The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by platty1907
Congratulations to all with offers so far!!
Has anyone on the thread received an offer for S campus? All seems to be M at the moment!

Might be me.... am not 100% sure yet though...
Original post by platty1907
Congratulations! :biggrin: When did it come through on track for you??

came through about 15.45 i think :smile: i only checked cos i noticed people on here had been hearing! and thanks to those who said well done! congrats to everyone with offers :smile: and to those with rejections keep going u will get there i'm sure!!! xx
Original post by Chivalry
To quote my email response:
/
It is very unlikely that you would be able to change from Manchester campus.

Kind regards,

----

---
Administrator
/

(Names removed)

I'm from Manchester, It's actually a really good city and the Uni isn't too bad :smile:

I applied for the Manchester campus, but to those of you who wanted campus S and have been offered a place at campus M, I 'accidentally overheard' :wink: a conversation between a prospective medic and a St A staff member going on in the medical school while I was waiting to have my interview, she was telling the student about how they 'have' to say that you can't change campus, but actually a lot of people do apply to change in the 2/3rd year and a generous amount are allowed to do so :smile:

To clarify, she then said 'so they tell you that you can't change campus, but actually: you can'
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1663
I talked to a current St. Andrews student. He said that you are allowed to change your campus accordingly to your grades of the first semester of the second year at St. Andrews. I thought that things changed starting this year as someone said that it's unlikely to change your campus... but if Shellfish002 also heard something similiar then it must be true and valid for 2011 entrants as well :smile: No need to worry everyone :biggrin: (including myself :s-smilie: )
What accomodation do you think would be best to apply for? and shall we start a facebook page so everyone can start getting to know each other? x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1665
Original post by Shellfish002
I'm from Manchester, It's actually a really good city and the Uni isn't too bad :smile:

I applied for the Manchester campus, but to those of you who wanted campus S and have been offered a place at campus M, I 'accidentally overheard' :wink: a conversation between a prospective medic and a St A staff member going on in the medical school while I was waiting to have my interview, she was telling the student about how they 'have' to say that you can't change campus, but actually a lot of people do apply to change in the 2/3rd year and a generous amount are allowed to do so :smile:

To clarify, she then said 'so they tell you that you can't change campus, but actually: you can'

I see :P official policy and all that jazz.
Original post by georgie91
What accomodation do you think would be best to apply for? and shall we start a facebook page so everyone can start getting to know each other? x

I was just about to ask about a facebook page, it doesn't look like there is one already but we should definately start one!
Original post by teafil
I talked to a current St. Andrews student. He said that you are allowed to change your campus accordingly to your grades of the first semester of the second year at St. Andrews. I thought that things changed starting this year as someone said that it's unlikely to change your campus... but if Shellfish002 also heard something similiar then it must be true and valid for 2011 entrants as well :smile: No need to worry everyone :biggrin: (including myself :s-smilie: )

Congrats on your offer! looks like the 9th of Feb was a good day for both of us!:biggrin:
Original post by georgie91

David Russell Apartments all the way for me :smile: Going to apply for it tomorrow if it's possible for us to do so yet. Anybody else had any thought on which halls they want?
Original post by kellystewart
If it says S I'd hazard a guess it's Scotland lol

I thought that was obvious but yeah S = Scotland, M = Manchester.

Well done on everyone with offers! :awesome: We should totally make a facebook page, though I've not firmed or anything.

And guys, looking forward to the mass exodus to the "Med Students" society/thread :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Carter BSc
David Russell Apartments all the way for me :smile: Going to apply for it tomorrow if it's possible for us to do so yet. Anybody else had any thought on which halls they want?

i'm thinking david russell apartments too! what do we search for on facebook for the group thats already there? might as well all start getting to know each other seen as we're going to be spending all this time together woooo!!
Original post by laurenl93
]

Like 2ish what time ate you?
They said we'r the last interviews :smile:

I'm at 4.05 :smile: and yep, we're the last ones! How long do you think we'll have to wait to hear afterwards?
Original post by JungleJen
I'm at 4.05 :smile: and yep, we're the last ones! How long do you think we'll have to wait to hear afterwards?

best of luck!!! i think u will hear within a matter of days :smile:
Reply 1673
Original post by JungleJen

Good luck at your interview ! Can you tell me what your ukcat score is?
Original post by ryan118244
Hah thanks and clearly they are missing out on 2 amazing people!!
No I haven't forgot! You better make sure you get in now!!
Hopefully I will be intercalating so 6 yrs it will be!!

so sorry to hear about, I know how you feel though!
Well at least we have a place at another medical school so we are not that bad there are many students who couldn't get a place this year so we always have to be grateful about what we obtain even if it is was not our top choice.

Best of luck with manchester and you will have more fun in Peninsulaa anyways !!!
rejected :frown: seriously bummed out since i had an offer last year but i missed my grades...
good luck to everyone else!
Reply 1676
Well done to all those with offers i want one so bad...the place is epic

but can anybody link to the pros and cons of the medical schools??i can't find it anywhere
Reply 1677
Original post by areyousure?
so sorry to hear about, I know how you feel though!
Well at least we have a place at another medical school so we are not that bad there are many students who couldn't get a place this year so we always have to be grateful about what we obtain even if it is was not our top choice.

Best of luck with manchester and you will have more fun in Peninsulaa anyways !!!

Haha yep!!!
Good luck with everything at med school!!
Reply 1678
Original post by josephpk
Well done to all those with offers i want one so bad...the place is epic

but can anybody link to the pros and cons of the medical schools??i can't find it anywhere

These sites are good:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=812998

http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/Medical-School.aspx
Reply 1679
Exact one I was looking for, thanks a million ryan
good luck next year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending