The Student Room Group

Sex - question to girls

How do you feel after sleeping with a guy in a r/ship. Is it special? Or just standard.

Every girl I have been with has had a string of exes they have slept with, so as a result it is very hard for me to take any girl seriously when I just feel like the next guy in their life. So in the case with my current, it seems as though even though we connect and get a long well, at the back of mind I am thinking to myself:

"how long will this last?"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
stop being so pessimistic!

Just because they've slept with lots of people doesnt necessarily mean that it might not last with you.
I'm still a virgin aged 21. I've had offers for sex but have declined them each time. I want my first time to be with someone I love, not someone I've just met in a club.

This is the stance I take on how I want all my sexual encounters to be, so for me, sex would be special, regardless of how many I've been wth before. Having said that, I'm not the kind of girl who would sleep around so I wouldn't want to have slept with many people.
Reply 3
don't think like that, everybody has a past. she's chosen to be with you, focus on that rather than how long it will last.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
How do you feel after sleeping with a guy in a r/ship. Is it special? Or just standard.

Every girl I have been with has had a string of exes they have slept with, so as a result it is very hard for me to take any girl seriously when I just feel like the next guy in their life. So in the case with my current, it seems as though even though we connect and get a long well, at the back of mind I am thinking to myself:

Everyone's got a past, get over it.

And sex is sex, it's not the be all and end all of a relationship. Stop giving a damn about how 'special' it is and actually enjoy it. Far better way of making your relationship last than worrying about how long it'll last.

:smile:
Reply 5
Special, for me.
I've only slept with one guy. he cheated on me :frown:
Just watch, every girl in this thread will defend the notion of multiple partners and one night stands, but will go home and proceed to bitch with their friends about how another girl they know is a slut for getting with some guy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh and I agree with everyone above on their opinions :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Just watch, every girl in this thread will defend the notion of multiple partners and one night stands, but will proceed to go home and bitch with their friends about how another girl they know is a slut for getting with some guy.

Don't be cynical :wink: mildly true though.
Everyones a hypocrite.
I think sex should be special:-D wouldn't think much of a girl who has been with loads of guys, though if they were in relationships at the time it would be fine. Just because those relationships failed doesn't mean yours will. if she had a successful relationship before you she wouldn't be with you. haha!

It only has to work once:-D but yes sex (and everything) is better when you love someone
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Just watch, every girl in this thread will defend the notion of multiple partners and one night stands, but will proceed to go home and bitch with their friends about how another girl they know is a slut for getting with some guy.

What makes you think that every girl will defend it?!

I don't agree with multiple partners or one night stands at all. I've been in a relationship with the same man for just over 5 years now and he's the only person I have ever had sex with.
I've been with a girl who had had LOTS of previous sexual partners, and I didn't mind at all but she had some big problem with it, insisting that I did in fact mind, and constantly making excuses and apologies for it.
I couldn't think of any plainer way of saying that it was fine and I didn't care, so in the end she just drove me away I suppose, with her mental paranoia.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous

I understand very well how it feels, it is awful :s-smilie:. There was a thread yesterday about "How many people have you slept with". I was surprised to see girls at the age of 19 saying they had 7 to 12 sexual partners.
For the ones who say "the past doesn't matter, she is with you now". That's absolute ********. Of course it matters, I wouldn't want my girl to be the village bike. Just one more guy on her list, one more number and the next please :rolleyes:. No thanks. I wouldn't date such a girl from the beginning :cool:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Wow, so many people love looking down from their high horses on these kind of threads. Well done, you have slept with one person and would never ever ever sleep with another one ever because that would be SLAGGY :O.
Girls make it no easier for themselves when they are continuously condemning girls who have had a few one night stands...I see at as no big deal at all. Obviously relationship sex is (mostly) better, but we haven't all been in 5 year long relationships having met 'the one'..in the real world, one night stands happen, i'm afraid.
And the guys preaching about how they wouldn't ever touch a girl who had slept with more than one person (gasp), how would you determine that they are a so called 'slag' without getting to know them and asking them? And if you got to know them and they were perfectly nice and relationship material, would you then stop seeing them because they had slept with 5+ people or whatever..I think not.
I couldn't only have sex with people I love because I think I'd have to have sex before I fell in love with them. I've only slept with a couple of guys, though, and never been in love.
Well...I've not slept with a enormous number of men, but I will say this:

ONS are definitely different to sex in a relationship. a ONS is more carnal...it's generally, to my personal philosophy (though only done it twice), just about the sex.

the feeling of being 'another notch on the bedpost' is not a nice feeling, but i don't think the amount of people someone has slept with should make you feel this. it's how they act towards you - i don't want to be treated like another notch, unless i'm on the same playing field. if something is a relationship, then i want to feel, and i want my partner to feel, that regardless of how many people we've both previously slept with, the only person we want to sleep with right now, and for the foreseeable future, is with each other.

To me, that's the difference.
Reply 16
it's just sex. you don't have to be madly in love with every person you sleep with. if she's in a relationship with you though you're obviously special to her for some reason and not just the "next guy"
Original post by Elf.
Special, for me.
I've only slept with one guy. he cheated on me :frown:

:hugs:
Original post by Samz
don't think like that, everybody has a past. she's chosen to be with you, focus on that rather than how long it will last.

This.
Reply 19
Original post by Dubs_ski
:hugs:

Thankyou stranger :smile: :hug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending