The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who smokes joints every day?

Scroll to see replies

Probably not. But then I would never date someone that smokes cigarettes anyway.
Reply 61
I wouldn't like it, but it depends on the personality too.
I wouldn't mind it every now and again, so long as they shared.
Reply 62
I feel like a lot of posts here are conflating two issues.

Are you stating that you wouldn't date someone because of the fact that they smoke marijuana?

Or are you infact stating that you believe it is very likely that someone who smokes X amount of marijuana, at Y regularity is likely to have personality defect Z, and you don't want to date someone with personality defect Z?

Answering yes to first question would be quite strange.
hmmm im about to have a shower, then Im gonna get into bed and roll myself a nice phat uk cheese spliff...

this particular strain has already blessed my room with it's powerful blue cheese aroma....it was in the baggie, inside an old camera carry case that zips and velcros, and then placed in my desk drawer...yet my mum still came upstairs thinking I was smoking in my room....

yes this **** is THAT strong!

with regards to OP, I would only go out with them if they smoked high grade, nothing more annoying than people that continue to pick up/encourage spray/grit weed....

but if she was picking up the cheeses, amnezia hazes and cour diezels, on a regular basis, i'd probably respect her more for it (as would my friends! )
Original post by Anabolicminds
you're such a damn bounty

How's that? Because I love wine? Do you have to be a specific colour now to enjoy wine? What do you want me to say I like? Fried chicken and Supermalt?
Stupid man and stupid stereotypes.
Reply 65
Original post by Raving_Hippy
Would you date someone who likes to smoke a joint or 2 every day in order to relax?

Are we talking about the equivalent of wine with dinner or vomiting on the table?
Original post by Eveiebaby
How's that? Because I love wine? Do you have to be a specific colour now to enjoy wine? What do you want me to say I like? Fried chicken and Supermalt?
Stupid man and stupid stereotypes.

wtf is supermalt? :confused:

BTW, do you happen to have any black stereotyped traits?

I've found that alot of black women at University like to distance themselves from afro carribean culture, which is the complete oppsite of the black girls at home. I've always found this interesting.
Original post by Planar
Are we talking about the equivalent of wine with dinner or vomiting on the table?

lol, if you still puke after smoking weed (you're allowed to when you mix it in with alcohol, coz that can always **** you up), you're obviously a noob. :cool:

I stopped pulling whiteys when I was 15....
Never ever again, no.
Reply 69
Original post by freakingout!
lol, if you still puke after smoking weed (you're allowed to when you mix it in with alcohol, coz that can always **** you up), you're obviously a noob. :cool:

I stopped pulling whiteys when I was 15....

You haven't quite grasped the analogy... I mean smoking the amount of weed which would make one as incapacitated as one would have to drink in order to vomit.
wtf is supermalt? :confused:

BTW, do you happen to have any black stereotyped traits?

I've found that alot of black women at University like to distance themselves from afro carribean culture, which is the complete oppsite of the black girls at home. I've always found this interesting.

The only thing I can say that I like that is stereotypically black (in an african american sense) is that I like watermelon. Oh and I like reggaeton music, but that's more latino rather than "black". It's pretty ghetto though.

"Ghetto" stereotypes are more to do with class more than colour. Ask your general chav what sort of things he/she likes to eat and the music they like to listen to and more often than not they'll like hip hip and rnb and have a preference for fast food. White, black, asian or whatever. It just happens that there are less affluent black people who may be into black things, but just not the tacky contemporary ghetto culture that stereotypes us.

I like house/techno/electronic music and I like hip-hop influenced house as well as funk and soul, but I wouldnt be caught dead listening to all that crap urban pop that is around at the moment. It just hurts my ears.

Yeah. I'm not suprised that the black girls at uni distance themselves from the stereotypical "black" culture. I do; I find that it's quite cheesy and embarrassing.
(edited 13 years ago)
My ex smoked weed, In fact she'd smoke more than me, We spent our whole relationship stoned. Pfftttt.... Still a girl who blazes a joint with you is a girl to keep, **** the rest of them.
Original post by Planar
You haven't quite grasped the analogy... I mean smoking the amount of weed which would make one as incapacitated as one would have to drink in order to vomit.

Bit of a crap anaology, as it's pretty much impossible, since alcohol can kill you if you have tons and tons, whereas cannabis makes you feel sleepy and not the least bit sick. (it's actually used to treat nausea in countries that have legalised its medicinal use).
X

Supermalt is that carbonated drink that comes in small dark glass bottles made from cereal extracts. It smells like cereal and tastes a bit like sweet malty non-alcoholic beer. I'm not really used to drinking it personally but I guess there's a market for it!
Reply 74
I do, and it doesn't bother me, except that we sometimes run out of money.
Reply 75
No, been through too much with an ex involving that and it's just not worth it.
The only thing I can say that I like that are stereotypically black (in an african american sense) is that I like watermelon. Oh and I like reggaeton music, but that's more latino rather than "black". It's pretty ghetto though.

"Ghetto" stereotypes are more to do with class more than colour. As kyour general chav what sort of things he/she likes to eat and the music they like to listen to and more often than not they'll like hip hip and rnb and have a preference for fast food. White, black, asian or whatever. It just happens that there are less affluent black people who may be into black things, but just not the tacky contemporary ghetto culture that stereotypes us.

I like house/techno/electronic music and I like hip-hop influenced house as well as funk and soul, but I wouldnt be caught dead listening to all that crap urban pop that is around at the moment. It just hurts my ears.

Yeah. I'm not suprised that the black girls at uni distance themselves from the stereotypical "black" culture. I do; I find that it's quite cheesy and embarrassing.

That's ironic, because im sure PLENTY of people find black girls that intentionally try to distance themselves from black culture as cheesy and embarassing also. Not sure why, but when I see a black girl out, with all white friends, and she professes how much she hates hip hop (and basically anything black) loves techno/house, I kind of have to cringe.

It's like their trying too hard.... :s-smilie:

I don't mean to offend you in anyway, but I definatly think that alot of black people feel they have to distance themselves away from their own culture/roots, in order to be successful in the western world/in an economic way. I think this is why you get so many black people like this at Uni.

It's a shame, as I *think* it indicates a subliminal sense of inferiority of ones culture; It's not just "I don't like hip hop", it's as if these black people have to declare that they "ABSOLUTLEY HATE IT AND THINK IT IS VILE", in order to gain some sort of credibility among their white peers. It's as if they are ashamed of their black brothers and sisters who do like the music.

Do you sometimes feel that you are slightly "above" other black pople, because they are interested in "steretypical black thinges" and you are not? (be honest!) If you do, you are 100% discriminating against your own race and illustrates a bit of self hate. I think this is why people may view you as a coconut. Not because you have white interests, but because you socially dismiss your black bretherens, in terms of validity/competency etc. Yet you will never qustion white behaviour as "cheesy".

Like I said to the girl in the "im pretending to be a rah" thread; this type of behaviour actually keeps one at an inferior position in society.

Meh, who cares, im not even black, but certainly very interesting. Shows the after effects of slavery, inequality etc are still lingering.

I feel for black people sometimes, i really do. especially black women that are trying to be successful.

best of luck anyway sweetheart!
Supermalt is that carbonated drink that comes in small dark glass bottles made from cereal extracts. It smells like cereal and tastes a bit like sweet malty non-alcoholic beer. I'm not really used to drinking it personally but I guess there's a market for it!

Cereal Extracts? :eek:

I can honestly say I have Never ever, heard of this.

Do they sell this in the supermarkets? I kinda want to give it a try!

Is it similar to kool-ad in America? (I beleive that's water and sugar mixed together, and is used frequantly due to it being quite cheap?)
......!

Never said I dislike hip hop. I said I hate contemporary urban pop music. And I think you'll find that black people were the original makers of house and techno via frankie knuckles and derrick may. I also said I liked funk and soul which are by definition "black music" genres. I wouldnt distance myself from my interpretation of black culture, but I do find contemporary urban music and the stereotypes surrounding it to be incredibly tacky and classless (I personally don't like them)and it can perpetrate negative prejudices within the non-black community. I just think people should like what they like. I don't pretend to be a spokesperson for black women and I don't want you to expect me to take on that massive role.

I'm not pretending to be a rah, I'm from a middle class black mixed family. I do feel quite insulted that you feel the need for me to pigeonhole myself and you think I should be ashamed of myself for my tastes. I like what I like........I hate what I hate for reasons that make sense to me.

Also, if you think that being black means to like hip hop you are mistaken. A lot of African countries have their own country music which is much more "rootsy" than hip hop. Hip hop is just american.
(edited 13 years ago)
Cereal Extracts? :eek:

I can honestly say I have Never ever, heard of this.

Do they sell this in the supermarkets? I kinda want to give it a try!

Is it similar to kool-ad in America? (I beleive that's water and sugar mixed together, and is used frequantly due to it being quite cheap?)

No its a fermented drink product. They do sell it in some supermarkets depending on whether there is a marked ethnic minority presence within your community. The Africans love it. My ex loved it. It has a more complex taste than a typical soft drink. It tastes like sweet, malty non-alcoholic beer, but it isnt extremely sweet like kool aid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending