The Student Room Group

Average salary for recent graduates

Hi there..
I would like to ask if anyone knows which is approximately the annual average salary in UK in business sector for a recent postgraduate student from a top university.
Does it worth paying the money for an expensive master degree?
Thanks!!
Reply 1
Average graduate salary: £0 - because they are all unemployed.

In other words, it might be useful to list what profession you're looking at, what uni you went to, what course you do and how well you did.
I don't think that doing a masters increases your pay very much. It might increase you employability, but once you actually get a job i dont think there is a big difference in pay.

Ive heard the average salary for a graduate is about 20k, the average salary for a graduate program is about 25k, but it depends what you do, in banking it would be much more for example, and jobs in london tend to pay more.

Ive been offered a grad job, i dont want to post my salary on the forum but you can pm me if you want. Although i dont have a masters so its pretty useless info for you.
Reply 3
my grad job is 27k in london, start september
Reply 4
Original post by Callipygian
I don't think that doing a masters increases your pay very much. It might increase you employability, but once you actually get a job i dont think there is a big difference in pay.

I think this covers it. I've got an MA but I don't think it really played a role in me getting a job offer beyond getting past the initial application form stage. Once you've got your 2:1 it's more important to be able to demonstrate that you have at least some experience in the workplace.

As for starting salaries, from what I've seen they can range from around 18K to 25K with maybe a few extra thousand for those based in London.
Reply 5
Original post by Staker
my grad job is 27k in london, start september

If you don't mind me asking, what school did you graduate from?
You work in business sector?
Reply 6
As i have said before the quickest and most accurate way to find out is to check for simialr job on job boards.

There you will get the salary being paid, working hours and also conditions.
Reply 8
Thanks guys! As i have seen through the internet your salary varies according to the school you graduated from.
Is it true that LSE graduates have the highest starting salary in UK?
Reply 9
Original post by playwright
If you don't mind me asking, what school did you graduate from?
You work in business sector?

I went to Leeds, did history and will be doing finance (training ACA) for a public body
Reply 10
Original post by Staker
I went to Leeds, did history and will be doing finance (training ACA) for a public body

Nice one :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending