The Student Room Group

Serious question, serious replies only :)

A lot of people tell me that I’m really pretty, but to be honest I don’t really see it. I don’t feel confident about my looks, I think I have a great body but I don’t think I’m pretty.
I get a lot of attention from guys and guys have told me that I’m pretty and that I’m one of the prettiest girls in school etc. I don’t really see how though

How can I actually see what others see, how do I be more confident and how do you actually know that you are pretty.
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of people tell me that I’m really pretty, but to be honest I don’t really see it. I don’t feel confident about my looks, I think I have a great body but I don’t think I’m pretty.
I get a lot of attention from guys and guys have told me that I’m pretty and that I’m one of the prettiest girls in school etc. I don’t really see how though

How can I actually see what others see, how do I be more confident and how do you actually know that you are pretty.

PM me a picture and I'll be 100% honest with you. Good or bad.
Same story with me. TBH, you should just believe them and be happy even if you're not confident. :-)
Im the same - I get told im pretty but I dont believe it. I dont think im the most unattractive person but I dont see what other people see...

I guess you just have to try and believe it. Apparently, if you look at a photo of you it is pretty much a true representation of how other people view you. Im sure if you look at a photo you will see what others see and hopefully then you will realise how pretty you are (as im sure you are!) x
Original post by *twinkletoes*
Im the same - I get told im pretty but I dont believe it. I dont think im the most unattractive person but I dont see what other people see...

I guess you just have to try and believe it. Apparently, if you look at a photo of you it is pretty much a true representation of how other people view you. Im sure if you look at a photo you will see what others see and hopefully then you will realise how pretty you are (as im sure you are!) x

Not true at all, photos can be VERY deceiving. Photos are 2D and different lights, lenses and cameras can significantly alter how you look. The best way to see how you look is to get a video camera and record yourself just walking around or something.
Pics or GTFO.
Original post by Lord_Farquad
Not true at all, photos can be VERY deceiving. Photos are 2D and different lights, lenses and cameras can significantly alter how you look. The best way to see how you look is to get a video camera and record yourself just walking around or something.

That is a very true point - However, if you look in a mirror, then your own personal opinions and views of yourself will cloud your judgement of how you actually look. I do agree with the video camera thing though. That bit makes sense! :smile:
Original post by *twinkletoes*
That is a very true point - However, if you look in a mirror, then your own personal opinions and views of yourself will cloud your judgement of how you actually look. I do agree with the video camera thing though. That bit makes sense! :smile:

Another problem with the mirror is that your image is reversed. Many people become accustomed to this reversed image and when they see themselves flipped they find themselves to be hideous.
Reply 8
confidence- who cares what others think :smile:
PM me a pic if you want an honest rating out of 10.

But only if you can handle the truth. I will be completely honest.
Sorry but your whole post just had undertones of "TELL ME I'M PRETTY, TELL ME I'M PRETTY NOWWWW!"

You either have genuine confidence issues or you just like to fish for compliments. The latter is probably more likely if you're asking for stranger's opinions on a forum.

You probably look fine, just try not to think so much of what everyone else thinks and concentrate on being yourself.
(edited 13 years ago)
If you know you're pretty, it's not attractive. Stay as you are
Pics or GTFO

Quick Reply