The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dominiqueblack
Thanks! :biggrin:
Yeah, but didn't get a good impression from it! :tongue: not too bothered, its my last choice I think. Thinking of just cancelling my choice :smile:
Where did you apply to?
You heard back? :smile:

What gave you a bad impression? I was interviewed and got an offer 6 days later!!!! Applied to Edinburgh and Aberdeen as well, and I've been rejected from Edinburgh and haven't heard a thing from Aberdeen
Reply 1661
Original post by lekky
Stop! Until you've got an unsuccessful on your UCAS I've not lost hope that I will be getting food/alcohol out of you. theres no good obsessing about it and second guessing decisions until you KNOW

lol true thanks. I actually cried like a bitch...and then announced it publicly, really hoped for Glasgow, more than happy being the 450th person if it means I'm in the accepted 450
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1662
Original post by G550NDH
Dont worry mate. Im sure they are sending out more. Fingers crossed for you !

Yea, hoping one more day wouldn't hurt i guess
Reply 1663
Thanks! :biggrin:
Yeah, but didn't get a good impression from it! :tongue: not too bothered, its my last choice I think. Thinking of just cancelling my choice :smile:
Where did you apply to?
You heard back? :smile:

It would be great of you if you could cancel your choice for St Andrew's if it is your last choice :smile: If you're not going to firm it or put it as your insurance then please, there are so many people desperate for a place! And by the looks of things you would definitely get an offer (I sound desperate because I am! :tongue:)
Original post by jcarberry1
What gave you a bad impression? I was interviewed and got an offer 6 days later!!!! Applied to Edinburgh and Aberdeen as well, and I've been rejected from Edinburgh and haven't heard a thing from Aberdeen

I'm not sure, just didn't get off to a good start with some questions and didn't get a good feeling about the interview. Aww well done! Must've been a good interview! :smile:
Ah well you've got glasgow! :tongue:
:rolleyes:
Original post by KCosmo
It would be great of you if you could cancel your choice for St Andrew's if it is your last choice :smile: If you're not going to firm it or put it as your insurance then please, there are so many people desperate for a place! And by the looks of things you would definitely get an offer (I sound desperate because I am! :tongue:)

I will! :smile: Don't want to lessen other people's chances!
Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 1666
:rolleyes:

I will! :smile: Don't want to lessen other people's chances!
Good luck! :biggrin:

You're a saint! :smile: Much + rep for you as soon as it lets me give more! :biggrin:
So who's definatly firming Glasgow & where are you from? Just curious :smile:
Original post by KCosmo
You're a saint! :smile: Much + rep for you as soon as it lets me give more! :biggrin:

haha no problem at all! there's no point keeping it if I'm definitely going to reject anyways if they give me an offer :smile:! Better to let someone else have a shot!
Original post by Lost Time

Me but its a conditional so might not get in! :tongue: I'm from a town just outside Glasgow :smile:!
you?
Original post by Lost Time

I will go to the open day and see the halls and everything... most probably will firm them. Love the wolfson building ! Im from West London
Reply 1671
Original post by G550NDH
I will go to the open day and see the halls and everything... most probably will firm them. Love the wolfson building ! Im from West London

im from west london too (sort of) :smile: i'm from uxbridge, dunno if you know it? where abouts are you from?
Original post by Med16793
im from west london too (sort of) :smile: i'm from uxbridge, dunno if you know it? where abouts are you from?

yeahh i know uxbridge really well... my secondary school was in Hayes.
Im from Hounslow mate !
Original post by G550NDH

When is the open day? I really want to go!
Just to see who else might be doing the course :smile:!
Reply 1674
Original post by G550NDH
yeahh i know uxbridge really well... my secondary school was in Hayes.
Im from Hounslow mate !

cool :biggrin: it wasn't harlington school was it? i lived in hayes until i was about 12 :smile:
Original post by Med16793
cool :biggrin: it wasn't harlington school was it? i lived in hayes until i was about 12 :smile:

Nah it wasn't Harlington. I went to Guru Nanak Sikh Secondary School. Its just as you go over the bridge past Southall Broadway. Next to the Goals.
Reply 1676
Found the applicants open day for those who have offers. Its the 29th March, Tuesday.

The link for it is here:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/opendays/applicantsvisit/

:smile:

It was 30th of march last year. I don't know the date this year
Reply 1678

check my post :smile:
Reply 1679
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O im shocked, I thought the interview wasnt so good :P

Im a reapplicant, I cant believe it!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending