The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Looking at some fellow graduates getting rejections, and others with UKCAT scores similar to mine getting rejected, then an e-mail pops up from UKCAT, before I log in I have told myself it's a St. Andrews rejection.........

.....Unsuccessful from Aberdeen, tell me something I didn't know, this is truly unbearable.

Sorry to hear about those that have had rejections so far in these past two days, and congratulations to those with offers.
Well I just got a rejection about 10 minutes ago today.

Absolutely heartbroken, I don't know what to say, the interview went well I thought, I must of been up against stiffer graduate competition, it only took them 6 days after my interview to rejection!!! WTF.

So sorry to hear that :frown: From meeting you, I could so imagine you a good doctor if that's any consolation... hope you hear good news from your other choice.
Got allocated the Manchester campus even if I put Scotland :P Must have had a lot of Scotland choices..
Well done on your offer! :biggrin: When I went to my interview, it seemed practically everyone had put down Scotland for clinicals... hopefully I'll count for me that I put Manchester :smile:
Reply 1562
Original post by lola1993

Well done on your offer! :biggrin: When I went to my interview, it seemed practically everyone had put down Scotland for clinicals... hopefully I'll count for me that I put Manchester :smile:

Hopefully! :biggrin:
Original post by ryan118244
Wahheyy well done!
When were you interviewed?

2nd March :P

Interesting fact: Manchester people have to pay for their 4th year. NHS covers the 5th and 6th year and SAAS would cover my 1-3. Emailing the admissions to find out whether I would pay 3k or whatever they're proposing to raise it to later as our degree would start 2011 which is before the fee rise.
Original post by Chivalry

Interesting fact: Manchester people have to pay for their 4th year. NHS covers the 5th and 6th year and SAAS would cover my 1-3. Emailing the admissions to find out whether I would pay 3k or whatever they're proposing to raise it to later as our degree would start 2011 which is before the fee rise.

**** sake. :colonhash:

I put down Scotland, but I may want to go down to Manchester. Fees. Eurgh.

Well done on the offer though :teeth:
Reply 1564
Original post by spacepirate-James
**** sake. :colonhash:

I put down Scotland, but I may want to go down to Manchester. Fees. Eurgh.

Well done on the offer though :teeth:

Indeed. Its not particularly well presented either. Had to dig through at least 3 microsites to find the PDF with the fee schedule. I think they just allocate based on pleasing the biggest number of choices. I seem to have lost out on that one :P It's not a deal breaker ofc. Manchester's great by all accounts its just not one I've investigated a lot.
Sorry to hear ... especially as you have been waiting for a while.
Have you heard from every where else?

yeah, all except aberdeen, but i think i can just presume thats a rejection at this stage
Reply 1566
Original post by baztech

Absolutely heartbroken, I don't know what to say, the interview went well I thought, I must of been up against stiffer graduate competition, it only took them 6 days after my interview to rejection!!! WTF.

:frown:

Is it the usual email address to demand feedback???

Original post by rachel6286
Rejection, received track update email at 1505

Original post by atomos
rejection.
fml gap year it is...

Just got rejected aswell, that's me gubbed apart from Aberdeen, who haven't given me an interview so that's it pretty much over :frown: Gap year I guess then, and a lot of cramming for advanced higher chemistry! :frown: :frown:
THIS IS PURE BAWS!
Reply 1567
Original post by KCosmo
Just got rejected aswell, that's me gubbed apart from Aberdeen, who haven't given me an interview so that's it pretty much over :frown: Gap year I guess then, and a lot of cramming for advanced higher chemistry! :frown: :frown:
THIS IS PURE BAWS!

Gap years ain't so bad :P Pretty awesome really. Fact is, most people don't get in to medicine first go and an extra year certainly helps with regards to having your grades and being able to work for a year (if you can find a job that is..) and take a year out.
Mine was awesome :P

Just don't tank your exams and you'll be good. I mean my adv higher results were adv higher chem and bio As and Adv H English B :P I have two unconditional offers from Dundee and St Andrews thus far having been busy with my gap year. Certainly doable.
Reply 1568
Original post by KCosmo
THIS IS PURE BAWS!

OH my goodness, 4 rejections on this thread in 1 day??? they must be sweeping through a huge amount :s-smilie:.

Really sorry everyone who's been rejected so far :frown:. I just need to hold my breath now.
Really sorry everyone who's been rejected so far . I just need to hold my breath now.
Same... I have been refreshing my hotmail every two minutes.. it's getting quite pathethic now :tongue:
Seems like mostly rejections are coming out atm :frown:
Reply 1570
Original post by lola1993
Same... I have been refreshing my hotmail every two minutes.. it's getting quite pathethic now :tongue:
Seems like mostly rejections are coming out atm :frown:

It seems like its only graduates and reapplicants who already have the grades are getting offers/rejections, maybe they want us first timers to suffer for longer :P
Reply 1571
Hopefully! :biggrin:

2nd March :P

Really??? Does that apply for English applicants?? How come manc is the only ones where the NHS pays for 5th and 6th year???
Reply 1572
Original post by atomos
where did you apply last year out of interest? were st andrews and dundee two of your choices last year? just wanting to see if they accept reapplicants :redface:

Its in my signature

Last year was Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and St Andrews

So glasgow and st andrews definitely accept reapplicants as far as i know since both of them gave me interviews even if Glasgow hasn't replied yet (Guessing they will in the next few hours/days).

Most places do accept reapplicants. They'd be silly not to :P They likely won't accept resit applicants though depending on their policy which is a different matter.
Reply 1573
Really??? Does that apply for English applicants?? How come manc is the only ones where the NHS pays for 5th and 6th year???

http://medicine.st-andrews.ac.uk/documents/FeesAndLoans2006.pdf

Have a look for yourself. :P
Reply 1574

I wonder if that applys just to the St Andrews Manchester course?!?
Reply 1575
I wonder if that applys just to the St Andrews Manchester course?!?

no idea. Can't find anything similar on other university's websites. Doesn't matter for me as the other universities i applied to are scottish and I wouldn't pay for the fees anyway.
Gap years ain't so bad :P Pretty awesome really. Fact is, most people don't get in to medicine first go and an extra year certainly helps with regards to having your grades and being able to work for a year (if you can find a job that is..) and take a year out.
Mine was awesome :P

Just don't tank your exams and you'll be good. I mean my adv higher results were adv higher chem and bio As and Adv H English B :P I have two unconditional offers from Dundee and St Andrews thus far having been busy with my gap year. Certainly doable.

Congrats! What were your highers like? :smile:
Reply 1577
Original post by coffeeloverr
Congrats! What were your highers like? :smile:

Just to keep everything together
Int 2s: 8 As
Highers: As in Bio, Chem, English, Maths and Computing
Adv H: As in Bio and Chem, B in English.

and thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1578
Starting to feel the pressure. Hope I get an offer - only got St Andrews left :adore:
Sorry to hear about all those rejections, I hope everything goes well from now on :biggrin:

Original post by baztech

:frown:

Is it the usual email address to demand feedback???

Hey, so sorry to hear about your rejection. I got rejected yesterday too. I also thought my interview went well but...

Apparently you have to ask for feedback via ordinary mail by the way.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending