The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by e hine e
I love her singing!! I was just talking about that 'pretending' note in On My Own. I was trying to learn it myself lol

Ohhh okay haha - forgive me, I'm a litttttle slow!

I have no idea how some people physically hit those high notes. Mercedes/Kurt/Rachel...the mind boggles.
Ohmigish, they've added a new date to the Glee tour and it's right after my exams! They have two tickets and they're £50 ish each... where is my mum with her debit card when I need her??
Original post by diamonddust

Ohmigish, they've added a new date to the Glee tour and it's right after my exams! They have two tickets and they're £50 ish each... where is my mum with her debit card when I need her??

Where is this at?
Original post by lozz2601

Ohhh okay haha - forgive me, I'm a litttttle slow!

I have no idea how some people physically hit those high notes. Mercedes/Kurt/Rachel...the mind boggles.

Haha, no worries. I love Rachel, she reminds me of myself...a little too much. I know I can't belt to save my life, when I reach the high notes I go into some sort of opera voice :s-smilie: worrying...
I love her singing!! I was just talking about that 'pretending' note in On My Own. I was trying to learn it myself lol

I really wish I liked On My Own! It's been destroyed for me over and over again so I just can't take the song seriously anymore. You either get people overacting it, or just singing it prettily and not acting at all and it's so overdone now so it just has no meaning or emotion for me anymore. The last time I saw it sang with any meaning was Samantha Bark's performance at the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert. And Lea Salonga at the 10th anniversary concert. :sad: Apart from those two performances?

Where is this at?

Livenation. I NEED those tickets dammit!
Haha, no worries. I love Rachel, she reminds me of myself...a little too much. I know I can't belt to save my life, when I reach the high notes I go into some sort of opera voice :s-smilie: worrying...

I used to be able to belt. I haven't sang properly for years and I really miss it! I still sort of can, I just don't do it very often because I haven't actually had any training and the last time I legitimately tried to belt (Astonishing from Little Woman, if you care to know!) I couldn't breathe properly for like half an hour afterwards. :tongue:
Probably because I'm pretty sure I'm higher than a mezzo soprano but lower than a legit soprano which means I'm basically in a vocal no-man's land! I've been begging my mum since I was about 5 for classical singing lessons- I have two aims in life: to be in ONE Sondheim musical and to be a quarter as vocally amazing as Audra McDonald! :love:

I really wish I liked On My Own! It's been destroyed for me over and over again so I just can't take the song seriously anymore. You either get people overacting it, or just singing it prettily and not acting at all and it's so overdone now so it just has no meaning or emotion for me anymore. The last time I saw it sang with any meaning was Samantha Bark's performance at the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert. And Lea Salonga at the 10th anniversary concert. :sad: Apart from those two performances?

Livenation. I NEED those tickets dammit!

I used to be able to belt. I haven't sang properly for years and I really miss it! I still sort of can, I just don't do it very often because I haven't actually had any training and the last time I legitimately tried to belt (Astonishing from Little Woman, if you care to know!) I couldn't breathe properly for like half an hour afterwards. :tongue:
Probably because I'm pretty sure I'm higher than a mezzo soprano but lower than a legit soprano which means I'm basically in a vocal no-man's land! I've been begging my mum since I was about 5 for classical singing lessons- I have two aims in life: to be in ONE Sondheim musical and to be a quarter as vocally amazing as Audra McDonald! :love:

I'm about the same-I have a weird 'breaking point' in my voice...I can sing musical theatre low, then classical/classical crossover high and I can reach the soprano notes but most songs seem to make use of the point in my voice where the 2 don't meet :s-smilie: I watched Lea Salonga's version earlier today on my much played les mis dvd. She's the best I've ever seen at that song. I gave up with that though and have now gone back to singing songs from Glee, I seem to suit Kurt's songs more so Le Jazz Hot is once again vibrating around my house.
BICO is awesome on TV! Like they sound SO much better! Squwwww!

BICO is awesome on TV! Like they sound SO much better! Squwwww!

I'm having to wait to watch it as my mum has the stupid one born every minute on. We really need more TVs in this house. On the plus side I've discovered more Chris Colfer interviews on youtube :woo: gotta find a way to pass the time...

*desperate for BICO*
yay! It was good :love:

not much plot development in the Christmas one though...

Spoiler

spoiler clip for next US ep:

Spoiler

I agree with you here...there has been much better episodes than this. Can't wait to see the Superbowl and Silly love songs episodes again (after watching them online). I think they've definitely been 2 of the best episodes this series and I'm slightly obsessed with "Need you now". I'm pretty much in love with Puck :biggrin:

Haven't watched episode 15 - "sexy" yet, but I'm guessing its quite good? :smile:

Has anyone else heard that someone supposedly dies/is killed off at regionals?? :eek:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ScottishShortiex

yay! It was good :love:

Spoiler

Spoiler

This might be the cutest thing I've ever seen...

CC has a doppelganger!

CC has a doppelganger!

They did such a good job with that casting, he's a proper mini-Chris!
They did such a good job with that casting, he's a proper mini-Chris!

He really is! They could be twins! Albeit, twins seperated by about 13 years? :tongue:

I had a Glee dream this morning! My alarm went off but I sort of fell back asleep and went back into it. I can't really remember it but it involved regionals, a henious key change and me dancing and singing as a member of the Warblers! :tongue:
REGIONALS BAAAABY!

Spoiler

REGIONALS BAAAABY!

Spoiler

I keep grinning whenever I think of Glee, I was grinning all through the episode last night. Pretty sure my mum thinks I've tipped over the edge.

He really is! They could be twins! Albeit, twins seperated by about 13 years? :tongue:

I had a Glee dream this morning! My alarm went off but I sort of fell back asleep and went back into it. I can't really remember it but it involved regionals, a henious key change and me dancing and singing as a member of the Warblers! :tongue:

:rofl: I also had a Glee dream! I was falling in and out of sleep this morning and was drifting in and out of it. I just remember being in the Glee rehearsal room, no sign of the Warblers unfortunately.

I then fell back to sleep and didn't get up until about midday. All I thought when I woke up was 'at least I'm closer to Glee'. I need help.

CC has a doppelganger!

That is precious!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending