[BUSS3] AQA Business Unit 3 anyone? [Friday 10th of June 2011]

Hey Hey,
I'm retaking this exam.
Was just wondering if anyone else is taking/retaking it. :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am, geting my paper back too, hopefully itl be here next week :smile:
Reply 2
yh im retaking it as well. just wondering what tio do differently to get a better grade.
I got an 'A' first time round, but the grade boundries seemed kind. 46/80 for an 'A', 51/80 for an 'A*'. My teacher ordered my paper back and the bulk of my marks were for 'application' and 'evaluation'.

What did ya'll get?

My teacher isn't allowing anyone to retake unit three, ( I wasn't going to anyway), but he says it's a tricky paper and told us to retake unit one and two if we want to bump up our grade.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Bektas
I got an 'A' first time round, but the grade boundries seemed kind. 46/80 for an 'A', 51/80 for an 'A*'. My teacher ordered my paper back and the bulk of my marks were for 'application' and 'evaluation'.

What did ya'll get?

My teacher isn't allowing anyone to retake unit three, ( I wasn't going to anyway), but he says it's a tricky paper and told us to retake unit one and two if we want to bump up our grade.

Got a C hence the reason in getting my paper back im on a A overall from AS btw. well done on the A
Reply 5
I'm on my gap year (pre planned as I decided to study Business at uni instead of CS), I missed out on my A grade last summer by 4UMS.

I got a C in Unit 3. So am retaking it to get my A.

Other than that I got A at AS (BUSS1 & BUSS2) and a B on BUSS4. So just need my 4 UMS haha. :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Kaddara
yh im retaking it as well. just wondering what tio do differently to get a better grade.

At my college they bought these epic Tutor2U powerpoint presentations.

They were really informative and I just annotated them and highlighted key stuff and it got me my A's at AS and my B (few marks from an A) at A2.

I also did past papers, not loads of them but a few so get used to the writing style. :h:
Reply 7
I am! I need to start revising as i'm doing BUSS2 & BUSS4 as well. Thanks for the tip about tutor2u presentations!
Reply 8
I am. Got As on Units 1 and 2 but C on this one. I just don't think my writing style's right anymore. Anyone got any tips? How'd everyone find it?
I'm retaking unit 3, I really don't know how to go about revising this unit again. :s-smilie: Theory wise Im good but I just need to improve on my time management. Ahh well, good luck guys ! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Nayberay
I'm on my gap year (pre planned as I decided to study Business at uni instead of CS), I missed out on my A grade last summer by 4UMS.

I got a C in Unit 3. So am retaking it to get my A.

Other than that I got A at AS (BUSS1 & BUSS2) and a B on BUSS4. So just need my 4 UMS haha. :h:

is buss 4 easy compared to buss 3?
I ordered a script of my exam, ordered to remark it and will re-sit it along with Buss1 n Buss4 :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by gchaggar75
is buss 4 easy compared to buss 3?

Hmm its easy if you are good at research and linking the research to the question in context if that makes sense.

I found BUSS4 easy because we had an easy topic 'recession', the only reason I didn't do better was because of my lack of research and revision on leadership.

Me personally.. BUSS3 is a challenge because of CPA, I absolutely hate it.

Your theme for BUSS4 is different though now?

In essence BUSS4 is chilled, its mainly a synoptic exam so just bring in all the knowledge you can applied to well sourced research and you'll be fine. :h:
Reply 13
buss 4 research theme this year is corporate social responsibility
Reply 14
Cool beans, i'm gonna get on with my BUSS3 revision soon, just waiting for my powerpoints to come. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Nayberay
Cool beans, i'm gonna get on with my BUSS3 revision soon, just waiting for my powerpoints to come. :smile:

what were the buss 2011 jan q's and marks avaialble?
Reply 16
do u study on ur own?
Reply 17
what were the buss 2011 jan q's and marks avaialble?

Not too sure, gonna get my college to hook me up with the 2011 paper.

do u study on ur own?

Self study yuhuh.
Reply 18
I'm doing Buss3 again, along with Buss2 and Buss4. need 77 UMS marks to get the B I need for uni!

anybody got any ideas when non-priority scripts are meant to get back? I ordered mine weeks ago!
Reply 19
Itz gonna be my first time doin BUSS3, not sure what to expect :-S
Can anyone remember any questions from BUSS3 Jan 2011 exam or have the document they can post?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending