The Student Room Group

How realistic is it to get a bf

I’m single at the moment, I never had any proper relationships. I did however had a lot of flings with guys.
But I really would like to have a bf, I’m going to uni in September and I would like to find a bf. However I have heard that all the good ones are taken by the time you go to uni and if they ar enot taken they don’t really want a relationship and they just want to **** around!!

Would I be able to find myself a nice bf in uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you joking? :hmmmm: Of course it isn't unrealistic!
Yeah you can. Just go for a fairly ugly looking, nice guy with low confidence and you have a great chance of getting a bf. :smile:
Reply 3
Yes of course you can! So long as you look in the right places and you are trying to be a good gf there is no reason why you shouldnt get the right guy
Reply 4
world is not as it's been told to you!
go out explore and find your gem!
Picture?
Reply 6
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Yeah you can. Just go for a fairly ugly looking, nice guy with low confidence and you have a great chance of getting a bf. :smile:

ermm I have high standard..I don't want to sound arrogant but I would like to go out with someone like myself, good looking, good personality, clever and FUN
Reply 7
Original post by assassin's_creed
Picture?

Picture? why do u need my pic?
Reply 8
These things can't really be generalized. It's as realistic as you make it. Try hard, meet lots of people and see what happens. There aren't "rules" that mean that there isn't one guy thats looking for the same thing. Good luck, hope you find him!
Original post by Anonymous

It will help to judge the likelihood of you getting a BF...
Reply 10

he wants to see if your fit lol

you sound nice, im sure you can find a nice guy x
Original post by smc2010
he wants to see if your fit lol

you sound nice, im sure you can find a nice guy x

Reply 12
Original post by assassin's_creed
It will help to judge the likelihood of you getting a BF...

LOL I said I have had lot of flings, getting guys is not a problem I get approached by random guys all the time. I want a bf material but I haven't found him yet :/
Upload your picture and we'll see:smile:
LOL I said I have had lot of flings, getting guys is not a problem I get approached by random guys all the time. I want a bf material but I haven't found him yet :/

You can look like someone who is Girlfriend matterial and you can look like someone who's just seen as a shag...no offence love. :biggrin:
Upload your pic as others have said.

Having an early night and gotta knock one out after my night cap so try not to be too long.
Reply 16
ermm I have high standard..I don't want to sound arrogant but I would like to go out with someone like myself, good looking, good personality, clever and FUN

we all do! and to be fair i wouldn't settle for less tho i'm hardly more than average assuming i am :tongue:

While it is obviously very important to be attracted to your partner, don't rule guys out just because they're not conventionally good-looking. You will miss out on some very funny, intelligent, good-hearted and generally lovely guys if you do.
It's easier than breathing. Guys will date ANYTHING. However, if you're going to be fussy/unrealistic and expect only Oli Sykes or Taylor Lautner look-a-likes to be good enough and to be faithful to you, then you're going to be left on the shelf and graduate alone.
Reply 19
xx
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply