The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The Blind Monk
Are you genuinely dim or do you just not understand that there are different standards for different people? Get off your high horse. Small <60kg women are going to lift less than you and they're not going to press bodyweight. That does not take away from the fact that a 1.5x BW Squat is a very impressive thing for the average woman. Their bone structures are generally smaller and therefore weaker. It's kind of like in the same way very ecto people with thin bones/small joints are generally going to be weaker than their more mesomorphic brethren. Different standards apply to different people. There is not a single standard whereby weight x equals strength. And if there were, you are not anywhere close to it.

Don't worry, I accept (and enjoy) the fact that as a uber large male I can lift far greater poundages overhead than any women dare contemplate.
And more than most chaps to be fair also
Reply 41
Original post by U.S Lecce
Lol i love watching girls do weights:colone: for two reasons, some of them are quite hot and i can't help but admire beauty. The second reason is most girls have the worst weightlifting technique in the world. It's like their main objective is not to gain strength, but to cause serious back, joint and muscle strain.

Girls guide to deadlifting:

Arch back

Look at feet and not straight ahead

Only bend knees slightly

When lifting, lift from lower back

allow shoulders and arms to dangle

Make squealing noise when lifting

Take 5 minutes breaks between sets, to piss off the guy wanting to use it after you

Don't put weights back and clean up after yourself after you are finished

If you are able to preform your deadlift in the way the list suggests, you are bound to achieve the back ache and joint and muscle pain you so desire. And if you are lucky, that guy you left waiting to use the weight after you, may be juiced up enough to hit roid rage when he sees you have not cleared up after yourself and will give you a black eye as an added bonus. :ahee::biggrin:

lol at squealing girls
Reply 42
Original post by Powerlifter
Well, I can't really argue with that given the amount of times I have stated it.

Is that you in the pics?

What you benching?
Reply 43
Is that you in the pics?

What you benching?

In a power suit Matt benches over 500 lbs
Reply 44
Original post by SummerSofas
In a power suit Matt benches over 500 lbs

227kg! now this I need to see. He got any vids?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1476881

He's got vids here...

230kg bench which is over 500lbs...
Reply 46

501 lbs here (bare in mind that this is over 3 years old)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPgm4sgNf14&feature=related
Reply 47
501 lbs here (bare in mind that this is over 3 years old)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPgm4sgNf14&feature=related

:eek:
Reply 48
Original post by MHorman
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1476881

He's got vids here...

230kg bench which is over 500lbs...

:eek:
Don't worry, I accept (and enjoy) the fact that as a uber large male I can lift far greater poundages overhead than any women dare contemplate.
And more than most chaps to be fair also

Then are you not slightly embarrassed that my best Squat and Dead are equal to yours at 67kg? Get over yourself.
how much do you Overhead Press? 60 kg?

A lass is talking about legs and bum and you ask what her OHP is?

Man fail! Of epic proportions!
Reply 51
Original post by u4m1r
Mr. Fox, how much you lifting these days man?

PB 225kg squat (recent), 260kg deadlift (ages ago now, reckon I've got 600lb in me). Both just with a belt. Might post a new blog at some point.

Original post by ApplePi
What gym are you at? Loving the gathering of Surrey people on this thread :ninja:

I'm in Nottingham during term time, but Muscle Inc. (strongman gym in Haslemere) or Surrey Sports Park when I'm back home. Muscle Inc.'s a bit of a trek from Godalming though. I'll probably sign up to SSP full time when I'm done with my MA in August. Whereabouts do you train?
Reply 52
Impressed yes, but whether I like it.....

...no
Reply 53
I'm surprised it took this long for someone to post a pic of a female bodybuilder.

Strong =/= looking like a female bodybuilder.
Reply 54
Original post by Mr. Fox
PB 225kg squat (recent), 260kg deadlift (ages ago now, reckon I've got 600lb in me). Both just with a belt. Might post a new blog at some point.

I'm in Nottingham during term time, but Muscle Inc. (strongman gym in Haslemere) or Surrey Sports Park when I'm back home. Muscle Inc.'s a bit of a trek from Godalming though. I'll probably sign up to SSP full time when I'm done with my MA in August. Whereabouts do you train?

FUuuuuuuuu Strong! Still doing 5/3/1?
Reply 55
i squat 100kg ass to grass... with a 110kg deadlift?? is this impressive at all....19 years old i guess its because I've grown up strong.. i believe women need to stop being afraid of weights and start pushing themselves!!
Reply 56
i have a 100kg back squat and 110kg deadlift... 19 years old...just saying
Back in my old gym there were plenty of strong women 160kg deadlift @66kg being a highlight.
In my new gym there are barely any strong guys let alone women

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posting in a summersofas thread :yy:
I’m a 17 year old girl and 60kg and I can squat 100kg 10reps no joke, you just have to work up to it, I am a hockey player tbf

Latest