The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Anyone who got an offer from York with predictions ABB?

Im applying for Biology in York,but with ABB predictions.(A Maths,B Biology,B Chemistry) Im also taking Turkish A level which will be A but I dont know if they will consider it as an advantage.

Do I have a chance of getting an offer?

If the standard offer is AAB, you'll be unlikely to receive one.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by -WhySoSerious?

Original post by -WhySoSerious?
If the standard offer is AAB, you'll be unlikely to receive one.

The standard offer for biology is ABB.
I'd have thought you'd be okay.
Maths, Chemistry & Biology are all very useful and strong subjects for a Biology application, and you're on target for the grades they're asking for.
It'll probably come down to more how the competition (other applications) is.

Good luck!
Standard offer is ABB, I have an offer for ABB. However my predicted are AAB. You'll be fine with ABB anyway I should suspect, unless they really want an A in biology. It doesn't specify the A in my offer needs to be biology though.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone I feel much better now!:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Aydn9
Im applying for Biology in York,but with ABB predictions.(A Maths,B Biology,B Chemistry) Im also taking Turkish A level which will be A but I dont know if they will consider it as an advantage.

I know a guy who got offer with BBB predictions for AAB course. But it wasn't Biology though.
Reply 7
Original post by ssalomov
I know a guy who got offer with BBB predictions for AAB course. But it wasn't Biology though.

Wow!! I love York :colondollar:
Reply 8
My daughter got to York last year (History). However, she only got offers from 3 of the 5 unis she applied for on the UCAS form, with Cambridge and Warwick not giving her an offer. She was predicted A*AA and got A*A*A (A in History). I guess I say this to say nothing is ever guaranteed, and to be prepared for the occasional shock - but to recognise it as their loss not yours. :smile:
Reply 9
I've got on offer on Management ( Year in Industry ) predicted ABB

No interviews or anything. Missed the Feb open day, need to book one soon though!

Canne wait!
Reply 10
So long as you meet the required grades (which you have) you're in with as good a chance as anybody.
Reply 11
I applied for biochem at york and they told me that though the typical offers are ABB they every year accept people from ABB-BBC because they fill it based on the people who will both most benefit from the course and who will most benefit the course and work well, not purely on test results.

I got BBB and they said yes.

You should be fine.
Reply 12
I got offered an AAB course with ABB prediction :smile: good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by nicatre
I applied for biochem at york and they told me that though the typical offers are ABB they every year accept people from ABB-BBC because they fill it based on the people who will both most benefit from the course and who will most benefit the course and work well, not purely on test results.

I got BBB and they said yes.

You should be fine.

how amazing they are....:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Aydn9

I got the same offer :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Lady Cloud
I got offered an AAB course with ABB prediction :smile: good luck! :biggrin:

I got the same!

What course was yours btw?
Reply 16
Original post by vn2009
I got the same!

What course was yours btw?

English/Philosophy - how about you? :smile: