The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saks10111
WHEN IS WARWICK GOING TO GIVE ME A DECISION?! I APPLIED ON THE 27TH OF SEPTEMBER, HAVE HEARD FROM ALL 4 OTHER UNIVERSITIES AND AM JUST WAITING ON WARWICK!

I need to calm down.

The offer will be A*AA, so not low enough to be an insurance, and you'll probably pick LSE as firm, so just withdraw
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Focus08
The offer will be A*AA, so not low enough to be an insurance, and you'll probably pick LSE as firm, so just withdraw

You're absolutely right lol and I've obviously considered withdrawing, but as selfish as it sounds, I just want to see what my decision will be. I got a reply from undergrad admissions saying they'd definitely send in their replies by 31st March, so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer.
Thanks though!
Reply 2062
You're absolutely right lol and I've obviously considered withdrawing, but as selfish as it sounds, I just want to see what my decision will be. I got a reply from undergrad admissions saying they'd definitely send in their replies by 31st March, so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer.
Thanks though!

If I were you, I'd still withdraw. It's not really fair if you get an offer and someone that really wanted to go to Warwick misses out because of it, surely?
Reply 2063
Who here is still waiting on a History acceptance/rejection?
Original post by OliS
If I were you, I'd still withdraw. It's not really fair if you get an offer and someone that really wanted to go to Warwick misses out because of it, surely?

I totally get where you're coming from, but I believe that a lot of people do this, because you want to see how you've done at the application process, given that you only go through it once. Either way, according to the email Warwick sent me, they've already made their decisions by now and are just processing the info to UCAS, department by department, so my (and other people's) decision has already been made.

Also, since my course at Warwick is an AAA offer, NOT an A*AA offer, it's still one of my possible insurance choices, so I'd like to have all my decisions before I make my choices.
Reply 2065
I totally get where you're coming from, but I believe that a lot of people do this, because you want to see how you've done at the application process, given that you only go through it once. Either way, according to the email Warwick sent me, they've already made their decisions by now and are just processing the info to UCAS, department by department, so my (and other people's) decision has already been made.

Also, since my course at Warwick is an AAA offer, NOT an A*AA offer, it's still one of my possible insurance choices, so I'd like to have all my decisions before I make my choices.

Yeah, that's fair enough. :smile: If I was in your situation I'd probably do the same, to be honest.
Reply 2066
They emailed back.

I can drop EPQ!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO :biggrin:
Reply 2067
FINALLY!!!! I've heard from Warwick for Law, jesus I applied 5 months ago....or was it more....haha, can't remember. :biggrin:
[QUOTE='[NyuNyu];30386813']FINALLY!!!! I've heard from Warwick for Law, jesus I applied 5 months ago....or was it more....haha, can't remember. :biggrin:

:gthumb:

:congrats:
Reply 2069
[QUOTE='[NyuNyu];30386813']FINALLY!!!! I've heard from Warwick for Law, jesus I applied 5 months ago....or was it more....haha, can't remember. :biggrin:

Congrats :smile:

Hopefully this signifies the first in a nice big batch of Warwick offers coming through! The daily email/track checking does become somewhat monotonous after 5 months doesn't it?
I'm trying to transfer to Warwick to do Biological Sciences.. it's a long shot but may as well try.

I originally had an offer from them last year to do Psychology but I firmed Durham instead..
Offer, Warwick, Economics, AA including maths. After 5 months, hell yes.
Reply 2072
Original post by 24craigour
Offer, Warwick, Economics, AA including maths. After 5 months, hell yes.

congrats.. im still waiting :frown:
what ur grades like?
Reply 2073

:nutcase:
Sorry to butt in...

I hate my current hall-mates. I'm at the University of Liverpool at the moment hating my first year of a maths degree and so I've applied to Warwick for Film Studies and I have my interview later today but because of my halls here I've been kept up all fracking night (brownie points if you get the reference there :wink:) by drunk people shouting, banging on doors and running around, all shouting for one guy on my corridor who always gets this sort of stuff. :angry: No sleep before interview makes cadaeibfeceh an unhappy TSRian.

ANYWAY congrats to everyone who's gotten in!!!
I e mailed yet again, but this time included physics admissions and tutor. And guess what - there had been an administrative error, and my offer was sent that very day. They have apologised for this, but unfortunately I have missed all the physics open days. However they have offered me a personal tour of the department whenever I can make it. So all does not always go smoothly and it's worth contacting them if you feel ther's something wrong.
Reply 2076
Original post by hollercoller
I e mailed yet again, but this time included physics admissions and tutor. And guess what - there had been an administrative error, and my offer was sent that very day. They have apologised for this, but unfortunately I have missed all the physics open days. However they have offered me a personal tour of the department whenever I can make it. So all does not always go smoothly and it's worth contacting them if you feel ther's something wrong.

Not sure where your first post is,
what was your reason for emailing? I am still waiting for a reply from philosophy, emailed the admissions at warwick and got a reply that told me nothing. What made you decide to email the tutors directly?
Hey everybody!

I was rejected by LSE and UCL for economics....I'm not too gutted about any more, though, I don't have any offers so I am counting on Warwick!
does anyone of you know when we're likely to hear back from warwick? end of march hopefully? :smile:

cheers,
matt
Original post by Neisco
Not sure where your first post is,
what was your reason for emailing? I am still waiting for a reply from philosophy, emailed the admissions at warwick and got a reply that told me nothing. What made you decide to email the tutors directly?

I thought it strange that I had received two acknowledgements Oct and Nov and a happy christmas message and then nothing. In looking back at this thread , I saw that's people had received physics offers way back, so it was odd that I had heard nothing. I decided to email as I looked on physics web page and saw that applicants open days were between Nov and Mar, and sent enquiries to the contacts on that page. I had already emailed ugadmissions and wasn't happy with 'an out of office' reply. Hope that helps.
Original post by pinggor
congrats.. im still waiting :frown:
what ur grades like?

Don't know if it's relevant seeing how I'm from Scotland but....
A at Advanced higher, AAAAA at higher.
Predicted AAAAB at Adv H
Don't have Economics though, so luckily the ystill gave me an offer :biggrin:
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest