The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who finds many LGBT people to to highly annoying hypocritical?

Not just them, but also the people who blindly defend the LGBTs like they can do no wrong. Everybody goes bat**** crazy on any slight negative opinion against gays, but even the gays themselves seem to think it is OK to discriminate and attack people who they dislike just because of something slightly different about them. When will people learn to stop being so two-faced?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
An example of such "two-faced"ness?
Reply 2
Discrimination is wrong, whoever's doing it. A racist LGBT+ person is no less discriminatory just because they happen to be LGBT+.

However, heterosexual cisgender people who are just looking for any excuse to pick on LGBT+ people are still ****ers.
Reply 3
There are a few people who can be exceptionally annoying, but there are also plenty of straight people who are exceptionally annoying. I am also seeing a rise in "heterophobic" kind of gay men who detest people who are not gay, which is strange. But again, we know there are plenty of people who feel the same about gay people.

People need to just get along....
Reply 4
I know a straight girl, who got rejected by a guy. She feels bad enough, and then this bisexual girl starts bullying her and spreading rumours, saying it's disgusting for her to get with any guy. WTF? What a retard. If tables were turned and the straight girl was saying it's disgusting for the bi girl to get with a girl, everyone would be crying homophobia, would they not?
Surely it's down to the individual not who they sleep with that makes them annoying?!? Some gay people do wear it on their sleves - live and let live
Reply 6
It's the fact that they are gay, they should know better not to discriminate others when some of them happily do it themselves.
Reply 7
Gay people can be bitchy; not all of them, but many can be. Many gay people I have known have a tendency to criticise everything especially when it comes to class, and that might involve where you work, what clothes you buy, and even what kind of music you like. They can be just as prejudiced as the rest of us. Many gay men I have known only have one dimenisional points of conversation; they are often just like young girls and don't really care for deep conversation, but go for chit-chat instead, which usually often involves some bitchyness. Gay men and women can be cruel sometimes, but we all can be too.
Reply 8
Original post by Why!
I know a straight girl, who got rejected by a guy. She feels bad enough, and then this bisexual girl starts bullying her and spreading rumours, saying it's disgusting for her to get with any guy. WTF? What a retard. If tables were turned and the straight girl was saying it's disgusting for the bi girl to get with a girl, everyone would be crying homophobia, would they not?

How old are you?

Firstly, this is one person. She's not a spokesperson for the entire LGBT+ community and she doesn't represent everyone else's actions.

Secondly, no, they wouldn't be crying homophobia. Both actions and statements are wrong, but as you're presumably heterosexual and cisgender, I doubt you have much first-hand experience of what it's like not to be. If someone told a bisexual girl it was not ok for her to date a girl, it's highly likely that everyone around her would join in with saying 'eww, yes, that's disgusting' and 'lesbians can't have sex properly anyway' and 'you can only really love a boy if you're a girl' and the like. We don't exactly live in a very tolerant society, especially at school age. While what she's said is wrong, she's only saying to other people what they would probably have said to her.

Thirdly, considering that you sound like you're about 15, I really wouldn't be surprised if she's still working out her own sexuality. Maybe she has a hangup about men because she's mentally thinking 'well, I'm bi - or am I a lesbian, oh my God, how confusing - and anyway it would be easier if I hated men for a bit'. I doubt she has a coherent and fully-formed worldview yet; nobody does at 15. How she's acting is probably influenced by whatever's going on in her head. While that doesn't make it ok, it does explain it.
Reply 9
Original post by kerily
Discrimination is wrong, whoever's doing it. A racist LGBT+ person is no less discriminatory just because they happen to be LGBT+.

However, heterosexual cisgender people who are just looking for any excuse to pick on LGBT+ people are still ****ers.

What does the + stand for?
Reply 10
Original post by Bekaboo
What does the + stand for?

It's far from a universally-agreed symbol, but people who don't fit into L, G, B or T - so asexual, genderqueer, intersex etc people. :smile:
Reply 11
All people are hypocritical and should be equally condemned whenever they discriminate all over the place.
Original post by Why!

Its one person FFS.
You can't judge "most" LGBT people from one person.

Original post by Why!
It's the fact that they are gay, they should know better not to discriminate others when some of them happily do it themselves.

You can still get racist black people too you know.
And again, same as above, you cannot judge all LGBT people from what just one person has done.
Reply 13
Some people are just douches. This is something you have to learn to deal with in life.
**** off. The "one girl you know" is a bitch. Nothing to do with her being gay. This is a complete non-thread, and you are looking for an excuse to be homophobic.

"I know one black guy who called a white guy a honkey OMG BLACK PEOPLE CAN BE SOOOOO RACIST!!!!!11!!1!"
Reply 15
Original post by kerily
How old are you?

Firstly, this is one person. She's not a spokesperson for the entire LGBT+ community and she doesn't represent everyone else's actions.

Secondly, no, they wouldn't be crying homophobia. Both actions and statements are wrong, but as you're presumably heterosexual and cisgender, I doubt you have much first-hand experience of what it's like not to be. If someone told a bisexual girl it was not ok for her to date a girl, it's highly likely that everyone around her would join in with saying 'eww, yes, that's disgusting' and 'lesbians can't have sex properly anyway' and 'you can only really love a boy if you're a girl' and the like. We don't exactly live in a very tolerant society, especially at school age. While what she's said is wrong, she's only saying to other people what they would probably have said to her.

Thirdly, considering that you sound like you're about 15, I really wouldn't be surprised if she's still working out her own sexuality. Maybe she has a hangup about men because she's mentally thinking 'well, I'm bi - or am I a lesbian, oh my God, how confusing - and anyway it would be easier if I hated men for a bit'. I doubt she has a coherent and fully-formed worldview yet; nobody does at 15. How she's acting is probably influenced by whatever's going on in her head. While that doesn't make it ok, it does explain it.

THIS

One isolated incident of the actions of one particular douchebag in your life does not mean that from now on, you should assume that every LGBTQ person is hypocritical. Perhaps you should consider grouping these people as "ignorant mean people" rather than "those queers". Your argument of "they suffer from discrimination, so they must not dish it out" fails in the sense that you can say this for:
-old people
-coloured people
-females
-religious people of different faiths
Virtually every group suffers from some kind of discrimination. There are people out there who do bad things to hurt other's feelings - just because they have been hurt before does not mean they always learn from their own pain and then control their rather human impulse of hurting others in return.

Whatever anyone says, LGBTQ people are just as human as others - possessing the same human flaws. You see other people jumping to defend their own point of view with no perspective of others just as easily.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
**** off. The "one girl you know" is a bitch. Nothing to do with her being gay. This is a complete non-thread, and you are looking for an excuse to be homophobic.

"I know one black guy who called a white guy a honkey OMG BLACK PEOPLE CAN BE SOOOOO RACIST!!!!!11!!1!"

QFT.
Reply 17
Original post by Cartry
One isolated incident of the actions of one particular douchebag in your life does not mean that from now on, you should assume that every LGBTQ person is hypocritical. Perhaps you should consider grouping these people as "ignorant mean people" rather than "those queers". Your argument of "they suffer from discrimination, so they must not dish it out" fails in the sense that you can say this for:
-old people
-coloured people
-females
-religious people of different faiths
Virtually every group suffers from some kind of discrimination. There are people out there who do bad things to hurt other's feelings - just because they have been hurt before does not mean they always learn from their own pain and then control their rather human impulse of hurting others in return.

Whatever anyone says, LGBTQ people are just as human as others - possessing the same human flaws. You see other people jumping to defend their own point of view with no perspective of others just as easily.

:love: You put in a 'Q' on the end of LGBT and everything. Marry me now please.

But yes. This, a thousand times this.
Reply 18
Yep, there are queer idiots, just like there are non-queer idiots. Guess you've just been unlucky with the ones you've met. Sorry.

Original post by kerily

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
The only LGBT person that I've ever seen to be like that is Perez Hilton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending