The Student Room Group

Southampton Solent.

Hi Guys,
I'm really panicking atm, just been rejected from "The Solent", had grade requirements of DDD, and my predicted grades are ABD. Can't seem to work out why this is? Any advice please?
Reply 1
Did they have any subject requirements? I.e must of done maths? What course are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by imogo_puff

"The Solent", had grade requirements of DDD,

:eek::eek:
Wow, i never knew you could get rejected from Southampton Solent.
Original post by imogo_puff
Hi Guys,
I'm really panicking atm, just been rejected from "The Solent", had grade requirements of DDD, and my predicted grades are ABD. Can't seem to work out why this is? Any advice please?

what course were you applying for, perhaps a PE or dance course?

also your post is written in a way that suggests you think Solent University is beneath you, I am glad you have been rejected, I hope all your other uni's reject you too and you either have to spend your days scrounging on the dole or flipping burgers at mcdonalds
Original post by OVERCAPITALISED
Wow, i never knew you could get rejected from Southampton Solent.

two people I went to school with that were rejected, they were stuck up wannabe wags
Reply 6
Original post by abcdefg56789
also your post is written in a way that suggests you think Solent University is beneath you, I am glad you have been rejected, I hope all your other uni's reject you too and you either have to spend your days scrounging on the dole or flipping burgers at mcdonalds

I honestly can't see why you'd think that. The OP is just confused because they severely exceed the basic requirements, that's all. Of course, you may have some special power we don't know about, but I doubt that.
Reply 7
Did you have all the subjects specified for entry? Were your GCSEs at the level they demand, especially maths and English? What were your AS grades? For example, you could have got EEE at AS, worked really hard in Y13 and convinced your teachers to predict you ABD (if you resat too) - this would still have looked dodgy to a uni because of what you'd achieved. Was your personal statement related to the course, or did you apply for a different course everywhere else with the same PS?
Reply 8
I had the same issue, but I was rejected a few days before the start of uni, spend a whole year in college and finally got accepted in portsmouth university.

You still have time to re-apply else where or wait for clearing
Original post by Wookie42
I honestly can't see why you'd think that. The OP is just confused because they severely exceed the basic requirements, that's all. Of course, you may have some special power we don't know about, but I doubt that.

If you read it properly it does give the impression that the OP thinks that Solent is crap, he doesn't even bother to call it Solent uni instead he calls Solent uni "the solent" , which suggests he doesn't think it is a proper uni.
Reply 10
wow, rejected from solent.

just kill urself now.
the OP was probably rejected because their was a lot of competition for his course and his grades were dwarfed by others.

solent has low grade requirements to encourage more people to apply to their university, solent's courses are not filled with a load of dunces and chavs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending