The Student Room Group

Do you think there are people out there who will never find love,not by choice?

Keep anon/delete.

All in the title ladies and gents.

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Statistically, yes.
Reply 3
Original post by iamyourspiritfrombeyondth
Yes.

If I was a mod I'd be tempted to close this now.
Reply 4
Of course.
Reply 5
suppose it depends on who you are and what you do e.g. if you lock yourself in your house 24/7 and dont have any company then you will obviously not find love
Reply 6
Original post by alex_hk90
If I was a mod I'd be tempted to close this now.

why??
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
why??

Because the answer is so obvious. It's yes if there existed at least one person who never found love, not by choice (in the phrasing of the title). For it to be no there would have to never have existed a single person who never finds love, not by choice.
Reply 8
IF that person is male. Yes

Female, No. Turning down guys they don't find attractive or worthy would technically make it by choice.

The male on the otherhand there are plenty of guys out that that don't even have that high standards and still get turned down.
Reply 9
i think that if they really tried then they could find someone. Look at the worlds fattest man for example.. They can be held back by mental factors et al though
Reply 10
I was hoping for a "everyone will find someone...always".
Reply 11
Everyone who has normal mental faculties should be able to find someone if they look hard enough/ have no standards
:itsme:

:gah:
Yes, but only a tiny amount of people. Sometimes it is purely bad luck that they never find anyone, sometimes it is due to low self-esteem or other mental problems which, although technically partly a (not THE I must stress!) fault of the person in question, cannot really be called a 'choice'.
Reply 14
Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Yes, but only a tiny amount of people. Sometimes it is purely bad luck that they never find anyone, sometimes it is due to low self-esteem or other mental problems which, although technically partly a (not THE I must stress!) fault of the person in question, cannot really be called a 'choice'.

I'm gonna end up like this, I'm 21 and never been in a relationship. :eek:
Reply 15

Relax. The reason that phrase was invented was to calm people like you down. There isn't literally someone for everyone, but you can't go round obsessing about it. It comes to you when you least expect it and all that. Eg when you're being yourself instead of hitting on everything in sight or trying to be something you're not.
Reply 16
Yes and I think I will probably be one of them.

Well, I was 19, getting on for 20 when I met my first boyfriend (who, incidentally, I'm now married to :biggrin:) Before I met him though, I thought I was so ugly and generally socially inept that no-one would ever want to go out with me :frown: Interestingly though, now that I'm happily taken, I've had far, far more guys interested in me than I did before. I think it's partly because of my change of outlook; I've got greater self-esteem now and therefore I'm more confident in general. The sort of guys that would previously have judged me (wrongly, I might add!) as being boring without actually bothering to talk to me, pester me for my number on nights out.

Obviously part of attraction is physical - I'm not so naive I don't think that me losing some weight had anything to do with the rate of guys being interested in me shooting up - but it's undeniable that the way you come across as a person also plays a part. If you increase your self-esteem, you increase the likelihood of someone seeing past shyness and awkwardness and looking at the real you inside.
Yes, other people are too ambitious who spends most days at work or achieving their goal to think about LOVE tbh.
Reply 19
Inevitably yes. Some people, for one reason or another, just aren't loveable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending