The Student Room Group

Need help chucking gf!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silverbolt
Hold on hold on hold ON - Everybody screwing at this guy.

Ok granted hes written it out in a completely douchebag kind of way but his view is completely valid.

If a woman came on here and said "i want kids he doesnt" there would be dozens of people going "dump him hes not worth it"
. THe OP wants to have children but his gf cant have them. She cant comprimise on this and he shouldnt be expected to stay with her when he has wants and needs she cant fulfill. The desire to have children is very strong in many people not just women. This can be a total deal breaker in relationships He is not being heartless - his timing is awful however.

Why are you ending it though OP? Will you not consider adopting or a surrogate? There are already children in the world that need a father. Remember being a dad is not about shooting your load in a woman, any idiot can do that, it is raising a child that makes a parent not who got the girl knocked up.

Umm... it's more similar to a woman coming on here and saying "I want kids, he wants kids too, but he can't provide them using the method of my choice".

At least compare like for like.
Reply 21
Catapults are cheap on ebay atm
Reply 22
Original post by Pink Bullets
Umm... it's more similar to a woman coming on here and saying "I want kids, he wants kids too, but he can't provide them using the method of my choice".

At least compare like for like.

When its like that its exactly the same...
I would also say that there are other ways...
Original post by Deggerz
When its like that its exactly the same...
I would also say that there are other ways...

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's not similar to a woman saying "I want kids and he doesn't" since BOTH people in this couple wants kids and it would be possible for them to have them.
Original post by insignificant
People on here are so stupid.. To those saying that try can't have children so he apparently has every right to leave. There may still be a chance for her to conceive, the idiot can't remember the name of the condition so we won't be able to know. Even if it isn't functioning, her eggs can be used , his sperm, another woman's womb... SURROGACY. or there's adoption, fostering, allsorts. But I really wish she could read this thread and dump him, he doesnt deserve to have children , they would grow up with a selfish father.

Surrogacy leads to all sorts of long-term complications. It's not like you get a third party female to 'help out' and able to cut her off after she's done her work. Adoption, not your own blood. Same with fostering. Everyone is selfish to a degree.
Reply 25
I definitely think you should get the hell out of there quick.

After all, she'd be much better off without a pig like you. :wink:
Your girlfriend has just found out that she can't have kids, and yet you need the internet's advice on dumping her?

3/10
Hit the gym
Reply 28
It's not you that needs help in dumping people, it's her.
You might have got some better replies if you hadn't described it as 'chucking her' because of her womb :hmmm:
But yeah, surrogate? Instead of just ended it, you could try at least looking into other options and talking to HER about how you feel.
Reply 30
OP, don't bother having kids. In a few decades you'll be making a post like:

"My son doesn't want to apply to Oxbridge, how do I chuck him?"
Reply 31
Original post by James4d
OP, don't bother having kids. In a few decades you'll be making a post like:

"My son doesn't want to apply to Oxbridge, how do I chuck him?"

This message is by far the best posted on this topic
Reply 32
[and your a ****in 65 year old nonce who works in tesco wtf do u know hey hey hey :angry:
Give her the link to this post
Reply 34
Remember being a dad is not about shooting your load in a woman, any idiot can do that, it is raising a child that makes a parent not who got the girl knocked up.

WOW....This is my new sig!
OP you are heartless. You say you're in a committed relationship with this girl and have been trying to concieve for a baby, planning a future together?
And yet when she receives heartbreaking news by any standard for women who want children, that her womb will probably be unable to play host to a child, and your first though is *dump her* ?

If you even cared the slightest about your partner, you would be thinking about ways to help her through this difficult time, she must be hurting. Obviously you want children and that's great, and you shouldn't be denied them, but there are so many other options. Modern medicine is so advanced and she could even become pregnant naturally.
By the way your post is worded, it doesn't seem you care about who you have children with, just that you get them, this is no way to start a family.
If you have any shred of decency, remember your partner and how she must be feeling, if you love and care for her, then that should be enough to stay with her. It isn't a difference of opinions here between you and her, think about how awful she must feel that she can't give you what you want/need, and console her.
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous
Not a fully functioning womb as in low chance of conceiving, or zero chance of conceiving?

Easy to say just adopt a child but s/he won't be your own bloodline. I'm sure many males do mind if they place a heavy emphasis on wanting a proper family.

Are you defining a proper family as your own offspring, because I think family implies the bond between the parents and the children. But hey, everyone's intitled to their own opinion :smile:

And sorry for kinda sounding like the guy in the 3rd matrix. :cool:
Troll...Troll...Troll...
Troll...Troll...Troll...:tongue:
Reply 38
Hold on hold on hold ON - Everybody screwing at this guy.

Ok granted hes written it out in a completely douchebag kind of way but his view is completely valid.

If a woman came on here and said "i want kids he doesnt" there would be dozens of people going "dump him hes not worth it". THe OP wants to have children but his gf cant have them. She cant comprimise on this and he shouldnt be expected to stay with her when he has wants and needs she cant fulfill. The desire to have children is very strong in many people not just women. This can be a total deal breaker in relationships He is not being heartless - his timing is awful however.

It's completely different. If a girl were to come on and say 'My boyfriend can't get me pregnant, should I dump him?' the reaction would be different to someone who says 'my boyfriend does not want to get me pregnant.

Douche.
Reply 39
Original post by Elf.
Agreed:

Then you are as simple minded as 'silverbot'

Quick Reply