The Student Room Group

Ching chong ching chong

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bosch
In all fairness chinese people do sound like they're just saying "Ching chong" a lot of the time, people are way too sensitive about comedians these days, although Rosie O' Donell is the least funny person ever.

lol?
Original post by N.A.T.O
Yes it does.

No it doesn't you R-Tard.

Read these and tell me I'm wrong.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=racist

Oh and here, I've even chucked in a CBBC website in plain simple English explaining the classifications for racism since you're obviously still 10.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_1700000/newsid_1703900/1703902.stm
Reply 22
Original post by ChaoticSkills
No it doesn't you R-Tard.

Read these and tell me I'm wrong.

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=racist

Oh and here, I've even chucked in a CBBC website in plain simple English explaining the classifications for racism since you're obviously still 10.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_1700000/newsid_1703900/1703902.stm

rac·ism? ?/?re?s?z?m/ Show Spelled
[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I accept the dictionary definition of racism, and the above is portrayd in all dictionaries

Oh and CBBC is not a reputable source idiot. It is obvious you typed in google racism & religion and pasted any crap that linked racism with religion.
(edited 13 years ago)
I hope this thread is about wind chimes and not racism
Reply 24
Ignorance, not racism
Original post by N.A.T.O
The Chinese language is not a race, sorry !

wut. :indiff:
Reply 26
She's quite fat if you ask me.
Reply 27
lolwut..

Two pages of replies and not a single post explaining how it's racist.

How old are you like 10?

It doesn't have to be a race to be considered racist, people can get discriminated because of their religion as well which helps to classify it within this particular term.Say for instance, when someone expresses an anti semitic sentiment, that is considered racist.Try Again, also get your "your" and "you're" grammar issues sorted out.

:h:

The bit in bold is pretty retarded, anti semitism is racism as the Jews are a race obviously. A lot of Jews aren't even religious. How your post has three thumbs up all ready I don't understand.
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Two pages of replies and not a single post explaining how it's racist.

The bit in bold is pretty retarded, anti semitism is racism as the Jews are a race obviously. A lot of Jews aren't even religious. How your post has three thumbs up all ready I don't understand.

Theres different jewish people from various nationalities, I.E Sephardi Jews, Ashkenazi Jews, Arab Jews etc, that doesn't constitute a single race of people.

Overall, these classifications have become skewed over time, somewhere along the line they've manipulated the laws of religion and utilised its use as a form of social identification. Ironically, I'd say I agree with you to a certain extent, but you need to realise the differences in Jews from different parts of the world, they've got different traditions customs etc.

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by N.A.T.O
It's not racism. Just like if I put on a french accent it is not racism.

so "ching chong" is the chinese accent is it now?
Reply 31
Original post by brionysmith
so "ching chong" is the chinese accent is it now?

No, Ching Chong is mocking their language, obviously !
Reply 32
It's racist thats all that matters and FYI theres black and Arabic Jews as well, would they be part of this "race" you're describing :rolleyes: i.e relating to the Russian and Polish Jews who moved to Israel etc :toofunny:

We can agree to disagree that its both a religion and race of people in some sense...

......... According to CBBC
Original post by N.A.T.O
......... According to CBBC

I put that in as humour, since you're too stupid to realise that hate against a religion can be classifed as being racist. Come to think about it did you ever even go to school?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
That UCLA girl's life is ruined for doing something no worse than this. But I guess the context was different so that makes it ok. Stupid humans and their ridiculous logic.
Reply 35
I put that in as humour, since you're too stupid to realise that hate against a religion can be classifed as being racist.

No you did'nt. And criticising or hating a religion is not racism.

rac·ism? ?/?re?s?z?m/ Show Spelled
[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Reply 36
Original post by N.A.T.O

I'd like to see you try and learn Chinese.

Everyone would be able to learn it in a week if it was as simple as 'ching chong'
Reply 37
Lol it's not racist at all, people are far too sensitive these days.
Reply 38
Original post by No Man
I'd like to see you try and learn Chinese.

Everyone would be able to learn it in a week if it was as simple as 'ching chong'

Really, oh really, is it not as simple as Ching chong ? Are you really serious ?

...........I don't think your serious, your pulling my leg, you must be !
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by N.A.T.O

contradictory or what, so if it is not racism what is it? just simply ostracising or "mocking" someone due to the way they speak or look is classed as racism.

Quick Reply

Latest