The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

I'm getting charged international fees! :O!

I sent the fee assessment questionnaire ages ago and then 1 week after i receive an offer and it says i'll be charged home fees. This was back in January and today I receive a letter and it says I didn't send the fee assessment on the 21 day period when I did and it also says they'll be charging me international fees! JESUS CHRIST! I rang them up and they said they'll give me a call back once the student service admin is here.. dude, WTF!? This is screwed... IM SCREWED! AM I!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
cool story bro
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Why are you getting charged international fees?
Chill! Let them call you back. There's clearly been a misunderstanding... don't worry :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by supernova92
Chill! Let them call you back. There's clearly been a misunderstanding... don't worry :smile:

I like your re-assurance! :smile: Thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by Tolth
Why are you getting charged international fees?

I have no idea. Well, last year when we were filling out the UCAS form, I accidentally put I was settled in the UK so I guess I got sent the fee assessment for that reason. Filled it out anyway and now I get a letter saying I'll be charged with international fees... I need to ring UCAS and tell them to change my residence is it? to British born... because obviously, I'm British born. Ha.
Reply 6
I'm sure it's a misunderstanding. I was being told I was a Scotsman who immigrated to Singapore at one point by Newcastle.
Reply 7
Original post by Fusilero
I'm sure it's a misunderstanding. I was being told I was a Scotsman who immigrated to Singapore at one point by Newcastle.

Lol... wow. It sucks, these misunderstandings don't it? Well I rang UCAS and they changed it to UK/EU National on the "resedential" bit... I think I'll ring SHU again.
Original post by NickR92
I like your re-assurance! :smile: Thanks.

S'ok, you just have to think about how many applicants there are and lots of people have to fill these forms out (me included) and humans aren't immune to error! lol
Reply 9
S'ok, you just have to think about how many applicants there are and lots of people have to fill these forms out (me included) and humans aren't immune to error! lol

Lol. I'm not saying it was by purpose haha but yeah, valid point. What are your uni choices?
Original post by NickR92
Lol. I'm not saying it was by purpose haha but yeah, valid point. What are your uni choices?

Are you actually someone who has lived here your whole life etc - but accidentally ticked the wrong box?

That sucks!
Reply 11
Original post by Philosoraptor
Are you actually someone who has lived here your whole life etc - but accidentally ticked the wrong box?

That sucks!

Yeah haha!
I know, it sucks right? Lmao. Ohh well, hopefully it should get sorted by this week... hopefully... hopefully.
Original post by NickR92

Look in sig :smile:
Reply 13
Look in sig :smile:

Urrr... What's sig?
Original post by NickR92
Urrr... What's sig?

Signature...
Original post by Fusilero

Are you even Scottish?
Original post by NickR92
Urrr... What's sig?

Yeah ^ signature... On my first post, above the quote button, there should be a small downward facing arrow, if you click that on peoples' posts, you can see their sigs :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ibysaiyan
Signature...

Ohhh
Reply 18
Yeah ^ signature... On my first post, above the quote button, there should be a small downward facing arrow, if you click that on peoples' posts, you can see their sigs :smile:

Ohhh...interesting. I never knew that. WOHO learnt something today :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by jimcatinnes
Are you even Scottish?

No. I'd never even step foot in Scotland or Singapore when the claim was made.

Quick Reply

Latest