The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My 3 year old brother eating the crust on toast and wanting to throw the middle bit away :lolwut:
Reply 81
Original post by dnumberwang
It's probably 10 year olds who do that... although I might have said it at some point, because I really do think pretty much all vegetables I've tried taste rubbish, but only when raw. Most cooked veggies are fine

Ah, you'd think so, but the amount of nineteen, twenty and twenty-one year olds I know like this is quite scary!
Original post by jeh_jeh
I would actually just tell my boyfriend to man the hell up if he did that.

On a slightly related note, my boy hates cheese. I cannot for the life of me fathom how this is possible... especially for a member of the male species. :p:

He is an ex for a reason ha ha! My new boyfriend loves my cooking, nothing hotter than a guy with an appetite! :biggrin:

Another food crime I cannot abide is people throwing the yoghurt lid away WITHOUT licking the yoghurt off. There's like half the pot on that bad boy and I'm getting my monies worth.
Original post by MelissaJayne
He is an ex for a reason ha ha! My new boyfriend loves my cooking, nothing hotter than a guy with an appetite! :biggrin:

Another food crime I cannot abide is people throwing the yoghurt lid away WITHOUT licking the yoghurt off. There's like half the pot on that bad boy and I'm getting my monies worth.

And the youghurt on the lid is more creamy than in the pot :biggrin:
Reply 84
People that don't eat or throw away the green from the Cauliflower. It tastes so good!
or people who pick the nuts off the top of a cornetto.

OR

tipping away the milk left after the cereal is finished. Especially if it's chocolatey flavoured!
Reply 86
My cousin only used to eat the pizza crust :lolwut: never the actual pizza, she's changed her ways now but still :lolwut:

She also likes sugar on her eggs...weird taste buds :no:

On a related note, when you're eating dead animals on the bone you simply have to nibble it clean (less so on the ends of the bones but definitely in the middle), it's where all the best meat is
On a related note, when you're eating dead animals on the bone you simply have to nibble it clean (less so on the ends of the bones but definitely in the middle), it's where all the best meat is

respect.
Original post by TotoMimo
Another one I've experienced was just this past Christmas, and it wound me up really badly.

At Christmas, I received a box of Signature Selection Hotel Chocolat chocolates; now, these are pretty damned premium stuff

They are soooo nice. I got one of the little xmas themed slabs of chocolate. Deliberately left it in the fridge for a few weeks so parents would forget I had it so i could nom the whole thing myself.
Original post by tehforum
You've eaten too much of Hotel Chocolat, too regularly.

each christmas i have some as presents because if your given it you can't say no thanks. otherwise i just say no thanks. because you don't have to accept it. i wouldn't call once a year regularly. just not a fan of their stuff.
Reply 91
So one morning he was hungover, I made him bubble and squeak out of loads of leftover vegetables but I told him it was a chicken and cheese and egg mix. He ate it and said it was one of the best things he'd ever eaten. I told him what it really was. He ran to the toilet?

WTF.

I'm always running to the toilet when I'm hungover, nothing to do with food I've eaten :P
When people mash their Weetabix up with milk like a baby. It's especially bad if they put it in the microwave because the smell reminds me of my child minder doing that for the babies. It just makes me think they're eating baby food.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by ArtGoblin
When people mash their Weetabix up with milk like a baby. It's especially bad if they put it in the microwave because the smell remains me of my child minder doing that for the babies. It just makes me think they're eating baby food.

I'm with you there, the eating of Weetabix is a dynamic business though and one has only the narrowest of time-windows before that perfect level of crunch and soggyness is lost forever in the relentless tide of entropy.
Reply 94
Original post by silent
I'm with you there, the eating of Weetabix is a dynamic business though and one has only the narrowest of time-windows before that perfect level of crunch and soggyness is lost forever in the relentless tide of entropy.

Rep.

I have stated the term many times on TSR, but this is what I refer to as "Weetabix Ninja technique". It's the ability to gauge the perfect time of milk saturation to eating Weetabix; a timeframe so precise it requires exceptional reflexes for the perfect results.

Only masters can truly appreciate a Weetabix- everyone else has to endure either raw straw or soggy porridge in comparison.
Reply 95
Distribution of Ketchup on chips - if you order chips for takeaway (open), and apply the ketchup in the shop, the result is a top layer heavily saturated in ketchup, the next layer perhaps optimal, but the rest with little ketchup left for them.

Beans/peas - the temptaion can be to empty the pan onto the plate, which ends up flooding the plate with sauce/pea juice. Best to strain them.
Original post by joanna-eve
gonna have to try this now :colone:
I am known for my strange combinations, like satay sauce on chicken nuggets (anything to disguise the taste :L) and peanut butter on crumpets (well jam and crumpets go together, and so do jam and peanut butter..it was lush :biggrin: might try clotted cream too, on the basis that it goes in scones lol!)

YES! Peanut butter on crumpets IS fantastic :biggrin: finally someone else agrees with me, whenever I come back from the kitchen with two piping hot crumpets with that gorgeous spread everyone looks at the plate like i'm carrying the bubonic plague..
Reply 97
Original post by SmokeRose92
YES! Peanut butter on crumpets IS fantastic :biggrin: finally someone else agrees with me, whenever I come back from the kitchen with two piping hot crumpets with that gorgeous spread everyone looks at the plate like i'm carrying the bubonic plague..

peanut butter is a funny substance. It's one of those things that I like in principle but can never find a satifactory way of eating.

By the way, if you like peanut butter, you will LOVE this:
Reply 98
Being vegetarian
Going to a chinese and getting fried rice and/or sweet and sour chicken (like going to mcd's for a salad)
Getting a nice juicy meaty burger kebab and covering it with lettuce, tomatoes , cucumbers et cetera
Going to an indian for a korma

What do you mean by that? S+S chicken and fried rice isn't exactly healthy.
Original post by py0alb
peanut butter is a funny substance. It's one of those things that I like in principle but can never find a satifactory way of eating.

By the way, if you like peanut butter, you will LOVE this:

I eat peanut butter with all number of strange things; cheese, cucumber, pancakes, jam, marmite, chicken :tongue:

Oooh that looks intriguing, where can you get it from? I'm hoping not exclusively from the U.S. I've never seen it about here :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest