The Student Room Group

Girls - does baldness put you off even if...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SamTheMan
Even if every post from girls on this thread said "Eww bald?" you wouldn't have to worry. The fact is most girls don't even know what they like or are attracted to... They'll say they like one thing and go for something totally different.

It's a well-known fact that there is a high percentage of women who are naturally attracted to bald guys. It's an uncontrollable, animal instinct probably due to the association of high testosterone and baldness.

Sure, a bald or balding guy won't get the same success as a pretty boy in a club full of 18-year olds but "pretty boys" tend to have success with a very narrow age range of women who are trying to compete to get the guy who looks the most like he could be in a boy band. Once the girls are over that phase, pretty boys are long gone...

Just be comfortable with what you're given.

If I'm honest, I'd prefer to be slightly balding rather than having a hairline that goes down past my forehead as if I was still 10 and there are guys who are middle aged and have that type of hairline...

Hmmm I have to disagree what with the whole Milf thing going on. I'm finding that the older I get, the younger the men are getting OR the age of the men I find attractive and tend to date stays around 24/25. I'm almost 26 btw. I hope my taste changes for my own sake though....
I just like smooth skin and clear eyes. I guess I associate youth more with health which I find the most attractive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Fair enough!
Yeah it usually does :/

..but have come across someone who is good looking, even if a little bald..as in a receding hair line, but keeps the rest of his hair long..which looks good. He gets on with everyone and a lot of the girls fancy him, so I dont think it's that much of a problem.

Matt Dawson is an exception though.
Original post by Eveiebaby
Hmmm I have to disagree what with the whole Milf thing going on. I'm finding that the older I get, the younger the men are getting OR the age of the men I find attractive and tend to date stays around 24/25. I'm almost 26 btw. I hope my taste changes for my own sake though....
I just like smooth skin and clear eyes. I guess I associate youth more with health which I find the most attractive.

Not sure I get what you mean by Milf thing? I was not saying that you have to wait until a girl is a Milf before she is potentially attracted to a bald guy.

Simply that she will grow out of the high school/popularity mindset of wanting a pretty boy. I lived with a girl who was in her late 30s and still going for pretty boys who were in their early 20s but then I wouldn't say that's a good example and is just a case in point: she was struggling to settle down at all.

I'm sure you'll agree anyway that girls can be attracted in many ways:
- I've seen girls who can litterally be convinced into going for a guy (or not going for a guy) simply because they obtain the approval from their friends i.e. the guy becomes attractive because other girls find him attractive. Peer pressure and all that, especially when a girl is young.
- Some girls are attracted because they see a guy as boyfriend material
- Some girls are attracted because they see the guy as a good potential fling
- Some girls are attracted to a guy and can't even explain why
- Some girls are attracted to a guy because their head tells them to be and sometimes they're attracted because their subconscious desire tells them to be.
Original post by SamTheMan
Not sure I get what you mean by Milf thing? I was not saying that you have to wait until a girl is a Milf before she is potentially attracted to a bald guy.

Simply that she will grow out of the high school/popularity mindset of wanting a pretty boy. I lived with a girl who was in her late 30s and still going for pretty boys who were in their early 20s but then I wouldn't say that's a good example and is just a case in point: she was struggling to settle down at all.

I'm sure you'll agree anyway that girls can be attracted in many ways:
- I've seen girls who can litterally be convinced into going for a guy (or not going for a guy) simply because they obtain the approval from their friends i.e. the guy becomes attractive because other girls find him attractive. Peer pressure and all that, especially when a girl is young.
- Some girls are attracted because they see a guy as boyfriend material
- Some girls are attracted because they see the guy as a good potential fling
- Some girls are attracted to a guy and can't even explain why
- Some girls are attracted to a guy because their head tells them to be and sometimes they're attracted because their subconscious desire tells them to be.

Yep I get what you mean although personally, I find a lot of head hair a turn on because I like to touch it. I like the volume or the way it blows in the breeze or flops sexily over someone's eyes. Maybe there will be the bald guy that does it for me that I don't plan for but I like head hair. Big head hair.

Each to his/her own though. Everyone has preferences.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
Very interesting thread..

As a balding 22 year old male i have often wondered if it would women off. The answer is around 80%, a no!!

While you will get some women that go purely by the 'your bald, you must be 30' mindset or may be of the friend approval mindset, your general appearence of your face and body matters much more.

What i will say though is that shaving it off may not be the best option. I was constantly told from being about 18 to 21 to shave it off and when i finally did, it made me look older because the dark hair on white skin actually emphasises how far back you are.

Personally i would say that until all that is left is a tuft where your fringe was, you should keep your hair. Just gel it in a mohicani type thing and assuming you are tall (i am lucky enougth to be 6 foot 4), while people will be able to tell the result will not be disasterous.

Simply accept the fact you are balding, go out, meet a girl and go for it. Do not let it put you off.
:nope: Have you seen Michael Rosenbaum? :sexface:.

Reply 47
Original post by Pink Bullets
Laughter doesn't make me want to have sex with someone.

I disagree with this actually. I find it hugely attractive when a guy is able to make me laugh. I'd much rather be with a funny bald guy than a guy with a lots of hair but no sense of humour.

I've dated a bald guy before anyway and no it doesn't bother me. I prefer it to that girly hairstyle I see so many guys have these days.
Reply 48
But he's so hawt :h:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
... the guy is making you laugh and being quite charming?

I don't really mind, as long as the guy got's good skin. :P

.... and other traits, such as his wittiness, humour, etc. :P
Reply 50
A balding guy with confidence and personality will have no problems getting women. There are tons of examples of men in society who have physical 'defects' such as baldness, grey hair, being short, being overweight, etc, who do phenomenally well with women. Don't let baldness stop you from approaching women!

If bald patches do knock your confidence, use Toppik or Nanogen Hair Fibres to cover it up, and nobody will even notice and you'll eliminate the issues that balding causes you.

Besides, when the lights are out and you've got your head down between the girl's legs, she's not going to give a **** if you're 'balding' etc
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by gtfo
Girls I don't know rub my head quite a lot; not in the street or anything, but if I'm at the pub, in the canteen at college, at a festival etc. It's usually accompanied by giggling, and "oooh, spikey", or "Sorry, couldn't help myself" or some such.

I like being bald.

I lol'd
Reply 52
i think some of the girls on here are being really harsh.
OP, as long as its not old man style bald like with hair round the sides and very little at the top then it should be ok.
just shave it off, but not like completely skinhead if you know what i mean?
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
:nope: Have you seen Michael Rosenbaum? :sexface:.

he looks like a reptilian
I am young, male and have a receding hairline and I think I am hot :wink: ahaha biased or what?

seriously though, it does give you that manly edge.However, Being completely bald at a young age would depend on your head shape, IMO of course.
All you girls can hate as much as you like, my bonce is bald for life :colonhash:

I'm 20 and my fringe has been my former fringe for about two years now.
(edited 13 years ago)
All I can say is, i have a full head of hair but it is very curly and there is no way Iam Gay enough to use straighteners so tend most of the time to get my hair cut very short. I reckon I get much more interest when it is short. Maybe it is because Iam more confident I don't know.

A female who does love my haircut short is my barber as Iam seeing her every 3-4 weeks right now. She said she has never met anyone with such unruly hair.
Original post by basketofsnakes
he looks like a reptilian

:unimpressed:.
Hope it doesn't affect girl's opinions haha. Otherwise in a couple of year's time, I am probably going to be screwed! Metaphorically, not literally.
Reply 59
Original post by insoms
Broad shoulders can't be worked on not unless you can change your own bone structure. The rest are rediculous why should you have to dye your hair to become acceptable to the opposite sex (coupled with buying a wig if the responses to this thread are to be believed).

In short if you happen to have drawn one of the many many genetic short straws you are a turn off. And girls say guys are shallow

gain muscle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending