The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I wish they'd send things via e-mail... I'm in France and won't be able to get my mail until next week!! :angry:

Hope theres not a rejection waiting on my doormat!
Reply 1601
Original post by Med16793
Has anyone recieved any rejections by post yet because no one on here has mentioned being rejected recently from what i can remember? Hopefully they do reply soon because if i'm lucky enough to get an offer then i will need to book a flight/train ASAP and they are always soooo expensive with such late notice :frown:

If they were sent out last week, they may not have arrived yet, what with the snow (!) and everything :biggrin:
Reply 1602
Original post by Hatake42
If they were sent out last week, they may not have arrived yet, what with the snow (!) and everything :biggrin:

There's still snow? :eyebrow:

and really someone else should call to confirm this
Reply 1603
Original post by dmz
There's still snow? :eyebrow:

and really someone else should call to confirm this

Where I live (near Inverness), the weather's been horrible - it snowed literally all day Saturday! But it's gone now :smile:
Original post by dmz
Can someone else call? cos it sounds like i'm making this **** up :redface:

My most sincere sympathy, I told a fiend about this and now he thinks I'm a bull****er making things up! Lol, I wouldnt worry about it. I expected to come home from school and this thread alive with action and was ready to ring Glasgow.

Patience really is a virtue, but I'm not virtous!
Reply 1605
Original post by phill232
My most sincere sympathy, I told a fiend about this and now he thinks I'm a bull****er making things up! Lol, I wouldnt worry about it. I expected to come home from school and this thread alive with action and was ready to ring Glasgow.

Patience really is a virtue, but I'm not virtous!

:console: everyone probably thinks i am now as well, but the 14th didn't come from me initially though i did get told to call on the 14th after that so...
I ran home from lunch an had to run back all for nothing. I wish they would all say the same thing and do what they say, with that waiting a bit longer might be okay cos at least you know what's going on

Same here, sucks when you don't have a choice
Original post by dmz
:console: everyone probably thinks i am now as well, but the 14th didn't come from me initially though i did get told to call on the 14th after that so...
I ran home from lunch an had to run back all for nothing. I wish they would all say the same thing and do what they say, with that waiting a bit longer might be okay cos at least you know what's going on

I believe you, dmz. :yep:
Reply 1607
Original post by firestar101
I believe you, dmz. :yep:

Original post by dmz

Perhaps they're told to leak fake information to stop people getting too anxious, (which by the way hadn't worked)

Cardiff have told everyone since January ALL rejections are in the post yet Royal Mail must just be terrible because it's 2 months on and id rather hear any news than nothing.
Reply 1609
Perhaps they're told to leak fake information to stop people getting too anxious, (which by the way hadn't worked)

Cardiff have told everyone since January ALL rejections are in the post yet Royal Mail must just be terrible because it's 2 months on and id rather hear any news than nothing.

My friend who applied cardiff said they've been getting different information, the only thing definite is that interview ends you on wednesday and only the secretary knows what the hell's going on
Original post by trungo
Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh

how do you know that the open day is the 29th march? is that the open day for medicine applicants?
Reply 1611
Original post by dougmul51
how do you know that the open day is the 29th march? is that the open day for medicine applicants?

I think there are 4 actually :tongue:
Original post by dmz
My friend who applied cardiff said they've been getting different information, the only thing definite is that interview ends you on wednesday and only the secretary knows what the hell's going on

When's the last interview for Glasgow, (know this must have been asked thousands of times)
Original post by dmz
I think there are 4 actually :tongue:

is it four for any applicant for any course or 4 for just medicine? :O
Reply 1614
When's the last interview for Glasgow, (know this must have been asked thousands of times)

wednesday

Original post by dougmul51
is it four for any applicant for any course or 4 for just medicine? :O

I dont think they're specific to medicine
http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/applicantsvisit/
Original post by dmz
wednesday

I dont think they're specific to medicine
http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/applicantsvisit/

Well if they start giving out offers after that it could make or ruin my St Patricks day this year. Glasgow take note of this and please be sympathetic to an Irish person on their national holiday
Reply 1616
Long time lurker guys.

Just got a conditional offer on track.

Not trolling I promise!
Reply 1617
Just got a conditional for Glasgow :biggrin:. My interview was back in December. Got the email from track about 5 mins ago!

Good luck everyone!
**** **** ****, I GOT A CONDITIONAL. I'M ENGLISH, HAD AN INTERVIEW IN DECEMBER, THAT I WELL AND TRUELY MESSED UP, BUT IT WENT WELL ENOUGH!

i'm so happy i could cry.

theres hope for you all, i really hope you all get an offer on here, god knows the amount of time spent lurking in this forum, we all deserve it. i got my email at 11.18 tonight.
OFFER!!
Unconditional (re-applicant) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending