The Student Room Group

University offers

Hey everyone, I recently reapplied for uni through ucas and have got conditional offers at several unis, but on the ucas decision/offer letter from plymouth it doesnt ask for any specific grades or points for the course, it merely says...

"This offer is subject to you obtaining
Receipt of copies of certificates to confirm the qualifications listed in section 5a of your UCAS application
Please send results to the institution Admissions Office"

Im a little puzzled as to what this actually means, I thought if a university gave you a conditional offer they wanted you to obtain a certain set of grades, and that an unconditional offer meant that you had pretty much met the conditions of the offer already. Does this mean its technically an unconditional offer or....? :s-smilie:

Does anyone know if 'section 5a' is purely just the A-level certificates, or whether that includes the GCSE ones as well? I have got all the certificates I just need to know which ones to send off.

Thankyouu :smile:
thats pretty much an unconditional then.....

as they just want copies of your certificates to check that you didn't lie when putting in your grades etc. onto UCAS
Sound like you got an unconditional offers then...

Well done. :smile: Just send them a coy of you certificate..
Original post by stace:)
Hey everyone, I recently reapplied for uni through ucas and have got conditional offers at several unis, but on the ucas decision/offer letter from plymouth it doesnt ask for any specific grades or points for the course, it merely says...

"This offer is subject to you obtaining
Receipt of copies of certificates to confirm the qualifications listed in section 5a of your UCAS application
Please send results to the institution Admissions Office"

Im a little puzzled as to what this actually means, I thought if a university gave you a conditional offer they wanted you to obtain a certain set of grades, and that an unconditional offer meant that you had pretty much met the conditions of the offer already. Does this mean its technically an unconditional offer or....? :s-smilie:

Does anyone know if 'section 5a' is purely just the A-level certificates, or whether that includes the GCSE ones as well? I have got all the certificates I just need to know which ones to send off.

Thankyouu :smile:

......are you taking exams in the summer?
If so, are you SURE you didn't enter your AS levels as full A-levels?

Because this sounds like an unconditional, but you seem surprised to get it.
Reply 4
Original post by lechaton-x

Original post by lechaton-x
......are you taking exams in the summer?
If so, are you SURE you didn't enter your AS levels as full A-levels?

Because this sounds like an unconditional, but you seem surprised to get it.

I was surprised, I finished my A-levels last summer but I didnt get in n decided to take a gap year, do a couple of retakes and reapply this year

Thanks for all your replies
Original post by stace:)
I was surprised, I finished my A-levels last summer but I didnt get in n decided to take a gap year, do a couple of retakes and reapply this year

Thanks for all your replies

Okay- you're alright then :smile:
Congratulations! x
Reply 6
Ring them up and double check, looks like you're in though - well done!
I would ring them and check - it may be an admin error that they've forgotten to fill in the requirements. If it was truly unconditional, it would usually say so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending