The Student Room Group

Bleeding after Sex

Hi,

I started having sex with my boyfriend about three weeks ago. It hurt quite a lot and bled for a couple of days after the first time, but as I was pretty nervous so tense and obviously it was my first time, I didn't think anything of it. I got my period as usual at the beginning of this month, but last week we had a bit of an accident, and the condom broke, so I went and got the morning after pill (just as a precaution, he didn't come, but...I'm paranoid :P). Anyway, last night we were having sex, and I think he went deeper than before because it hurt quite a lot (it generally hurts a bit, but it goes away), and now I seem to be bleeding.

Can sex cause a period to re-start? Or could it be that taking the morning after pill has caused my period to start three weeks early? Or is it just bleeding because he penetrated me more deeply? Sorry to sound like such a complete idiot, but I'm paranoid...
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I started having sex with my boyfriend about three weeks ago. It hurt quite a lot and bled for a couple of days after the first time, but as I was pretty nervous so tense and obviously it was my first time, I didn't think anything of it. I got my period as usual at the beginning of this month, but last week we had a bit of an accident, and the condom broke, so I went and got the morning after pill (just as a precaution, he didn't come, but...I'm paranoid :P). Anyway, last night we were having sex, and I think he went deeper than before because it hurt quite a lot (it generally hurts a bit, but it goes away), and now I seem to be bleeding.

Can sex cause a period to re-start? Or could it be that taking the morning after pill has caused my period to start three weeks early? Or is it just bleeding because he penetrated me more deeply? Sorry to sound like such a complete idiot, but I'm paranoid...

It could be a combination of the MAP screwing your periods up and the painful sex. Why is it painful btw? Are you not turned on enough or is the sex rough? If so, more lube might help that situation and prevent the bleeding.
Reply 2
Original post by La Songeuse
It could be a combination of the MAP screwing your periods up and the painful sex. Why is it painful btw? Are you not turned on enough or is the sex rough? If so, more lube might help that situation and prevent the bleeding.

That sounds likely. I'm not sure why it's painful, to be honest. I'm a bit worried about it. I am turned on when we're having sex...I think it's maybe to do with the fact that he's quite big, and I'm quite small. I'm going to see the nurse later today to talk about going on the Pill, so I'll ask her about it. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest