The Student Room Group

'Making Love'?

Who else is offended by this term?

Okay, not offended; disgusted.

This is going to sound horribly slaggish, but to me sex and love do not go hand in hand.

Sex is all about the moment, passion and enjoyment.
Love is about something lasting and emotional.

To be honest, I'd much rather have a spontaneous shag in the heat of the moment, than deep (excuse the pun), emotional 'love-making' any day.

I don't want to hear the words 'I love you' in the middle of sex. It's off-putting.

I know I sound like a right whorebag now. Surprisingly, I'm not. I don't sleep around anyway.

I'd just like to know if anyone else shares my views on this :wink: LOL.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You need a good pounding.
Reply 2
You may view sex that way, but plenty of people don't. They might be perfectly happy with using that phrase. It's called having different opinions, it's quite nice.
Reply 3
Original post by imomo16
You may view sex that way, but plenty of people don't. They might be perfectly happy with using that phrase. It's called having different opinions, it's quite nice.

I know lol. I was generally asking people who DO have this view. But thanks :smile:
I've always heard this term in movies and books, i didn't think people used it in real life. Then my boyfriend asked me if i "wanted to make love?" I actually cringed. Seems cheesy or something... and a bit... i don't know... fake? I kept thinking 'he's just saying t his 'cause he thinks this is what girls want to hear.'

when he orgasms he does say 'i love you' though.

boys to men song just came into my head.
I kind of get what you're saying, but I don't think sex should always be a loveless thing :no:

It's a bit cringey when you're in the middle of sex and the other person is all like ''make love to me.'' It kinda puts me off a bit to be honest. But saying 'I love you' is okay though.
Reply 6
Original post by Roo Bix
You need a good pounding.

too right!
Reply 7
Sex to some people is just a physical act to others it is a way of expressing their emotions towards each other. Let the loved up people have their phrases and you have yours for it.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I've always heard this term in movies and books, i didn't think people used it in real life. Then my boyfriend asked me if i "wanted to make love?" I actually cringed. Seems cheesy or something... and a bit... i don't know... fake? I kept thinking 'he's just saying t his 'cause he thinks this is what girls want to hear.'

when he orgasms he does say 'i love you' though.

boys to men song just came into my head.

A man would say 'I love you' to anything that gave him an orgasm.
LOL.

And I actually just cringed for you... I'd have laughed in his face it I were you haha :smile:
i am not offended by this term. nor am i disgusted.
my boyfriend will never turn to me and say 'come on babe, lets make love' - he'll say 'jump on' haha !
but sex with someone you are in love with blows your socks off .. make love is sickening, but lovingly making sex is pretty sweet
lauren,
I wouldn't do what I would call 'making love' often, but one time recently we both came really hard, even though we were actually hardly moving, it was really slow and deep (physically). Was weird because I wasn't expecting it but just sorta happened, was nice :smile:
I AGREE.
I for one agree :smile:
You sound kind of empty. 'Making love' is cheesy as **** but if people saying 'I love you' during sex disgusts you then you crazy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nerol
A man would say 'I love you' to anything that gave him an orgasm.
LOL.

And I actually just cringed for you... I'd have laughed in his face it I were you haha :smile:

I've never told my hand that I love it :no:
Reply 16
Original post by JCC-MGS
You sound kind of empty. 'Making love' is cheesy as **** but if people saying 'I love you' during sex disgusts you then you crazy.

Hey, they can say it before or after, that's fine. But not during, because I'd laugh and it'd put me off!
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I kind of get what you're saying, but I don't think sex should always be a loveless thing :no:

It's a bit cringey when you're in the middle of sex and the other person is all like ''make love to me.'' It kinda puts me off a bit to be honest. But saying 'I love you' is okay though.

haha the video in your sig!
Reply 18
I think if you are in a really loving relationship and you do use the term then go for it. I used to use the term as I didn't want to see the sex as sex, I wanted it to be more of an expression of our love for each other. Now it is just sex :P
"Sex without love, is an empty vessel". :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending