The Student Room Group

Girls and Relationships

It's just I see other people with girlfriends, and they seem to have a great time together. Maybe I'm just being romantic but I really want someone who I can really love and care about, and for them to care about me, that's different to friends and family. I want someone who I can go out, have a good time, hold hands, maybe kiss and cuddle. Note that I am not only interested in sex, I'm 17 and although a lot of people do it at this age it's not a pressing concern for me. I just want someone who really likes me and I can get a bit close to :colondollar:

I'm doing well academically, have good mates and family, but I just feel there's something a bit missing, that I think would be filled by a nice girlfriend. She doesn't need to be stunning, just a nice person that we can appreciate each other for what we are and have great times together and a good laugh, with some kissing and cuddling added in :redface:

I'm in my final year at school, and to be honest I don't think it would work with anyone at my school anymore, I used to be a bit of a prick but I've become nicer and more outgoing now, maybe that will help. Maybe I'm just being too much of a romantic, but it's how I feel and I can't really help it. I think I'll just wait for university, just live through school for now, it's not too long now, and just try to have good time with mates :smile:

Anyway, that's what I think. What do you think of that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh and as always, any advice is appreciated :smile:
Reply 2
NAWWWW :smile:
Reply 3
You sound lovely. Unless you're hiding vital flaws in your personality, I'm sure you'll meet someone at uni, if not the summer before. :smile:
In due time
Reply 5
Original post by ApplePi
NAWWWW :smile:

This x100, seriously OP Here's my face...:redface:

AWWWWWWWW.

...ok that's enough of that, lets go find a thread about someone who hates their life so it changes to depressed pity, then a nice thread about food or pets to make me go full circle.
Reply 6
be difficult getting a girlfriend if you're gay
Get a hooker. You will save money and time in the long run.
:h:
Reply 9
Aww this is so cute :smile:

It'll happen eventually!
i guess if you dont want a girl in your college, wait for uni this year and gd luck
Well, looks like you've already answered your own question then - waiting till uni is probably a good idea for now, since you'll meet new people and all that.
Reply 12
When you're 18 call me :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Great, reading this made me think "awww, how sweet".

Thanks for bringing out the chick in me :dry:

Must go to do something manly now, make up for the lost man points :getmecoat:
Original post by blitzco
be difficult getting a girlfriend if you're gay

Apart from I'm not gay :rolleyes:
Reply 15
I'm sure you'll find someone OP.
When they turn up you'll know.
are you bent?!
A self-proclaimed romantic~ :P

Say that to the girls in your college and you'll have them queueing for you. :P
Reply 18
Original post by llamalad200
are you bent?!

No. I accidentally posted anon above to someone saying the same thing.
Reply 19
Original post by Remy-Rae
You sound lovely. Unless you're hiding vital flaws in your personality, I'm sure you'll meet someone at uni, if not the summer before. :smile:

Original post by Leigh303
i think you should be able to find someone... i mean according to your description above, what's not to like? :rolleyes:

Well obviously I'm not perfect, but I try my best to get on with people, just sometimes getting closer to people can be more difficult, but I'll continue to try :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending