The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SRK.
Sorry to hear that ... Can I ask when you found out ? And possibly what your UKCAT score is ... I am trying to figure out a pattern - if any :confused: - in order to see what my chances will be like !

UKCAT was 2570 got email saying Track update at about 3pm ish.

I am pretty sure it was my interview...it was shockingly bad.
Original post by georgie91
really sorry to hear about your rejection :frown: hope u do get an offer from somewhere else this year though!!!! What time did you find out?

Unfortunately not...money is tight so moving further afield was not an option. Rejected at Glasgow as did not make the 2610 UKCAT cut off *sigh*

As I mentioned I applied as an Access Student with 92% overall and an HNC Biosciences which I got an A in.

Plenty work experience too....plus interview was bad :frown:
Reply 1602
Original post by atomos
no problem -
23rd feb interviewed,
8 1s Standard grade
AAAAB Higher (A - maths english german chemistry, B - physics)
Studying Adv Chem, Physics, German this year and Higher Biology
UKCAT - 2530

other:
Work exp in gp + three different depts of hospital, volunteer at nursing home + barnardos and various other stuff like helping at brownies, member of youth theatre group, help out weekly at primary school, young enterprise, yearbook committee, prefect bla bla :tongue:

WOW ! After all that ! Clearly there missing out on you ... How did you think your interview was ?
Reply 1603
Original post by kellystewart
UKCAT was 2570 got email saying Track update at about 3pm ish.

I am pretty sure it was my interview...it was shockingly bad.

Hmmm .. .ive got the same UKCAT ! ! EEEK ... In what way was your interview "shockingly bad " ... it cant be too bad .. just the usual nerves probably ?
Unfortunately not...money is tight so moving further afield was not an option. Rejected at Glasgow as did not make the 2610 UKCAT cut off *sigh*

As I mentioned I applied as an Access Student with 92% overall and an HNC Biosciences which I got an A in.

Plenty work experience too....plus interview was bad :frown:

ah no i thought u said your interview went well! are u going to reapply next year again? Don't ever give up!!
Original post by laurenl93
Right i have a question, my interview is on friday and they've already started handing out rejections, im confused how they can do this if they havent already saw the rest of the people who have yet to have their interview? does that mean that when i get there ive got a bigger chance of getting an offer if there's been a lot of rejections or something? :/

I've got an interview on friday too and was getting a bit confused aswell. What time are you?
I got my interview in november. Is it a bad thing that i have not heard anything?
Original post by georgie91
ah no i thought u said your interview went well! are u going to reapply next year again? Don't ever give up!!

Yeah I'll be applying again next year just not sure what to do in between....a year and a half to kill. Obviously, try and get more experience etc but just seems like such a long wait. I wanted to go to St Andrews so bad...typical.

And to who asked about my interview...it was bad. I interview really well...USUALLY ha. I worked in recruitment for a year so I know how to interview and be interviewed if that makes sense. But my nerves, usually steadfast may I add, failed me. I panicked and blanked on simple questions. I wasn't asked anything difficult at all yet I spent 4 weeks covering difficult/ethical/moral dilemmas lol to not be asked any of it! Argh
Reply 1608
Original post by Kissmyasthma99
I got my interview in november. Is it a bad thing that i have not heard anything?

same ! I was also wondering the same thing ... can I ask what your stats are ?
Reply 1609
Yeah I'll be applying again next year just not sure what to do in between....a year and a half to kill. Obviously, try and get more experience etc but just seems like such a long wait. I wanted to go to St Andrews so bad...typical.

And to who asked about my interview...it was bad. I interview really well...USUALLY ha. I worked in recruitment for a year so I know how to interview and be interviewed if that makes sense. But my nerves, usually steadfast may I add, failed me. I panicked and blanked on simple questions. I wasn't asked anything difficult at all yet I spent 4 weeks covering difficult/ethical/moral dilemmas lol to not be asked any of it! Argh

That would be me :smile: ! Next year round , you will, as you will already have your grades .. more work exp. , better UKCAT .. and better interview !!

Good Luck ! !

Original post by SRK.
same ! I was also wondering the same thing ... can I ask what your stats are ?

5As higher UKCAT 655. Not great UKCAT so im worried.
Is anyone else finding that they are checking their emails ridiculously regularly?
Is anyone else finding that they are checking their emails ridiculously regularly?

im honestly a self-confessed serial ucas tracker....and as for emails, hotmail is my new best friend haha we r inseparable!
Reply 1613

Also interviewed in November. I don't know what to think - many others interviewed on the same day have received offers, in fact judging by the stalking page nearly all November interviewees received offers, but official word is still that most offers don't come until March.

Time can only tell.
Original post by lola1993
So sorry to hear that :frown: From meeting you, I could so imagine you a good doctor if that's any consolation... hope you hear good news from your other choice.

Thanks nice of you to say that. I don't know what to do. Already spend best part of 2 years in limbo after my degree. I want to reapply but feel so empty right now I just want to sleep for weeks! (I am not holding my breath for Aberdeen sadly :frown: )

Original post by areyousure?
Sorry to hear about all those rejections, I hope everything goes well from now on :biggrin:

Hey, so sorry to hear about your rejection. I got rejected yesterday too. I also thought my interview went well but...

Apparently you have to ask for feedback via ordinary mail by the way.

They were pretty fast with us huh! "Ordinary mail, do you mean the medadmiss@ email address?

And yes KCosmo this is pure boabby. (Where you fae? :tongue:)
Original post by baztech
Thanks nice of you to say that. I don't know what to do. Already spend best part of 2 years in limbo after my degree. I want to reapply but feel so empty right now I just want to sleep for weeks! (I am not holding my breath for Aberdeen sadly :frown: )

They were pretty fast with us huh! "Ordinary mail, do you mean the medadmiss@ email address?

And yes KCosmo this is pure boabby. (Where you fae? :tongue:)

Ordinary mail = snail mail

I asked about feedback when I left and Alice said request it through letter, you'd then get a generic reply which you have to right back again to request detailed feedback.

:smile:
Ordinary mail = snail mail

I asked about feedback when I left and Alice said request it through letter, you'd then get a generic reply which you have to right back again to request detailed feedback.

:smile:

Geezo, really? Just to rub it in!
Original post by baztech
Geezo, really? Just to rub it in!

I know lol. I think they hope you don't ask for it as I guess it is a LOT of work providing feedback for possibly 500+ applicants
Does anyone know how many people applied to st andrews and how many people were interviewed and how many offers are given out?
Reply 1619
offer!! AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending