The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bigmo7
Yes, upgradeable to 2.2

Clicky

where do I download it from?
Reply 4341
Original post by Yawn11
Samsung galaxy s2 is coming out, my friend says it has dual core? And runs ginger bread?

My contract ends in august so I could get it just dunno if it's worth it.

Is it true that ginger bread can be run on sgs? I remember one guy tried to sell an sgs with 2.3 beta, but I already got this phone by that time.

What I wanna know is, if it's possible how EXACTLY could I install it on my phone?

Yeah JV1 has been out since the start of March and it's Gingerbread for the SGS. It's a beta and a bit unstable so wait for a stable release of GB for the SGS and then flash it. You can do it via Odin or no doubt it will be available thru CWM soon enough.
Reply 4342
Original post by rajandkwameali

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=868

No doubt be available on XDA...you'll have to have a read around regarding the method to update it but it shouldn't be too hard.
Original post by rajandkwameali

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=861

XDA is usually the best place to go for stuff like that.
Reply 4344
Original post by AugustWestie
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=861

XDA is usually the best place to go for stuff like that.

:colonhash: Check the post before yours.

:mmm:
Reply 4345
Original post by bigmo7
Yeah JV1 has been out since the start of March and it's Gingerbread for the SGS. It's a beta and a bit unstable so wait for a stable release of GB for the SGS and then flash it. You can do it via Odin or no doubt it will be available thru CWM soon enough.

Alright then, cheers.
Original post by bigmo7
:colonhash: Check the post before yours.

:mmm:

:facepalm: Damn it. :tongue:
Original post by silent ninja

So what's HTC got on the horizon besides the Desire S?

I mean, I really want either an HTC for sense and all the nice little touches they have on their interface (the only Android manfucaturer that puts a lot of thought in to their products imo) or an iPhone 5 this year. But HTC seem to be releasing very minor updates. Anything on par with the Samsung Galaxy S2 out there? I'm really not keen on Samsung with their crappy support, optimisation (or lack of) and lack of updates. The Atrix looks fantastic except I'm not interested in Webtop and Motoblur<Sense. It's got a high pixel density and seems to be fairly compact though.

I have a feeling HTC are going to try and make September their new release window like what they did with the Desire HD. I think it's almost certain they will come out with a dual/quad core this year the only problem is figuring out when. I would also not place too much emphasis on Sense, yeah it's great and I enjoy the nice little touches but Launcher Pro is a much better and fulfilling launcher. I would only recommend Sense to some who wants a smooth experience like that on Ios.
Original post by yoyo462001
I have a feeling HTC are going to try and make September their new release window like what they did with the Desire HD. I think it's almost certain they will come out with a dual/quad core this year the only problem is figuring out when. I would also not place too much emphasis on Sense, yeah it's great and I enjoy the nice little touches but Launcher Pro is a much better and fulfilling launcher. I would only recommend Sense to some who wants a smooth experience like that on Ios.

Who does not want a smooth experience?

I have a basic 2.1 phone, stripped bare, which I have now converted to Froyo on a japanese jellyfish rom, supposedly quicker processor than the HTC Legend, but after seeing a Legend in action over the period of a few months, I know for sure that if my next phone isn't by apple, it's by HTC. Nothing else compares, all the nice little touches, a typing/processing experience to rival/better Apple, and something that's incredible versatile. The Desire HD is too big, and the Legend a little too chunky, but the Desire is pretty much perfect atm. Usually HTC release window is May time? Desire, Legend, Wildfire all released around that time?
Original post by yoyo462001

It's the little touches, like the magnifying glass to edit words (like iPhone) and the integration of apps. The techradar review of the Incredible S kinda sums it up.
Original post by Straight up G

Original post by Straight up G
Who does not want a smooth experience?

I have a basic 2.1 phone, stripped bare, which I have now converted to Froyo on a japanese jellyfish rom, supposedly quicker processor than the HTC Legend, but after seeing a Legend in action over the period of a few months, I know for sure that if my next phone isn't by apple, it's by HTC. Nothing else compares, all the nice little touches, a typing/processing experience to rival/better Apple, and something that's incredible versatile. The Desire HD is too big, and the Legend a little too chunky, but the Desire is pretty much perfect atm. Usually HTC release window is May time? Desire, Legend, Wildfire all released around that time?

By 'smooth' experience I mean not having to change anything, like right now I have Laucnher Pro and widget locker which means I have to fiddle around with things to get them to be just how I like it, and that's exactly what I have. Launcher pro is actually much smoother (since it's GPU accelerated) than Sense is.
It's the little touches, like the magnifying glass to edit words (like iPhone) and the integration of apps. The techradar review of the Incredible S kinda sums it up.

To be honest I forgot about that, I guess there are a lot of little things that they do that I take for granted.
Yep, moving the cursor around without a trackball is annoying as hell.
girlfriends contract is coming to an end soon, I want her to get an android

any good ones coming out / what is the best at the moment? She doesn't want one as big as my HD lol

Yep, moving the cursor around without a trackball is annoying as hell.

Definitely. Now that I have a Nexus 1 I can use the trackball to scroll around text areas. This is a huge plus for me since I do a lot of posting and reading on carious forum aand news sites.
Original post by commandant
girlfriends contract is coming to an end soon, I want her to get an android

any good ones coming out / what is the best at the moment? She doesn't want one as big as my HD lol

I would say either the Nexus S, Desire HD, or... maybe a Galaxy S phone? I wouldn't really go for the Atrix right now; had one and although I loves the speed, the overall experience wasn't as fluid as i would have liked.

I'm using a Nexus 1 right now and love it so much more; perfect phone in my opinion.
AT&T buying T mobile US :zomg:

Original post by G8D
Totally affects me :zomg:

Doesn't affect us much but it's still really surprising. :p:
Could this be the answer to all Motorola phone owners prayers? I hope so, because a custom ROM on an Atrix has potential.
Is touch screen on HTC desire HD fast like iPhone????

I have tried touch of HTC Desire (normal one) and it's little slow:frown:

Which would you recommend, normal desire or desire HD???
Original post by cazzy-joe
Is touch screen on HTC desire HD fast like iPhone????

I have tried touch of HTC Desire (normal one) and it's little slow:frown:

Which would you recommend, normal desire or desire HD???

:confused:

I've experienced all three phones and they all have equally responsive screens.

The Desire HD trumps the Desire in almost every aspect, but it is pretty big. That's more than made up for with the size of the screen IMO. It's definitely not too big. You might also want to look into the Desire S that will be out next month.

Latest

Trending

Trending