The Student Room Group

ucas is ruining my life

i havnt heard back from my top place yet (AND id need an interview) i tried emailing and they responded with the generic, we'll get to you soon email. ive been accepted to three other places and i dont know if i wanna go to any of them. im constantly checking ucas track and the stress of waiting is taking its toll on me.

anyone else been here? and do you think cause its now march i still could get in?

Scroll to see replies

They've got until May to reply to you (as long as you applied before the January deadline). Email them if you're worried.
Reply 2
I know its fustrating. But do you have other offers? Today I got three rejections within the space of 10 minutes. I now have five rejections.
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_XD
I know its fustrating. But do you have other offers? Today I got three rejections within the space of 10 minutes. I now have five rejections.

omg thats so **** ! im sorry, are you gonna go through extra? yeah ive got 3 others but cause theyre not my top one i think im lik well do i wanna bother with them.
Reply 4
Original post by ellakrystina
They've got until May to reply to you (as long as you applied before the January deadline). Email them if you're worried.

i know but most of my other offers open their accomodation in late april and id need to accept them an reply, and id need an interview if the other place wanted me. it just feels really late in the day is all, and i have done they just computer responsed me pretty much, i was thinking of ringing but i dunno if i can even deal with being fobbed off
Reply 5
Original post by GPH92

Original post by GPH92
omg thats so **** ! im sorry, are you gonna go through extra? yeah ive got 3 others but cause theyre not my top one i think im lik well do i wanna bother with them.

Well at least theres always the other offers you have. Taking them might be better than paying 9k for fees next year! Theres only one place left in extra that does a course I'm at all interested in. Applying would mean giving up the very small chance I have on a waiting list at one of the universities I got rejected from.
Good luck with your top choice though!
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_XD
Well at least theres always the other offers you have. Taking them might be better than paying 9k for fees next year! Theres only one place left in extra that does a course I'm at all interested in. Applying would mean giving up the very small chance I have on a waiting list at one of the universities I got rejected from.

Did you apply for a competitive course?
Reply 7
the waiting is so annoying :mad:
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_XD

ugh thats so **** ! well i hope they get you in, what was the course? yeah i wont wait another year to go i wanna start getting my career going.
Reply 9
This is frustrating me as well. I'm wating for my last reply so I can make a sensible decision knowing all my options. I beginning to think it might not even be worth waiting though; I can't be waiting until May to sort out my finance/ accommodation ect. It's up to you though- just don't write off the other unis- i'm sure they're just as good!
Reply 10
Original post by GPH92
i havnt heard back from my top place yet (AND id need an interview) i tried emailing and they responded with the generic, we'll get to you soon email. ive been accepted to three other places and i dont know if i wanna go to any of them. im constantly checking ucas track and the stress of waiting is taking its toll on me.

anyone else been here? and do you think cause its now march i still could get in?

I'm in EXACTLY the same position as you are. Have 3 offers, not sure about them, waiting for my 1 first choice, though I'd require an interview and havent had a reply yet.

I feel for you... What course is it and what uni?
Reply 11
Original post by Danzii
I'm in EXACTLY the same position as you are. Have 3 offers, not sure about them, waiting for my 1 first choice, though I'd require an interview and havent had a reply yet.

I feel for you... What course is it and what uni?

Aw thanks ! i know exactly how you feel too, and when i hear of other peoples choices i feela bit like oh maybe i should have applied there instead as i know 2 places of where i have offers i will NOT be going to no matter what. Graphic Design at Central saint martins, you?
Reply 12
Original post by Stasiaxx

Original post by Stasiaxx
Did you apply for a competitive course?

Yes- medicine
Reply 13
It's hardly UCAS's fault.
CSM will take forever, they are utterly useless at dealing with admissions.
Original post by Nick-ee
This is frustrating me as well. I'm wating for my last reply so I can make a sensible decision knowing all my options. I beginning to think it might not even be worth waiting though; I can't be waiting until May to sort out my finance/ accommodation ect. It's up to you though- just don't write off the other unis- i'm sure they're just as good!

You need to apply for finance NOW even if you havent heard back yet. You just enter the name of your top choice uni and if you end up firming somewhere else you just change it later on.
Reply 16
Original post by GPH92
Aw thanks ! i know exactly how you feel too, and when i hear of other peoples choices i feela bit like oh maybe i should have applied there instead as i know 2 places of where i have offers i will NOT be going to no matter what. Graphic Design at Central saint martins, you?

Hoping for Neuroscience at Kings College London.... Not looking good :/
Good luck with that!
Reply 17
Original post by Blue_XD
Yes- medicine

Wow, that really sucks.(not much else i can say but, you're so brave applying for medicine.)*virtual hug?*
Reply 18
Original post by Danzii
Hoping for Neuroscience at Kings College London.... Not looking good :/
Good luck with that!

Goodluck to you too !
At least you have some offers. I know it's frustrating for you if you're still waiting on your first, but it's even more frustrating being rejected from your first choice and having no other offers :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending