The Student Room Group

Ching chong ching chong

So what makes this racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Absinth
So, what made you decide to troll today?

It's a legitimate question.
Reply 2
I wouldn't call that racist. The Chinese language is not a race for starters.
Reply 3
That's definitely offensive to me, I wanna give that bitch a slap.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
It's not racism. Just like if I put on a french accent it is not racism.
It's just incredibly unfunny; not racist.
If not racist then certainly xenophobic and certainly not funny!
Reply 7
Original post by brianslade20
It's not racist but certainly xenophobic and certainly not funny!

This.

Original post by N.A.T.O

:lolwut:
Why does every post you make have no once of thought in it? :dunce:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
I recently discovered there is actually a place in China called Chong Ching. I found it mildly amusing.
Reply 9
Oh - that was supposed to be funny
Original post by Awesomesauce
Sure, because I can live with racism even though it has no need to be there /sarcasm/. It is pretty racist and I find it offensive.

I do apologise. :frown:

I'll retract my earlier comment.

I thought it was one of those things you wouldn't give a damn about, purely because you're used to someone's blatant ignorance.
Reply 11
Original post by Bosch
In all fairness chinese people do sound like they're just saying "Ching chong" a lot of the time, people are way too sensitive about comedians these days, although Rosie O' Donell is the least funny person ever.

If you heard the massive range of Chinese dialects I reckon you'd think differently. Anyway, I agree that she's not the funny type.
Original post by I<3LAMP
I do apologise. :frown:

I'll retract my earlier comment.

I thought it was one of those things you wouldn't give a damn about, purely because you're used to someone's blatant ignorance.

Thats OK. You didn't say anything wrong.:flower:
It's pretty hard to get use to though, because there is always going to be that annoying skinny-skinhead-skeletonfaced pikey and his bum chums whos going to make these remarks every now and then.

+1
Thats OK. You didn't say anything wrong.:flower:
It's pretty hard to get use to though, because there is always going to be that annoying skinny-skinhead-skeletonfaced pikey and his bum chums whos going to make these remarks every now and then.

+1

Yeah but it could be deemed offensive, I'm not in a trolling mood anyway. :h:

Yeah well, they'll wake up in the gutter face down in their own vomit realising they're a waste of space one day. Hopefully. *fingerscrossed*

I hate the way they scoff down an meal down the local Indian or Chinese takeaway but then brazenly insult them and be all racist. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Original post by I<3LAMP
Yeah but it could be deemed offensive, I'm not in a trolling mood anyway. :h:

Yeah well, they'll wake up in the gutter face down in their own vomit realising they're a waste of space one day. Hopefully. *fingerscrossed*

I hate the way they scoff down an meal down the local Indian or Chinese takeaway but then brazenly insult them and be all racist. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :rolleyes:

Well actually its not biting the hand that feeds them, they are paying for the meal. That saying is not meant to be interpreted in a literal sense :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Sure, because I can live with racism even though it has no need to be there /sarcasm/. It is pretty racist and I find it offensive.

The Chinese language is not a race, sorry !
Original post by N.A.T.O

You're an idiot, after what you posted in the Libya benghazi thread how can you not be considered racist is beyond me :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by ChaoticSkills
You're an idiot, after what you posted in the Libya benghazi thread how can you not be considered racist is beyond me :rolleyes:

Islam is not a race. I did not make one reference to anybodys race in that thread. Nor is the Chinese language a race. Obviously your the idiot.

Go and learn the definition of racist
Original post by N.A.T.O
Islam is not a race. I did not make one reference to anybodys race in that thread. Nor is the Chinese language a race. Obviously your the idiot.

Go and learn the definition of racist

How old are you like 10?

It doesn't have to be a race to be considered racist, people can get discriminated because of their religion as well which helps to classify it within this particular term.

Say for instance, when someone expresses an anti semitic sentiment, that is considered racist.

Try Again, also get your "your" and "you're" grammar issues sorted out.

:h:
Reply 19
Original post by ChaoticSkills
How old are you like 10?

It doesn't have to be a race to be considered racist, people can get discriminated because of their religion as well which helps to classify it within this particular term.

Say for instance, when someone expresses an anti semitic sentiment, that is considered racist.

Try Again, also get your "your" and "you're" grammar issues sorted out.

:h:

Yes it does, and I will say criticise any religion, and I will freely mock peoples language or accents as I see fit.

And if you THINK thats racist then TOUGH
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest