The Student Room Group

Deferring

Hi studentroom

Basically Ive been rejected from 4 of my unis and Ive had to settle for my backup choice, Ive got a place there.

If i want to defer that uni place.
Am i allowed to apply to other university's throughout the next year.

Bit of background info... im doing a foundation degree in art and ive gotten really unlucky with competition, i also want to reapply to have a shot at getting into a different course and a better uni.
No - if you defer, you are not able to make another application during the gap year.
Original post by TheSownRose
No - if you defer, you are not able to make another application during the gap year.

Hehe. Let's be clear and precise: you can make another application but only if you give up the deferred place. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TheSownRose

is there any way to apply for uni outside ucas?
Original post by Good bloke
Hehe. Let's be clear and precise: you can make another application but only if you give up the deferred place. :smile:

True, true.

Ammendment: You cannot both hold a deferred place and make another application.

Original post by d swars

Not really...
Original post by d swars

The University of Buckingham, I believe, still accepts applications outside the UCAS system - but it is a private university and its fees are probably very high. Or you could apply to a university abroad. Other than that, no.
Original post by Good bloke
The University of Buckingham, I believe, still accepts applications outside the UCAS system - but it is a private university and its fees are probably very high. Or you could apply to a university abroad. Other than that, no.

Even Bucks has been using UCAS for some courses this year, from what I've seen.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Even Bucks has been using UCAS for some courses this year, from what I've seen.

I thought that they had mainly moved over to UCAS, but looking at their website it seems that they haven't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending