The Student Room Group

He smokes -.-

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bakerzoid
The stupidity of women amuses me.

Don't complain, it's to our advantage :colone:
Why are people being so harsh?

It's a preference for one to find smoking a complete turn off. But I do agree that she's slightly overreacting.

Everyone just needs to deal with.
Reply 22
Since you've presumably not had a great deal of actual contact with him, you've built up an unrealistic ideal of him in your head. It's hardly surprising that you find things you don't like about him.
Reply 23
Josh:

Reply 24
Original post by L i b
Since you've presumably not had a great deal of actual contact with him, you've built up an unrealistic ideal of him in your head. It's hardly surprising that you find things you don't like about him.

I notice a lot of women appear to have this same problem. BS ideas of what human beings are supposed to be.

You can't compare real people to people on tv or people you just imagined in your head.
So you barely know the guy, yet are pissed off at him for smoking?
You expect him to be something he isn't (a non-smoker) yet can't deal with the fact that life has thrown you a curveball?

The world is going to eat your soul and fart out the particles.
Reply 26
dude calm down, it's not like you guys are going out
Smokers don't really bother me, its a life choice. If you got to know him I am sure you could 'change' him if you care about it so much.

(just out of interest why does your bus taken an hour to get to school, is it through country lanes because i ****ing hate that)
Reply 28
Mind your own ****ing business, you stalker.
Hey it's ok, some people find smoking a bit disgusting yes, but if I liked someone that much I wouldn't let it get to me, I'd just be prepared to ask him not to smoke around me personally if I got to know him better...

As long as you're not prejudiced against smokers themselves and just don't like the act of it, you should be fine pursuing a smoker.. right?
Reply 30
It's exactly the same when you see anyone smoke you thought didn't and all you think is

'oh'
Reply 31
Original post by .meh.
Josh:

Such a good post :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by rugbyladosc
Smokers don't really bother me, its a life choice. If you got to know him I am sure you could 'change' him if you care about it so much.

(just out of interest why does your bus taken an hour to get to school, is it through country lanes because i ****ing hate that)

I wish it was you know, its on the other side of city. I live the south and my 6th form is based in the north somewhere... :s-smilie:
Reply 33
Original post by L i b

This.

Also, the solution is simple... if him smoking bothers you that much then perhaps you just find some other guy to admire from afar, build unrealistic expectations of and then be distraught over.
Reply 34
You sound incredibly creepy. You stalk some random guy and in your mind you build him up to be so 'perfect' human and completely overreact to him having one character flaw. If this was a guy posting the same thread about a woman the responses would have been much less kind. Grow up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hah! Oh you remind me of myself...
Don't worry about it, it's not like you're planning on marrying or anything!
It's only a minor issue, not really worth ruining what could be the beginnings of something beautiful. :wink:
You get used to it.

I grew up in my mother's house for 18 years - no-one was allowed to smoke on the premises (bearing in mind dad ran a business from there so there were constantly people around) and I didn't have any friends who smoked.

Got to uni and BAM! Fell for a bloke who smokes a deck a day! He smokes less now I'm with him, and has tried to give up a few times, but as long as he doesn't want kisses straight after a cig, I don't really mind any more.
There's nothing you can do... you're not even dating!
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Tell him that if he doesn't stop smoking, your lips, (both pairs of them), shall be off limits to his genitalia.

:sexface:

yeah so a girl who he has yet to sleep with and has yet to speak to - she says something like that and hes going to say two words the first words rymes with duck the second is off.
Reply 39
Honestly, don't think it's worth it. You haven't actually met this guy have you? You just get on the same bus as him and have developed a crush of sorts.
A lot of people smoke, and once you know them, if you don't smoke and they do, it isn't as big of a deal as you both know eachother and are in a relationship. At this stage however, where it puts you completely off him, think if you were in a relationship with him, would it bother you so much then? or is it just because your 'perfect' image of him is destroyed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending