The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who smokes joints every day?

Would you date someone who likes to smoke a joint or 2 every day in order to relax?

Scroll to see replies

Definatly. We could smoke together at night. Great way to bond.
Yeah, i'd smoke a little reefer with them! :smile:
No, because, for me personally, drugs overstep a line. I don't go around judging people for it, but I would never do it and could not have a relationship with a person who does.
Reply 4
nah
don't have a problem with it once in a while but you've got to get that **** sorted, no better than smoking cigarettes every day and i wouldn't date a smoker

don't have a problem with people smoking mind you, do what you want, who am i to stop you, but i certainly don't find it an attractive feature
Once a day would be fine, but if it's 'all day, every day,' i'm not sure how I'd feel about that. If they smoked 3-4 times a week, that would be completely fine in my eyes.
Reply 6
yeh course, id be blazing up with them :smile:
Reply 7
Absolutely not seeing as I myself don't smoke weed. I probably wouldn't date a regular smoker either, but I'd happily date a tee-total girl even though I drink.
Reply 8
nope.
Reply 9
Not everyday. Ive done my 'smoke weed everyday' period. It isnt that good when you do it all the time for months on end, trust. 2/3 times a week is cool but not every single day. It has an effect that most people dont really understand until they stop.
Everyday? No.
Reply 11
Yes
Reply 12
It depends a lot on what time in the day too. If it was every morning and they never got anything done then that'd be a bit **** but if it was every evening just to wind down before bed then that's a bit different. I'd be more happy with 1 or 2 times a week than every day, because that's much more like how much I'd get stoned personally if I could be bothered to find it and buy it.
Reply 13
No. My ex-boyfriend is like this.

I don't like drugs anyway and I think it's pathetic if you have to put a substance into your body in order to feel relaxed. That's like knocking back a couple of whiskies everyday!
Reply 14
as long as they shared :p:
Original post by Raving_Hippy
Would you date someone who likes to smoke a joint or 2 every day in order to relax?

No

And I -love- drugs including lots of harder drugs.

Addiction or Dependance are not something I'm attracted to.

Its exactly the same as someone who "needs" their hit of heroin or someone who cant sleep without getting drunk - it demonstrates a real problem in them
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
I already have before, and wouldn't again. He became practically dependent on weed and smoked it every day, spent all of his money on it and had to borrow money off of me for food (I was 17 and not working). Whenever I complained about it he'd just claim I was nagging :frown:

Needless to say, though it was hard at the time, I feel like I dodged a bullet with that breakup.
No, if they can't 'relax' without the use of drugs, then what kind of person are they! not the kind of person I'd like to 'relax' with!
I didn't think I would, didn't even think I'd date a smoker, but apparently I would considering my current bf smokes 1/2 a day but usually only in the evenings, and not enough to get him properly stoned. I don't really approve or disapprove - he's in 4th year uni and claims he'll stop when he's out in the "real world". I've laid down a line in that I won't let him walk down the street with me smoking one (didn't realise he was doing that till he had done a couple times) but apart from that I have no real problem with it - no more than I do with him smoking cigarettes. The smell's a bit irritating, but sort of getting used to it.

At the end of the day if you meet a person you really really like, them smoking or not isn't really going to affect things. It's not a deal-breaker
Reply 19
Sure, as long as she's a productive junkie (I do realise junkie doesn't apply to weed, can't think of a better word) =]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending