's doing the same one as you :p: Five it for joint honours language courses though (French and Linguistics) :five:

Aye, it is a bit rare, but I love it :biggrin: Two years abroad :biggrin: :five: French and Linguistics is probably what I'd be going for if I hadn't seen the Japanese and Russian course-two languages from scratch? Brilliant! :biggrin:
Reply 766
Original post by Kimbliboo
Yeah got an email yesterday :smile:

Have you heard anything else?

Hi, i got two offers today from Leeds! one is my access to leeds offer!! just wanted to ask if you know whether u have to put leeds as ur firm before you do the access to leeds modules, or can u do them and then reply to the offer?
Original post by FinnC
Aye, it is a bit rare, but I love it :biggrin: Two years abroad :biggrin: :five: French and Linguistics is probably what I'd be going for if I hadn't seen the Japanese and Russian course-two languages from scratch? Brilliant! :biggrin:

:eek: Two separate years abroad!? Wow, that sounds amazing... and terrifying! Particularly as you have to learn two new alphabets from scratch as well - I have a lot of admiration for you right now :p:
Reply 768
Original post by FinnC

Wow this is amazing ! I'm planning on studying Russian next year :smile:. And two years abroad.... it will be so great! I cannot complain, (if I get into Leeds) I'll spend a year abroad as well!
But anyway, congratulations for your offer, and for your choice of degree it is courageous to start these two languages from scratch!

(sorry if I made any mistake, I'm French :-p)
Reply 769
Original post by lalala1
Hi, i got two offers today from Leeds! one is my access to leeds offer!! just wanted to ask if you know whether u have to put leeds as ur firm before you do the access to leeds modules, or can u do them and then reply to the offer?

Congrats on the offers! From the email I got:

I am unsure if I will make Leeds my firm choice, can I still participate?
Yes, you can choose to participate in the module now and withdraw later if you wish.

I haven’t yet replied to UCAS, can I still participate in the module?
Yes, but if you don’t make us your firm choice when replying to UCAS or if you are unsuccessful in receiving an offer you will be withdrawn from the scheme.
Reply 770
Original post by Kimbliboo
Congrats on the offers! From the email I got:

Thank you! and thanks for that! thats helped me because i was thinking that i wud have to reply straight away :smile:
Reply 771
Original post by Bella Occhi
:eek: Two separate years abroad!? Wow, that sounds amazing... and terrifying! Particularly as you have to learn two new alphabets from scratch as well - I have a lot of admiration for you right now :p:

Yeah, two years :biggrin: Second year in Japan, third year in Russia :biggrin: Although that might be affected by the aftermath of the earthquakes/tsunami, but I'm more bothered about the country/people recovering than having a year there (although it would be brilliant!) I'm going to be so nervous beforehand (and probably during) but I'm not likely to get another opportunity like this :biggrin: I learned how to write hiragana/katakana out of interest a couple of years ago, and the same for the Russian alphabet, so although I'm a bit rusty and'll have kanji to learn, I know I /can/ learn them at least :smile:

Original post by Ness55
Wow this is amazing ! I'm planning on studying Russian next year :smile:. And two years abroad.... it will be so great! I cannot complain, (if I get into Leeds) I'll spend a year abroad as well!
But anyway, congratulations for your offer, and for your choice of degree it is courageous to start these two languages from scratch!

(sorry if I made any mistake, I'm French :-p)

Yay, another Russian-er :biggrin: I'll hopefully see you around :biggrin: Do you have an offer from Leeds yet? (and I don't think you made any mistakes at all, your English is certainly much better than my French...although despite being English, I'm not that good at the grammar...)
Reply 772
Original post by FinnC
Yeah, two years :biggrin: Second year in Japan, third year in Russia :biggrin: Although that might be affected by the aftermath of the earthquakes/tsunami, but I'm more bothered about the country/people recovering than having a year there (although it would be brilliant!) I'm going to be so nervous beforehand (and probably during) but I'm not likely to get another opportunity like this :biggrin: I learned how to write hiragana/katakana out of interest a couple of years ago, and the same for the Russian alphabet, so although I'm a bit rusty and'll have kanji to learn, I know I /can/ learn them at least :smile:

Yay, another Russian-er :biggrin: I'll hopefully see you around :biggrin: Do you have an offer from Leeds yet? (and I don't think you made any mistakes at all, your English is certainly much better than my French...although despite being English, I'm not that good at the grammar...)

Actually what I meant was that I'm going to study it in my 'free time' :tongue:. I started it last year before coming to England and it was pretty hard (i was doing it by myself..),but interesting! So if I have time (and I hope I will!),I'll study it alongside my degree (i.e International relations and Spanish- that's why I said I'll have to spend a year abroad :smile:).
I like meeting people who love languages ! I had an offer for my course, AAB. What about you?
Hey guys :biggrin: I'm just wondering what it was about Leeds that made you apply for the uni/course you're doing?
I was looking again at the societies at Leeds and I think I'm going to join one to volunteer with children, it looks like a brilliant thing to do :biggrin:
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Hey guys :biggrin: I'm just wondering what it was about Leeds that made you apply for the uni/course you're doing?

When I visited the city seemed so clean and comfortable to live in. It has a historic appearance (not Edinburgh style) but with updated, modern facilities and the university is literally on the edge of the city centre. The campus is so big and a beaut also. It just felt right :wink:
I'm coming to leeds baby!
Original post by BrainPleasure
When I visited the city seemed so clean and comfortable to live in. It has a historic appearance (not Edinburgh style) but with updated, modern facilities and the university is literally on the edge of the city centre. The campus is so big and a beaut also. It just felt right :wink:

That's pretty much how I felt! I feel like Leeds is a suitable distance from home (2 hours enough so the parents won't want to visit often :wink:) the new facilities such as the gym and pool are fantastic as well as the amazing student union. Plus, the guys who gave the lecture on my course seemed so enthusiastic about it and were amazingly funny, unlike the complete sleep-inducers at other universities :biggrin:
Original post by FinnC
I've got an offer for Japanese and Russian B (both from scratch) at Leeds :biggrin: Pretty sure I'll be firming it. Anyone else applying for/have an offer for this? I've yet to find anyone on TSR...

Ive got an offer for Japanese and philosophy =)
Im also pretty sure ill be firming leeds as my first choice.
Cant wait to meet the people doing japanese :biggrin:
Reply 779
Any girls on here for mechanical/medical engineering?

Just worried lectures might be all dudes :tongue:

Latest