The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Just got an unconditional too!!! 2nd time lucky :biggrin:
Reply 1681
Conditional :smile:
Why does it seem to be mostly English applicants getting into Glasgow and other Scottish medical schools. It seems to be getting more and more difficult for Scottish students to get in. They are only limited to 5 medical schools. There needs to be a serious look at this.
Reply 1683
sorry to wreck the mood but does anyone think there's a fair amount of offers left cos there's a lot on here.
oh god, please, please please please please give me an offer glasgow!!
Original post by dominiqueblack

Original post by dominiqueblack
6 As at Higher, UKCAT 722, and still in 6th year. Conditional from Glasgow!! BB at Advanced Higher and a C at Higher needed. I'm doing AH Chemistry and Bio and Higher Art. So fingers crossed!! :biggrin:
Got Unconditionals from Edinburgh and Dundee and waiting on St.Andrew's :smile:

ahh i got an unconditional for dundee too!!
Reply 1686
Original post by danman14
oh god, please, please please please please give me an offer glasgow!!

not heard either. Seriouly dishearted
Woke up with a conditional! Doing 3 AH so i've to get grades BCC in music, chemistry & bio!
I'd been meaning to withdraw tomorrow as well & firm edinburgh, lol! Funny timing :P

Good luck to people still waiting! My interview was, well, ****, so anyone can get an offer haha!
Reply 1688
Original post by MaccaPacca
Woke up with a conditional! Doing 3 AH so i've to get grades BCC in music, chemistry & bio!
I'd been meaning to withdraw tomorrow as well & firm edinburgh, lol! Funny timing :P

Good luck to people still waiting! My interview was, well, ****, so anyone can get an offer haha!

still gonna withdraw? :tongue: i thought mine went well but nothing, knew that would happen, lol
Original post by dmz
still gonna withdraw? :tongue: i thought mine went well but nothing, knew that would happen, lol

I think I am, Edinburgh's always been my first choice & I live in Glasgow so i want the chance to move away :P And my parents wouldn't buy me a flat haha!

I'm sure it went well, I think I was one of the first groups to be interviewed cause my UKCAT's kinda high so they might be processing from there down :tongue:

Good luck!
Reply 1690
Original post by MaccaPacca
I think I am, Edinburgh's always been my first choice & I live in Glasgow so i want the chance to move away :P And my parents wouldn't buy me a flat haha!

I'm sure it went well, I think I was one of the first groups to be interviewed cause my UKCAT's kinda high so they might be processing from there down :tongue:

Good luck!

Oh right, Sweet. I was one of the first as well, i don't think there's any pattern cos February people have offers :tongue:

thanks
Reply 1691
CONDITIONAL OFFER!! Need to get BCC. Mega pleased with that one as it's my first offer through and I've already had 2 rejections. Didn't get an email from ucas but just checked anyway after seeing all the offers on this thread. Good luck everyone else :smile:
Reply 1692
How the **** did I get an offer :woo:

My worst interview BY FAR...So dw people waiting, if you think you did alright, you will probably get an offer :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1693
Unconditional!!! I'm going to Glasgow!!!

Sneaky buggers updating so late after telling us yesterday we wouldn't hear for weeks.
Original post by AuldYin
Unconditional!!! I'm going to Glasgow!!!

Sneaky buggers updating so late after telling us yesterday we wouldn't hear for weeks.

:biggrin:

Oh God, I have nothing :frown:
Original post by Harbour Seal
:biggrin:

Oh God, I have nothing :frown:

Me too, keep positive or something like that
Original post by firestar101
Why does it seem to be mostly English applicants getting into Glasgow and other Scottish medical schools. It seems to be getting more and more difficult for Scottish students to get in. They are only limited to 5 medical schools. There needs to be a serious look at this.

Scottish students aren't limited to 5 medical schools, they could apply to English ones if they wanted to. Its just our Scottish Universities are good, so they're competitive. I'm Scottish, I applied to two English places two Scottish places, but Glasgow's where I wanna go! :smile:
Also some universities favour Scottish students in their selection process, eg Edinburgh, because scottish students have their grades from Highers in 5th year, English students only have predictions.
Anyone gonna make a facebook group for offer holders?
Woke up to a conditional offer, BCC in my advanced highers! My interview was only a week ago so I was really surprised! :biggrin:

Congratulations to those with offers so far, and don't give up to those who haven't heard yet!
Conditional AAB! WOOOOOOOO
I must've got my email really late last night guys so those without offers keep your fingers crossed, and congrats to those who've got in :biggrin:

e: What I mean is, i reckon they could email you at any time in regards to an offer :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending