The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

got a conditional on monday, so happy it hurts :biggrin:
Original post by blueee:)
Had my interview in January, they haven't got back to me. Has everyone received a decision post interview? :s-smilie:

I had my interview in January and haven't heard back yet either. I think they have only recently started giving out offers cause I was told at my interview I wouldn't hear from them until the end of March when they had interviewed everyone.

Hopefully you should hear soon though :smile: Good luck. I hope it's good news for you.
Original post by LauraJaayne
I had my interview in January and haven't heard back yet either. I think they have only recently started giving out offers cause I was told at my interview I wouldn't hear from them until the end of March when they had interviewed everyone.

Hopefully you should hear soon though :smile: Good luck. I hope it's good news for you.

I was told at my interview mid-March, however you are right, offers/rejections only started coming out on Monday so don't worry. :smile:

My instinct would be there are a few people who are right on the border between offers and rejections and so these will be the last to hear as they make final decisions.
Reply 2003
Original post by blueee:)
Had my interview in January, they haven't got back to me. Has everyone received a decision post interview? :s-smilie:

I'm the same
longgg time lurker of this thread :P (I think maybe I posted once? haha)
but OFFER on monday night! :biggrin: soo SO happy... I every time I think about it, a whole new wave of relief washes over...
who's going to the applicants visit day on the 29th btw? :smile:
Original post by dougmul51
anyone with an offer not going to the applicant day?

I'm not actually sure I'll be able to... tuesday's just a bit of an awkward day to make a 5-6hr road trip =/ but at the same time I reallly wana check out the accommodation, etc.
Reply 2007
Original post by Insomniac_1901

I'm not actually sure I'll be able to... tuesday's just a bit of an awkward day to make a 5-6hr road trip =/ but at the same time I reallly wana check out the accommodation, etc.

Heya. congratulations! are you firming glasgow? oh god tell me about the relief feeling! it's such a huge weight off your shoulders.
Im thinking about going to the open day. Why not take the train? Easier than a road trip :smile:
Reply 2008
Original post by dmz
strangely moodless

not sure, grade's not good enough to try again, erm something between FA, suicide, full time criminal, dunno, defo going to uni this yr, might try postgrad i don't know. Think I'm about to go thru several emotions, not sure which to start with. Lol, but it sucks how I've helped people in college who all got in, tho it's been my dream since i was 8. Not to say i deserve it but you know, it's one of those things you know you're genuinely born to be. Shows life doesn't go to plan. I came out of the interview literally smiling. Yea think I'll start with pity, lol. Mental state is so ****ed

So sorry. Hope youre okay. message me if you need to rant/whatever.
x
Reply 2009
Original post by lekky
So sorry. Hope youre okay. message me if you need to rant/whatever.
x

what did you do before medicine? If you don't mind me asking
Original post by dougmul51
anyone with an offer not going to the applicant day?

I can't go as I have a compulsory course on for my MRes. Don't need to see accomodation but was looking forward to seeing more of the med school and meeting fellow classmates!
Original post by kKennedy93
got a conditional on monday, so happy it hurts :biggrin:

longgg time lurker of this thread :P (I think maybe I posted once? haha)
but OFFER on monday night! :biggrin: soo SO happy... I every time I think about it, a whole new wave of relief washes over...

Facebook group for offer holders/firms... come and join!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_152706194790047&ap=1
Reply 2012
Friend of mine suggested i got on here as its a gd place to ask for help on uni stuff. I got an unconditional offer to study at glasgow recently so was pretty happy. Im a gap year student so on my year out at the moment. Slowly starting to try and sort out accomadation, n finance etc. Booked a place on the applicants day. Should I be in any rush to apply for accomadation do you think? Im travelling soon so trying to get on top of everything.
I appreciate any help, and congrats to lots of you.
Reply 2013
Original post by dmz
what did you do before medicine? If you don't mind me asking

I came straight from a level
I just took my time gettng to a level :tongue:
Reply 2014
Anyone going to applicants day say HEY, I will be there :smile:
Reply 2015
lol just been stalking your group

Changes to the curriculum

We know there have been a lot of rumours going around all years about if changes are going to happen and what they are. Yes there are going to be some changes that will affect our year group from year 3 onwards. It’s important to stress that all changes are only currently PROPOSED changes and not yet set in stone!
The actual document outlining the proposed changes is 30 pages long but I’ve tried to summarise the main points that will affect us.

Phase 3
This replaces year 3 of the current curriculum
Daily bedside clinical teaching during 4 five week blocks
There will be a list of clinical training targets, clinical signs and clinical cases to be achieved and recorded
There will be a research SSC as part of which you will be expected to write a 3000 word dissertation
Core topics are covered by lectures, FRS, tutorial sessions and online learning
Clincial application is covered in clinical PBL sessions and clinico-pathological conferences (CPC)
One PBL/CPC session a week
Clinical exam and MCQ formative assessment at the end of each block
Summative assessment: MCQ, short essays and OSCE at the end of the year

Phase 4
This is currently years 4 and 5
Blocks will be longer than they currently are
Learning objectives will be detailed in “study guides”
There will be a series of update, revision and advanced lectures
Summative assessments will occur at the end of each block
A mock final written paper will be offered in block 8 of year 4
OSCE stations will be reduced from 50 to 30

that's from the email that I wrote & sent out to my year! how the hell did you guys get it! LOL
though the changes to year 1&2 will also affect your year group
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lekky
Anyone going to applicants day say HEY, I will be there :smile:

HEY, I will be there ! lol
Original post by G550NDH
HEY, I will be there ! lol

Hi, Just wondering if you could give me some advice about why you chose glasgow over keele? I'm in a similiar situation and unsure what to do :s-smilie:

hey there,
i dont think ill be thre, bit of a trek from northern ireland, espec for a tuesday and i really dont have any leave left! but will see!

querying wheter to go into accomadation or get a flat/house?
anyone any thoughts?

cheers
Original post by Radioactive Blob
Hi, Just wondering if you could give me some advice about why you chose glasgow over keele? I'm in a similiar situation and unsure what to do :s-smilie:

keele is a hateful middle of nowhere, and no sutdent life except for with medics kind of place! they also have a huge drop out rate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending