The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilly14
I got an offer for English about two weeks ago :smile:
As a quiet stalker of tsr Bristol threads, thought this might reassure some English applicants- I was convinced I'd been rejected and am actually really surprised at the offer. I was starting to think that their standards were impossibly high but I got two As, a B and a C in my AS exams, and I'm sure plenty of people here have much better than that.
Good luck to the English applicants still waiting!

Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations on your offer. :smile: I'm getting so nervous, I keep having dreams about it!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1641
Applying for chemistry/environmental science
just firmed for electrical and electronic engineering, finally made a decision haha!!
Original post by leticiabessel
Anybody going to the Maths open day thing tomorrow?

Yup :smile:
for anybody still waiting on english - i somehow got an offer today! sent my application off on the 9th november so wasn't expecting to hear from them for a while. :biggrin:
Original post by whisperings
for anybody still waiting on english - i somehow got an offer today! sent my application off on the 9th november so wasn't expecting to hear from them for a while. :biggrin:

Wow congratulations! May I ask what your AS levels and predicted grades are please? Thanks for the encouragement. :smile:
Original post by writerwho~
Wow congratulations! May I ask what your AS levels and predicted grades are please? Thanks for the encouragement. :smile:

i'm on a gap year atm - got ABCC at as and then A*AB at a2 (resitting the B and need to get an A - 2 pesky marks :rolleyes: ) but i did my a-levels in a backwards and roundabout way so it's a bit confusing, ha. anyway best of luck with your application!
:frown: Each day gives me slightly more confidence that I may get an offer-after all, I haven't been rejected yet!-but makes me increasingly more tentative, nervous and snappy. UCAS should come with a health risk warning...:mad:
Original post by whisperings

Well done! I presume that us English applicants are drawing ever closer to the day then...how has the rest of your UCAS gone?
Original post by playxsailxliv
French or Russian anyone?

yep, I applied for Russian

no response as of yet
anyone for Russian had an offer yet?
I looked on the website and saw

Entry requirements for Russian
A Levels ABB - BCC. B in Russian or another language

now I'm predicted straight As and school say I have a brilliant personal statement.. I also got an oxford interview (it got me that far.. but I failed). So I dunno, seems like enough? I like to think so, but I'm getting kind of worried, as I've heard nothing. Not only that, my mate is in a better position than me (oxford interview and predicted 4 A*s) but he got rejected by Bristol. Having said that, he applied for PPE.
All very confusing and intriguing.

anyone heard?
Just firmed Bristol :smile:
Original post by Andy Ftw
Yup :smile:

Oh I must have seen you there then hahahah oops!
Law offer!
Still waiting for Philosophy...at this stage, I'm wondering how long I should wait before I just cancel the application. Has Bristol ever made people wait past the 31st March for a decision?
Original post by Vitamin Crack

Still waiting for Philosophy...at this stage, I'm wondering how long I should wait before I just cancel the application. Has Bristol ever made people wait past the 31st March for a decision?

I've heard of April offers.

Yeah, last year an English student at my school had to wait until about a week into April...

They have to make all decisions by the 31st of march, so spilling into april is a possibility
Original post by KingMessi
Yeah, last year an English student at my school had to wait until about a week into April...

Did they get an offer or rejection?
Original post by writerwho~
Did they get an offer or rejection?

They got an offer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending