University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by concubine
I hope you all get the complete opposite of what you ask for.

What's with the **** attitude? What has anyone here done to you?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
I made Leicester my firm choice today, but when can i actually apply for my accomodation? :s-smilie:
Reply 42
Original post by emilywoop
I made Leicester my firm choice today, but when can i actually apply for my accomodation? :s-smilie:

1st May

Congrats :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by grape:)
1st May

Congrats :smile:

Ohh cool, so thats quite late then, i thought it would be March or somthing :P And thank you!
Reply 44
Ohh cool, so thats quite late then, i thought it would be March or somthing :P And thank you!

Sorry XD I meant the 1st of March. Sorry :tongue:
Reply 45
Sorry XD I meant the 1st of March. Sorry :tongue:

Oh gosh, lmao, good job i said. I went on the accomodation site, but it says to register i need a leicester ID or somthing? Do they send that to me?
Reply 46
Oh gosh, lmao, good job i said. I went on the accomodation site, but it says to register i need a leicester ID or somthing? Do they send that to me?

I phoned them and they told me they'll send the information just before the deadline opens :smile: It is a good job you questioned it! haha :smile: Which subject have you firmed? x
Reply 47
I phoned them and they told me they'll send the information just before the deadline opens :smile: It is a good job you questioned it! haha :smile: Which subject have you firmed? x

Physiotherapy. Although I'll be living and be taught at Leicester, I'm actually a Coventry student :frown:. Its a bit weird, but its better than living in Coventry :wink:
What about you? I think i might ring up as well, as I havnt actually heard from Leicester yet, only Coventry :frown:
Beaumont is also an excellent choice, especially in the catered part (old court).
Reply 49
Physiotherapy. Although I'll be living and be taught at Leicester, I'm actually a Coventry student :frown:. Its a bit weird, but its better than living in Coventry :wink:
What about you? I think i might ring up as well, as I havnt actually heard from Leicester yet, only Coventry :frown:

That's so strange. So you're taught at Leicester and graded at Leicester, but get a Coventry degree? x
Reply 50
That's so strange. So you're taught at Leicester and graded at Leicester, but get a Coventry degree? x

Yep :smile: I do everything at Leicester, but I graduate at Coventry :frown:
Reply 51
Yep :smile: I do everything at Leicester, but I graduate at Coventry :frown:

So, so odd!
Reply 52
Does anyone know if first year undergrads are allowed to apply for 'city living' accommodation? I'm a 'mature' student if that makes any difference. I can't see the point in Oadby when it is a 45 min walk from campus. :-\
Reply 53
Can anyone tell me which accomodation is mixed and which isn't?
Or will it tell me when I get the accomodation application?
Reply 54
Original post by BigV
Does anyone know if first year undergrads are allowed to apply for 'city living' accommodation? I'm a 'mature' student if that makes any difference. I can't see the point in Oadby when it is a 45 min walk from campus. :-\

I'm pretty sure you can apply wherever.
Original post by BigV

There's like these things called buses...a bike when weather permits.
Reply 56
Original post by BeanzMeanzHeinzWard
There's like these things called buses...a bike when weather permits.

Wow, mind blowing observation there, I had never thought of getting the bus............. honestly.......

I'm not paying 5k a year to live a 20min bus ride away from campus; what is the point, I might as well commute (1hr drive) and save some cash. (screw the environment)

Anyway, I have now spoken to them and it seems that I do qualify for city living.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by BigV
Wow, mind blowing observation there, I had never thought of getting the bus............. honestly.......

I'm not paying 5k a year to live a 20min bus ride away from campus; what is the point, I might as well commute (1hr drive) and save some cash. (screw the environment)

Anyway, I have now spoken to them and it seems that I do qualify for city living.

I have no idea where you get 20 mins from either, more like 10.

Screw the environment? Nice.
Reply 58

I've a most likely dumb question but..on the site the catered contracats are for 30 weeks total and the self catered for 39...can someone elaborate why there is such a difference?And also another question if I sign for a flat,is the whole fee displayed on the site payed by me or shared with other ppl etc.?
Original post by lrs_17
Can anyone tell me which accommodation is mixed and which isn't?
Or will it tell me when I get the accommodation application?

You can chose to only be given same-sex accommodation in the extra details section.

Quick Reply