Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Rejection :frown:
Original post by phill232
Rejection :frown:

you have an offer, so it is ok.
Original post by Happy Insomniac
Me too. :frown:

Are you a graduate? Was Glasgow your only hope?
me three.

graduate, Glasgow was the only interview I felt okay about :frown:
Looks like tonight is the night for the unlucky ones.

Rejection. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Congratulations to all those that get in. I hope you all become wonderful Doctors, and I wish you all the best :smile:.
Reply 1925
also out. Life never goes to plan eh?
Reply 1926
think i was the first to find out. Stomach churns then you feel nothing, lol.
Original post by Harbour Seal
Officially rejected from Glasgow. Oh well, I'm out.

pls don't give up with uni
Me too. :frown:

Likewise, good luck with your other ones
Original post by dmz

pls don't give up with uni

Likewise, good luck with your other ones

are you really upset? What is your plan now?
Original post by dmz

So sorry, mate. :frown: What are you going to do now, do you think? Another shot next year, or a different direction?

Original post by firestar101
Are you a graduate? Was Glasgow your only hope?

Yeah, I'm a grad. I still have the Warwick selection centre next week. Though I was on the waiting list and only got the invite today, so I haven't done any prep. :s-smilie:
Original post by dmz
also out. Life never goes to plan eh?

really sorry mate :frown: me too
Reply 1930
3rd rejection. Not holding out much hope for Aberdeen, considering I couldn't even answer "Why do you want to be a doctor?"
Good luck to those who haven't heard yet :smile:
all i know is that providing I get AAA and 670+ ukcat, I will definitely re-apply to Glasgow next year.

so admissions if you are reading this..expect to see me very soon :smile:

EDIT: URGHHH UKCAT! I'm going to have to go through that nightmare AGAIN!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1932
are you really upset? What is your plan now?

strangely moodless
So sorry, mate. :frown: What are you going to do now, do you think? Another shot next year, or a different direction?

Yeah, I'm a grad. I still have the Warwick selection centre next week. Though I was on the waiting list and only got the invite today, so I haven't done any prep. :s-smilie:

not sure, grade's not good enough to try again, erm something between FA, suicide, full time criminal, dunno, defo going to uni this yr, might try postgrad i don't know. Think I'm about to go thru several emotions, not sure which to start with. Lol, but it sucks how I've helped people in college who all got in, tho it's been my dream since i was 8. Not to say i deserve it but you know, it's one of those things you know you're genuinely born to be. Shows life doesn't go to plan. I came out of the interview literally smiling. Yea think I'll start with pity, lol. Mental state is so ****ed
Reply 1933
Rejected by Glasgow
Original post by dmz
not sure, grade's not good enough to try again, erm something between FA, suicide, full time criminal, dunno, defo going to uni this yr, might try postgrad i don't know. Think I'm about to go thru several emotions, not sure which to start with. Lol, but it sucks how I've helped people in college who all got in, tho it's been my dream since i was 8. Not to say i deserve it but you know, it's one of those things you know you're genuinely born to be. Shows life doesn't go to plan. I came out of the interview literally smiling. Yea think I'll start with pity, lol. Mental state is so ****ed

Life sucks, indeedio. It's not so bad as a grad, though. You'd still be younger than me when you started! Haha.
Reply 1935
Life sucks, indeedio. It's not so bad as a grad, though. You'd still be younger than me when you started! Haha.

Yea, young for my age and quite a few thing i can do i guess , but what?
Original post by dmz

What about pharmacy or optometry?

With pharmacy you can work in a hospital, and closely with doctors. My backup is pharmacy. Come to uni with me.
Reply 1937
What about pharmacy or optometry?

With pharmacy you can work in a hospital, and closely with doctors. My backup is pharmacy. Come to uni with me.

really can't work with doctors knowing i was deprived the opportunity because off an A4 piece of paper and 20mins of conversation, what uni do you want to go. Anything medical related'll just make me feel second class, not being proud but so many people i helped out in college and **** who get it, people i did better than, and people that care about others lot less than me but it's life lol and there are 6 billion others
Original post by dmz
really can't work with doctors knowing i was deprived the opportunity because off an A4 piece of paper and 20mins of conversation, what uni do you want to go. Anything medical related'll just make me feel second class, not being proud but so many people i helped out in college and **** who get it, people i did better than, and people that care about others lot less than me but it's life lol and there are 6 billion others

I got an unconditional for pharmacy at RGU.

So, what are your plans then. What about your job? Are you going to continue doing it?

Also, how did your parents take the news. I hope they were supportive to you and do not view you as a failure, like most Asian parents within my culture would.
Original post by dmz

What do you find interesting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending