The Student Room Group

Perfectionist Pains

I'm what some people refer to as a 'perfectionist' unfortunately. Everything has to go my way or else I get really angry at myself. Even though I know I have my own talents which many people are envious of, I still cannot help but want to be better at every aspect of my life. I know that this is an irrational and self-deprecating mindset to have, but I really cannot help it.

Is there any way, apart from having a more positive mental attitude, that I can overcome my inability to be pleased with anything I do? It really annoys me that I focus on my weaknesses rather than my strengths, because I know that when I should be happy with how something has turned out, I never am - when anyone else given the same circumstances would be overjoyed. Unfortunately, people telling me how great I am does not help, it is really a problem with myself.

This may reek of self righteousness, pretentious or pomposity, but I just can't explain these feelings in any other way.
Reply 1
hahahahaha, they wouldn't let me post my comment. it's funny, cause I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. luvin da skype chat. keep it real bro.
Reply 2
i just realised how sad it is that we're having a conversation on the student room. eff my life.
Reply 3
Original post by ruanaidh
hahahahaha, they wouldn't let me post my comment. it's funny, cause I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. luvin da skype chat. keep it real bro.

i just realised how sad it is that we're having a conversation on the student room. eff my life.

A de-anoning in progress. Please proceed, I've never seen one of these before.
Reply 4
Original post by Liam 09

i don't know if i'm just being really stupid in not understanding, but i actually don't understand what you mean? it's late, i'm tired, i'm sorry. :smile:
i don't know if i'm just being really stupid in not understanding, but i actually don't understand what you mean? it's late, i'm tired, i'm sorry. :smile:

Go on chatroulette and educate some horse cocks.
Reply 6
Original post by Liam 09

OH, i get you. naaah, i tried to de-anon him. but they wouldn't let me. it's quite unfortunate really, he wouldn't even care. why did you go anon anyway?

YUSSS, BREAKING THE BOUNDARIES OF TSR. CLOSEST I'VE BEEN TO FEELING LIKE CHE GUEVARA.
Reply 7
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Go on chatroulette and educate some horse cocks.

hahaha, i love you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending