The Student Room Group

Frustrating - Parents supporting student finance application!

Ok, so i've done most of my part and on my part i successfully registered my mother and she has her log in details and she completed her profile, however it wont allow my mother to enter her national insurance number it keeps saying you cannot use the national insurance number of an existing account :s-smilie: i don't understand because there is no other existing account?

Also, i'm finding the some questions my mother has been asked and even in my application process there are questions that don't seem to be for ourselves. For example when i log in and fill in gaps or answer questions there is a question that sounds like its for my mother and not for me, do i still answer this question as if it was for me? however when my mother logs in she will get certain questions for example it says 'your course' and of course my mother isnt applying to university so why would it ask her about my course?
Do you have a sibling that went through this process last year or a year previously? Maybe she already has an account already and has accidently made a new one?

If not, call them. That's the only thing you can do :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by moneyballs2
Do you have a sibling that went through this process last year or a year previously? Maybe she already has an account already and has accidently made a new one?

If not, call them. That's the only thing you can do :smile:

No sibling. Is it possible to do my application online and my mother does her by paper?
Original post by Yas01

Original post by Yas01
No sibling. Is it possible to do my application online and my mother does her by paper?

Yup, there's that option in your section to get paper forms sent off. :smile:

It'll be easier to call them though, as if there is an issue, it may still need to be dealt with once the paper forms are filled out.
Reply 4
Print off entire application, complete it, send it off.

Sooo much easier :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Muffinz
Print off entire application, complete it, send it off.

Sooo much easier :smile:

can i cancel everything online and start all over on the paper forms?
Reply 6
Original post by Yas01
can i cancel everything online and start all over on the paper forms?

Yep, that's what I sdid last year once my Mum said she'd prefer to do it on paper.
Reply 7
Original post by Muffinz
Yep, that's what I sdid last year once my Mum said she'd prefer to do it on paper.

so you need to call them to do that?
Reply 8
Original post by Yas01
so you need to call them to do that?

I just left it alone and sent in the form and they sorted it out.
Reply 9
does anyone know what your parents have to put on the paper forms, in the reference number box? or do they just leave it blank (because they havent got one :s-smilie:) ?
Reply 10
Original post by samicca
does anyone know what your parents have to put on the paper forms, in the reference number box? or do they just leave it blank (because they havent got one :s-smilie:) ?

Well because i started the finance online, it gave me and my mum a reference number. so we put down the reference number on the paper forms. So my guess is sign up via the internet then use the reference number on your paper forms,

BTW if anyone started online and then went onto doing it by papers forms you must state somewhere that you started Online
Reply 11
Original post by Yas01
Well because i started the finance online, it gave me and my mum a reference number. so we put down the reference number on the paper forms. So my guess is sign up via the internet then use the reference number on your paper forms,

BTW if anyone started online and then went onto doing it by papers forms you must state somewhere that you started Online

its just all rather confusing :/
does this mean that i will have to create two seperate accounts, one for my mum and one form my dad & will i have to link it with my online account even though they are doing their forms on paper :s-smilie: ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending